Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Too hard!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
This game gets easier as you level up. I find it strange that the starting zone seems to be (for me anyway) the hardest of all of them. Not sure if that was by design, but I found myself losing several times in the Skull Island zones, but soloing almost the entire rest of the game without much of a problem.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
I found that when I went to the crab crawlies it was the hardest part.All the other quests were easy.

P.S. I am on the quest to get the windstone from the marleybone ships.Level 12 swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
Mister Admantechia... on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
Gosh dang! I can barely survive a battle in skull island, now, this worries me about the balance of difficulty of the game overall! If the very first world is hard, I would hate to see what the next worlds have in store-Please reduce the amount of strength some enemies have.
i honestly think your lieing.. the first world is easy second easy third easy fourth easy fivth medium seriously none of them are really hard if you cant surrvive i battle you must not be training your companions so your companions must be horrible

Ensign
May 11, 2009
Aqulos and Marleybone are just too hard. I will finish the pirate I started and that will be it for me.

Community Leader
The First Swashbuc... on Apr 21, 2013 wrote:
i honestly think your lieing.. the first world is easy second easy third easy fourth easy fivth medium seriously none of them are really hard if you cant surrvive i battle you must not be training your companions so your companions must be horrible
Please consider the age of a conversation/thread.
Difficulty levels have been under regular adjustment by KI.
What we are seeing now, is not necessarily what was being experienced when the OP posted.

"Aqulos and Marleybone are just too hard. I will finish the pirate I started and that will be it for me."

These worlds definately require the pirate to be a bit more attentive, more understanding in how their talents, and companions work together, battle strategies really start to come into play with these tougher mobs. Not disagreeing that it might be difficult to some, just wanting to make the point its much more comprehensive than prior content. Requires a bit more "thought", I being one for a relaxed game could see it turned down a bit myself, but have enjoyed it still as-is so far (currently questing in Aquila).

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
None of the worlds should be too difficult if you know how your pirate's class works.

You have to keep in mind that you should be using weapons that boost with the bonuses you get from gear/training etc. Second, keep in mind that one stat is not everything. Try to keep your stats as balanced as you can. (However, putting a little extra emphasis on the stat your class uses won't hurt. I.E. Swashbuckler dodge, Musketeer accuracy etc.)

As for companions it helps to know what their epic abilities do. If you know what they are capable of you will have an easier time maximizing the damage that they dish out each round. For example, my companion Sarah Steele came with Repel Boarders. That, in and of itself, is not too effective. However, I got First Strike and Riposte, both of which work very well with her Repel Boarders. Now she's a very valuable companion to have on the battlefield.

In addition to that where you place yourself and your companions on the board matters. Try use traps against the enemies without getting hit by them. I'd also recommend keeping your melee companions near an obstacle. It helps if they have one side protected against the oncoming enemies. Last, but certainly not least, I find it helps if I keep my companions closer together. That way they can all focus on one enemy. It's often easier to go for only one or two enemies at a time, so your forces aren't spread out all over the place.

Scarlet Freeman, level 57(ish) Swashbuckler, at your service.

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Gosh dang! I can barely survive a battle in skull island, now, this worries me about the balance of difficulty of the game overall! If the very first world is hard, I would hate to see what the next worlds have in store-Please reduce the amount of strength some enemies have.
I actually didn't find the first world that difficult, that's just my opinion though. The worlds also do become tougher, but so does your pirate and some companions (depends on what you do with your training points)

Bosun
May 10, 2010
This game can be very difficult, pending on your own personal choices.

If you are having a very hard time, try this:

1. Make sure El Toro is trained up and use him as your First Mate!
Right off the bat, use El Toro's Espirit de Corps, the 25% Accuracy & Dodge boost, especially when playing with others, if everyone does this, the boosts stack.

2. Make sure your gear is not just giving Health & Armor or Resistance, health boosts are nice, but they will not win you a war, what's better to have a little extra health, or dodge a hit completely? Use gear that has Accuracy &/or Dodge, this will ensure you hit when you need to and increase your chances of dodging.

3. Train your companions in Rough, Dodge, & Accuracy! Everything else is bonus, but these 3 are critical for having a successful team.

These are a few things that you can do to help you along the way. Good Luck

DarthJT

Ensign
Nov 20, 2008
Well i'm a level 15 swashbuckler. Swashbucklers are powerful and fast. Doesn't block very much dodges alot (If you have the right stats) And your weapons can be very powerful and can do like 10% armor pent witch will help with the damage part!

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Here is a tip you should use your class weapon and train your companions and also if that doesn't work ask for some help.romantic rebbeca ivring

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
Captain
May 13, 2011
if you think the crabs are hard, fight the scorpions or sky snakes in cool ranch. those things as very annoying when you have the same lvl. the first enemy i fought in cool ranch was a scorpion. big mistake. those things are lvl 24