Temple Throne Room FLOODING with players

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
234
I recently decided to go back to the old Temple of Gloom to take a look at the new Crokogator enemies and take on Fin Dorsal once again, just for nostalgia. When I went to the Throne Room, suddenly a whole "army" of players stepped to the sigil and filled it, three more people interrupting my sigil countdown every attempt! I just couldn't keep myself together having so many players interrupting me. But luckily, they finally left me in peace. So I went in on my own and continued my confrontation.

Have you ever seen a situation like this? Please ask.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 29, 2012
213
Mark Laveer on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
I recently decided to go back to the old Temple of Gloom to take a look at the new Crokogator enemies and take on Fin Dorsal once again, just for nostalgia. When I went to the Throne Room, suddenly a whole "army" of players stepped to the sigil and filled it, three more people interrupting my sigil countdown every attempt! I just couldn't keep myself together having so many players interrupting me. But luckily, they finally left me in peace. So I went in on my own and continued my confrontation.

Have you ever seen a situation like this? Please ask.
I assume Fin's area is over crowded at the moment, because 1.) being the first sigil instance in the game, will likely have more low level players than any other part of the game 2.) KI recently added new gear with bosses in Skull Island and Fin is the easiest (quickest?) boss to farm from.

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
87
Mark Laveer on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
I recently decided to go back to the old Temple of Gloom to take a look at the new Crokogator enemies and take on Fin Dorsal once again, just for nostalgia. When I went to the Throne Room, suddenly a whole "army" of players stepped to the sigil and filled it, three more people interrupting my sigil countdown every attempt! I just couldn't keep myself together having so many players interrupting me. But luckily, they finally left me in peace. So I went in on my own and continued my confrontation.

Have you ever seen a situation like this? Please ask.
Hi,

I never had this before but I like to have pirates around me, otherwise its so quiet

did you changed realm? normally the first and second realms are crowed, specially at weekends etc so if you don't like it if the zone is crowed with people change your realm and it will be fine

Blaze

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Yea it has happened to me. If I am not in a hurry I just let them cause I know they are only wanting some help but if I really want to solo I just change realms to a perfect rated one and can then enter in peace.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
Mark Laveer on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
I recently decided to go back to the old Temple of Gloom to take a look at the new Crokogator enemies and take on Fin Dorsal once again, just for nostalgia. When I went to the Throne Room, suddenly a whole "army" of players stepped to the sigil and filled it, three more people interrupting my sigil countdown every attempt! I just couldn't keep myself together having so many players interrupting me. But luckily, they finally left me in peace. So I went in on my own and continued my confrontation.

Have you ever seen a situation like this? Please ask.
That I don't find a problem... I always appreciate extra support from other players.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
302
Have a little charity, Mark! You wouldn't be delayed in your effort to destroy Fin by more than one or two rounds, and maybe the beginners wanted to observe the awesome terror of the skyways you have become! If your computer lags in big fights, like mine does, you can go to an unpopulated realm where only your friends can find you.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
Yes it is flooded lol how do you change realms I never knew there were realms

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Yes it is flooded lol how do you change realms I never knew there were realms
I just posted this on another thread so sorry if it appears as a duplicate.
To change realms, move your mouse to the top of your screen and when the menu drops down, select the gear, It's the last on on the right.
Then select 'Options' another gear.
Then select the tab that has a globe on it. I believe it is the second to last on the right.
Then just choose which realm you want and then click the green 'Go To' button and you are transported.

Realms are like identical layers of the game. Everything is just the same and you can still talk to any of your friends. This way everyone doesn't have to be crowded on the same floor at the same time. All other game functions will run as usual. There are some places that you cannot change realms in. You simply back out of whatever cave or instance or dungeon you are in.
Note: If you port out of a dungeon to a healing fountain to heal and get a companion back from their faint, do NOT change realms. It will reset your dungeon and you will have to start all over. This can also be used in your favor. If you are farming a boss in a dungeon, after you beat them, changing realms will reset the dungeon timer and you can go right back in and give them another go.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
I just posted this on another thread so sorry if it appears as a duplicate.
To change realms, move your mouse to the top of your screen and when the menu drops down, select the gear, It's the last on on the right.
Then select 'Options' another gear.
Then select the tab that has a globe on it. I believe it is the second to last on the right.
Then just choose which realm you want and then click the green 'Go To' button and you are transported.

Realms are like identical layers of the game. Everything is just the same and you can still talk to any of your friends. This way everyone doesn't have to be crowded on the same floor at the same time. All other game functions will run as usual. There are some places that you cannot change realms in. You simply back out of whatever cave or instance or dungeon you are in.
Note: If you port out of a dungeon to a healing fountain to heal and get a companion back from their faint, do NOT change realms. It will reset your dungeon and you will have to start all over. This can also be used in your favor. If you are farming a boss in a dungeon, after you beat them, changing realms will reset the dungeon timer and you can go right back in and give them another go.
Alright thx I love all the names I always change to the crowded one lol for extra help

Lieutenant
May 08, 2010
127
Mark Laveer on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
I recently decided to go back to the old Temple of Gloom to take a look at the new Crokogator enemies and take on Fin Dorsal once again, just for nostalgia. When I went to the Throne Room, suddenly a whole "army" of players stepped to the sigil and filled it, three more people interrupting my sigil countdown every attempt! I just couldn't keep myself together having so many players interrupting me. But luckily, they finally left me in peace. So I went in on my own and continued my confrontation.

Have you ever seen a situation like this? Please ask.
This can get annoying from the people who solo everything ( like me) what I do is go to a perfect realm XD

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
10
You may want to think of dorsal as something else. In wizard101, there is the kraken that free players fight over and over again. Think of dorsal to the kraken's equal.

Captain
May 13, 2011
564
Miranda Dreamsong on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
You may want to think of dorsal as something else. In wizard101, there is the kraken that free players fight over and over again. Think of dorsal to the kraken's equal.
i forgot about the kraken. you are right though. the kraken is always busy fighting bored/looting people. i always have to wait when i get the quest to beat him

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
234
I go all the way to the Vadima realm now to farm Fin, but if that doesn't work, I farm Old Scratch instead. I really want that new hat loot drop they put on Scratch. And ever since the new update involving Advanced Companions, I give them assignments to farm loot!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
Miranda Dreamsong on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
You may want to think of dorsal as something else. In wizard101, there is the kraken that free players fight over and over again. Think of dorsal to the kraken's equal.
I second that! The Kraken is always overcrowded and I really think that there should be a sigil for that. Ugh. People just stand around there and take the person who actually needs to battle the Kraken's spot, and no matter what Realm you go into it is always crowded.

I have noticed that Fin is incredibly popular. It must be his cheerful and friendly attitude!

Ensign
Aug 06, 2013
2
well I try to get rid of them by helping them complete quests buccaneers forever