Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Plot holes. Many, many plot holes.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 28, 2015
While doing "Her Majesty's Secret Service" on my Witchdoctor, I noticed quite a few potential plot holes for if I did it on my buccaneer (which is maxed, and has finished all of Aquila). Such as, talking to Catbeard on The Cat's Paw, I have him as a companion so, how would that work? Defeating Rooke in a single shot? Well excuse me, but I have already defeated him. And Deacon showing up at the end? Uhh, did you get rebuilt there Mr. Deacon?

Petty Officer
Jun 19, 2014
your right, this is a weak plot, you did a good job noticing these though.

Dark Ryan Ashburn

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheBananaBro on Mar 16, 2016 wrote:
While doing "Her Majesty's Secret Service" on my Witchdoctor, I noticed quite a few potential plot holes for if I did it on my buccaneer (which is maxed, and has finished all of Aquila). Such as, talking to Catbeard on The Cat's Paw, I have him as a companion so, how would that work? Defeating Rooke in a single shot? Well excuse me, but I have already defeated him. And Deacon showing up at the end? Uhh, did you get rebuilt there Mr. Deacon?
It's not a plot hole, you waited too long to do those necessary promotions - everyone else does them when they're supposed to.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
This is why I think promotion quests should occur by the story, not by level.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on May 2, 2016 wrote:
This is why I think promotion quests should occur by the story, not by level.
That would end some players confusion; but what about the players who are ignoring the main quest companions? If they're not leveling these companions and only wait until end of chapters, then why should they get a story promo for a companion who's not ready for it?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It just goes to show that no matter how carefully the designers and programmers build the game, there are always some players who will not follow the anticipated plan. Why don't they promoted their companions as soon as they can?

They've got to expect the unexpected, plan for those who will ignore all signposts, and add warning labels about coffee being hot.

Each character has their own timeline, so if you defeat an enemy with your Buccaneer, of course they will return for your Witchdoctor to defeat them again. Every single character gets Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard and Catbeard, so yes - they return to the start for the next game.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Yeah, you really should've done that promo immediately. Those of us who did the quest before marleybone came around had no problem with consistency. Just pretend like you hadn't done those things. Yeah?

~ Hank

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
TheBananaBro on Mar 16, 2016 wrote:
This has been brought up before, I forget where. I think Blind Mew admitted it was a mistake they made back in the day and said that it won't happen in the future.