Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hey... do you think Sammy is...?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
If I'm right, by recalling my memories from the two quests, "A Fishy Business", & "That's a Spicy Rat Haul", respectively, Norville mentioned Sammy after defeating Beemish when he said " I don't know who this 'Sammy' was these villains were working for, and I hope to never meet him.", & encountering Sammy Davies in Blood Shoals, could he be the one and the same Sammy Davies from the Rat Pack that sent Beemish to take Norville's payment to the Frogfather? If it's so, I knew it! I had a bit of a gut instinct that he would be the same Sammy Davies Norville mentioned.

My guess is that after we defeated Beemish, Sammy got very mad at him for fowling up the Rat Pack's job of stealing the Frogfather's upkeep to Jonah Town, & once they heard we got the spices from the Presidio, they resorted to more drastic measures to get what they've been wanting for a very long time.

This leads to this little dialogue polish request I kind of had in my mind for encountering Sammy Davies in Blood Shoals' Wretched Hovel before going into combat during the quest, "That's a Spicy Rat Haul", to better correlate with our victory over Beemish & his failure of doing his job with the Rat Pack. Thought I may as well get that out now, & I shall.

KI, add in dialogue to Sammy Davies before going into combat in Blood Shoal's Wretched Hovel during the quest, "That's a Spicy Rat Haul". I hope they may do this request of mine someday, once they read & hear this.

Pirates, what do you think?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
If I'm right, by recalling my memories from the two quests, "A Fishy Business", & "That's a Spicy Rat Haul", respectively, Norville mentioned Sammy after defeating Beemish when he said " I don't know who this 'Sammy' was these villains were working for, and I hope to never meet him.", & encountering Sammy Davies in Blood Shoals, could he be the one and the same Sammy Davies from the Rat Pack that sent Beemish to take Norville's payment to the Frogfather? If it's so, I knew it! I had a bit of a gut instinct that he would be the same Sammy Davies Norville mentioned.

My guess is that after we defeated Beemish, Sammy got very mad at him for fowling up the Rat Pack's job of stealing the Frogfather's upkeep to Jonah Town, & once they heard we got the spices from the Presidio, they resorted to more drastic measures to get what they've been wanting for a very long time.

This leads to this little dialogue polish request I kind of had in my mind for encountering Sammy Davies in Blood Shoals' Wretched Hovel before going into combat during the quest, "That's a Spicy Rat Haul", to better correlate with our victory over Beemish & his failure of doing his job with the Rat Pack. Thought I may as well get that out now, & I shall.

KI, add in dialogue to Sammy Davies before going into combat in Blood Shoal's Wretched Hovel during the quest, "That's a Spicy Rat Haul". I hope they may do this request of mine someday, once they read & hear this.

Pirates, what do you think?
I don't think it's necessary to the story, the Pack already had a reason to stomp on us and additional dialogue isn't needed to make that clear.
Beemish returns ( WARNING SPOILER ) in Port Regal where he and his gang encounter us in a sewer. There his dialogue shows he remembers us and has a personal motive to stop us.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
I don't think it's necessary to the story, the Pack already had a reason to stomp on us and additional dialogue isn't needed to make that clear.
Beemish returns ( WARNING SPOILER ) in Port Regal where he and his gang encounter us in a sewer. There his dialogue shows he remembers us and has a personal motive to stop us.
Back before some bosses that hadn't any dialogue lines before going into combat, like the Evil Spirit in Cooper's Roost & Frido Banditoad in Upper Arroyo Grande in Cool Ranch, some thought that adding dialogue to them wasn't necessary, while others thought they should have dialogue added, because, previously, the encounters with them felt less vocal. Later, these bosses had dialogue, & it made past encounters with them a bit more vocal, & I liked how they did that. That was inspired by some player feedback some sent before about during beta & post-launch.

I don't see no reason why KI shouldn't add dialogue to Sammy Davies in Blood Shoals. They've added dialogue to past bosses that didn't had any dialogue before, & they may do so again someday.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I have to agree with trimond, it just makes the game more fun and make the spiral seem so much more real

But what if he was referring to sammy jones in the the claw gang

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 13, 2016 wrote:
I have to agree with trimond, it just makes the game more fun and make the spiral seem so much more real

But what if he was referring to sammy jones in the the claw gang
It's about Sammy Davies from the Rat Pack, not Sammy Jones in the Red Claw Gang.

Thanks, though, about complimenting the idea with Sammy having dialogue before combat.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:
It's about Sammy Davies from the Rat Pack, not Sammy Jones in the Red Claw Gang.

Thanks, though, about complimenting the idea with Sammy having dialogue before combat.
Your creativity is always welcome to it, i personally think idea would make a great side quest your idea is what they were made for