the weird mysterious dino cave in the jungle

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2012
57
in the gold mine i just found a cave called cave tomb did anyone else find that it has aztecosaur mummy 2 times and 1 aztecosaur blood lord

Developer
A completely optional boss fight hidden in the middle of nowhere?

I wonder if he drops any custom loot...?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
222
I believe this is for a side quest.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Ratbeard on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
A completely optional boss fight hidden in the middle of nowhere?

I wonder if he drops any custom loot...?
You can always make me giggle Ratbeard. Thank you for being you.

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2012
57
it is no side quest i completed them from the jungle no quest that leads there and they are all lvl 16
and there is treasure to activate so interactible

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
474
This reminds me of a promotion x. x

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2012
57
if you dont belive me then come to the gold mine at 12:58 or 56

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
pirateman08385 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
in the gold mine i just found a cave called cave tomb did anyone else find that it has aztecosaur mummy 2 times and 1 aztecosaur blood lord
Where exactly is it? Like dock place, area and how to get there. I might want to fight him a few times

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2012
57
go to the dock of the gold mine in avery realm at the time i wrote

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
pirateman08385 on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
go to the dock of the gold mine in avery realm at the time i wrote
well I found it but thx anyway.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
Ratbeard on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
A completely optional boss fight hidden in the middle of nowhere?

I wonder if he drops any custom loot...?
That reminds me of the troll cave in grizzlehiem, he dropped a yellow troll pet for me.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
302
I farmed that Cave Tomb today and although I did not find any unique loot, I figured out a way to get No Auction items pretty consistently. Of course, it was all 10th level gear, and I remember how hard this fight was at 10th level. Believe me, Gortez is easier.
The trick I used to get No Auction Drops had to do with the piles of treasure in the room. Whenever a unit operates a pile there is a cha-ching sound, the jewels fly up and disappear, and a Tock sound counts another chance at the loot table. The pile disappears as soon as it is operated, but every unit that got a command to operate that pile in the planning phase gets to operate the now-invisible pile. So what I do is arrange for every unit in my crew to operate a pile every round, until the piles are all gone. I end with the gold-only pile and only have 2 units operate that one. Since you can only operate a pile from one space away, and there is only a maximum of 2 passable spaces adjacent to a pile, flying units are a big help. Forget about flying pets, they never attack objects.
The battle is over when all enemies are defeated, and none of the Aztecosaurs drops a boss chest.
Has anyone found a way to open the door in the back of the cave or get a Dino in there to drop a boss chest?

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2012
57
Row4n412 on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
I farmed that Cave Tomb today and although I did not find any unique loot, I figured out a way to get No Auction items pretty consistently. Of course, it was all 10th level gear, and I remember how hard this fight was at 10th level. Believe me, Gortez is easier.
The trick I used to get No Auction Drops had to do with the piles of treasure in the room. Whenever a unit operates a pile there is a cha-ching sound, the jewels fly up and disappear, and a Tock sound counts another chance at the loot table. The pile disappears as soon as it is operated, but every unit that got a command to operate that pile in the planning phase gets to operate the now-invisible pile. So what I do is arrange for every unit in my crew to operate a pile every round, until the piles are all gone. I end with the gold-only pile and only have 2 units operate that one. Since you can only operate a pile from one space away, and there is only a maximum of 2 passable spaces adjacent to a pile, flying units are a big help. Forget about flying pets, they never attack objects.
The battle is over when all enemies are defeated, and none of the Aztecosaurs drops a boss chest.
Has anyone found a way to open the door in the back of the cave or get a Dino in there to drop a boss chest?
youre last sentence is what i really asked the door is wierd i want to get in there is there even more fights behind the door oh gortez is easier because he has a lower level