Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Floating Duchman way too difficult!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 12, 2018
I just started this game i'm a level 8 Witch Doctor. and i got to the Marie Celestia dungeon. The final fight is brutally difficult, he takes my companions and i end up fighting 7 enemies with just my pirate. I tried 20 times solo then teammed up i found one other player on last fight we got destroyed, and after 3 attempts they gave up and i was alone again it's crazy a fight is this hard this early on did not expect this much of a difficulty spike in the member areas. Any advice is appriciated.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Ranged attacks are the key, and ignore other enemies -- defeat the Dutchman from afar before he can poison the crews.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ThePirate87351 on Feb 13, 2018 wrote:
I just started this game i'm a level 8 Witch Doctor. and i got to the Marie Celestia dungeon. The final fight is brutally difficult, he takes my companions and i end up fighting 7 enemies with just my pirate. I tried 20 times solo then teammed up i found one other player on last fight we got destroyed, and after 3 attempts they gave up and i was alone again it's crazy a fight is this hard this early on did not expect this much of a difficulty spike in the member areas. Any advice is appriciated.
It's not hard, if you go in prepared for that fight. Forget about using Old Scratch, or Carcarious, at their level they're not much use against an all melee fight.
Use Bonnie Anne ( if she has had her first promotion, did you give her over watch? ) and your first companion ( Kan Po ) and Mormo ( and keep him to the rear! ).
Also, just how are you equipped? Have you done the Temple of Fire for Ch'ok A' Kab's gear drops? These items are very useful.
Do some side quests to raise your level and gain gold for your companions.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2018
I beat this at level 10 after beating the prawns and taking the advice thank you.