Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Extra long?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I've played Pirate101 for, I think, 10 hours now, and I'm not even finished with Skull Island! I'm level 10, and in the Tradewinds Skyway. I think I would be almost in Marleybone by now in Wizard101! Was Pirate101 intended to be a lot longer?

Ensign
Dec 11, 2008
i sure hope so, me and a friend started playing at like 11 and didnt stop till 7 we both just hit lvl 8 and did so much, i am loving it.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2010
You say if you were playing Wiz you would already gotten to Marleybone after only 10 hrs? Have you played Wiz? it took me & my friends a cpl weeks just to finish Kropatopia & most of us played about 10 hrs a day.

Ensign
Sep 21, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
I've played Pirate101 for, I think, 10 hours now, and I'm not even finished with Skull Island! I'm level 10, and in the Tradewinds Skyway. I think I would be almost in Marleybone by now in Wizard101! Was Pirate101 intended to be a lot longer?
pirate101 isnt really that long at all. you just recieve less exp then you did on wiz, so it feels allot longer

Ensign
Jul 07, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
are you sure its ten hours? because i beat it in like four or five days but i want it too be long so i can play more!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Ten hours isn't near long enough to finish Skull Island. When you start traveling to other areas, you'll find you have to go back to Skull Island and do other quests.

Some areas/worlds are shorter, some are much much longer. I know Cool Ranch is very very long. There is NO WAY you would every be able to do it in 10 hours .... LOL

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
Ten hours isn't near long enough to finish Skull Island. When you start traveling to other areas, you'll find you have to go back to Skull Island and do other quests.

Some areas/worlds are shorter, some are much much longer. I know Cool Ranch is very very long. There is NO WAY you would every be able to do it in 10 hours .... LOL
Hi QueQueg,

Oh yes, some areas are so very long. At least now there is a way to get from SI back to your last location. I am so glad KI took the beta suggestion to find some type of shortcut. It used to take forever, remember?

See you in the skies!

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
okiewonder on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
You say if you were playing Wiz you would already gotten to Marleybone after only 10 hrs? Have you played Wiz? it took me & my friends a cpl weeks just to finish Kropatopia & most of us played about 10 hrs a day.
i played for 2 years on wiz and i didn't complete krokatopia or grizzleheim yet and i am lvl 30 on wiz

Ensign
Mar 14, 2011
how much time you played every day?
in wizzy i am level 46 and i played only 2 months

Alex Blake level 9

Ensign
Jul 27, 2009
I beat it in about three days playing about 7 hours a day around that maybe more maybe less i got to new world at 12:03 last night

Ensign
Apr 30, 2009
The quests are long -- and even longer when playing with other pirates & esp. when players join when you're almost done. It would AWESOME if you could kick other pirates from your fight to avoid those do this and for obvious trolls.

Ensign
Apr 30, 2009
... and by trolls, I just mean players who will continually join a fight, when originally asked nicely not to -- sometimes out of spite -- which lengthens the fight. It is especially frustrating when someone joins only to go AFK. It creates a burden for the original initiate trying to achieve those quest items, sometimes risking the health of the pirate or companions to pick up the slack from the other player who is doing nothing. The other choice is not as beneficial - Fleeing punishes the original player, who was after the quest item, with one hit life and a long trek back to the area to start a new fight (maybe on a different) to avoid the nuisance player and risk the same possible issues with other players who maybe similarly as inconsiderate. Perhaps, this is just the normal situation with many players and too few quest items?

Community Leader
mollyann812000 on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
... and by trolls, I just mean players who will continually join a fight, when originally asked nicely not to -- sometimes out of spite -- which lengthens the fight. It is especially frustrating when someone joins only to go AFK. It creates a burden for the original initiate trying to achieve those quest items, sometimes risking the health of the pirate or companions to pick up the slack from the other player who is doing nothing. The other choice is not as beneficial - Fleeing punishes the original player, who was after the quest item, with one hit life and a long trek back to the area to start a new fight (maybe on a different) to avoid the nuisance player and risk the same possible issues with other players who maybe similarly as inconsiderate. Perhaps, this is just the normal situation with many players and too few quest items?
There can only be up to 4 pirates in a fight, and when its finished everyone gets the rewards.
The more pirates in the battle, the more bad guys, the more treasure chests afterwards, and the more rewards.. that everyone in the battle gets. You NEVER die or lose out unless EVERYONE in the battle is defeated, otherwise you get your share of the loot no matter what. When your "bobblehead" your technically 1 health, not dead, you get rewards for staying there when the battle is finally completed.

I understand somes frustration over people joining battles, but I really dont think everyone thinks the whole thing through, just sees the disadvantage side of things.

Length of time things takes, well, solo is generally the fastest way through this game. The only quests that this is an exception to are usually collection quests, where its better to have one or two long multiplayer battles, than a dozen solo battles.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV