For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Renegade Dreadnaught?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
15
I've recently gotten back into playing Pirate101 and have learned about this Renegade Dreadnaught thing. My understanding is that 1) it's only available at certain times, 2) you have to beat several scouts for it to appear, 3) regardless of how many pirates take down the Dreadnaught in the Skyway, only four can enter the subsequent dungeon.

I usually only see one scout at a time. Once I defeat it, it takes ten or more minutes for the next one to spawn in. This is in the Avery Realm, in other realms it is even harder to find scouts and takes much longer for them to spawn in. Is this normal? It's very frustrating!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2082
fairyfiend822 on Jan 20, 2019 wrote:
I've recently gotten back into playing Pirate101 and have learned about this Renegade Dreadnaught thing. My understanding is that 1) it's only available at certain times, 2) you have to beat several scouts for it to appear, 3) regardless of how many pirates take down the Dreadnaught in the Skyway, only four can enter the subsequent dungeon.

I usually only see one scout at a time. Once I defeat it, it takes ten or more minutes for the next one to spawn in. This is in the Avery Realm, in other realms it is even harder to find scouts and takes much longer for them to spawn in. Is this normal? It's very frustrating!
It's very frustrating, I agree - which is why I completely ignore the Dreadnaught for doing other things.


Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
918
fairyfiend822 on Jan 20, 2019 wrote:
I've recently gotten back into playing Pirate101 and have learned about this Renegade Dreadnaught thing. My understanding is that 1) it's only available at certain times, 2) you have to beat several scouts for it to appear, 3) regardless of how many pirates take down the Dreadnaught in the Skyway, only four can enter the subsequent dungeon.

I usually only see one scout at a time. Once I defeat it, it takes ten or more minutes for the next one to spawn in. This is in the Avery Realm, in other realms it is even harder to find scouts and takes much longer for them to spawn in. Is this normal? It's very frustrating!
The Renegade Dreadnaught was added in 2015. If I remember correctly it appears once every hour. Yes, the Scouts are a warning, yes, it's meant to be taken down by multiple people, but no, to my knowledge, it can be accessed by more then four people, just in pairs of four at a time. A different Area is created if there is more than four people at a time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10611
Lookit Light on Jan 22, 2019 wrote:
The Renegade Dreadnaught was added in 2015. If I remember correctly it appears once every hour. Yes, the Scouts are a warning, yes, it's meant to be taken down by multiple people, but no, to my knowledge, it can be accessed by more then four people, just in pairs of four at a time. A different Area is created if there is more than four people at a time.
It appeared after the inclusion of Valencia2 ( 2016 ) in fact, I believe it was during our 5th year celebrations that the Dreadnought was added.
You need to defeat scout ships to get the Dreadnought to appear; then you must attack the Dreadnought to open it.
4 players only, if you go after those, you're out of luck.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
24
Also since you can't cabin glitch dread anymore (At least I can't anymore) it even gets more frustrating since it's even harder now to get the gear you need.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10611
HopefulXavierKent on Jan 26, 2019 wrote:
Also since you can't cabin glitch dread anymore (At least I can't anymore) it even gets more frustrating since it's even harder now to get the gear you need.
I'm glad KI shut that glitch down, it was one of the major reasons that OTHER players couldn't get into Dreadnought, because of players selfishly hogging this dungeon! ( Or camping out on the Dread's docks! )