Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ch'ok Ak'ab is Broken

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 02, 2016
I spent 3 hours on this one fight for nothing! All my dubloons my max level friend gave me are gone! I did everything I could to defeat this boss. I beat all his goons and then my entire crew ganged up on the boss. It was a 4v1! How can there be a boss in the game that is unkillable for the level of pirate it is suited for? I even landed a 10% 1000 damage dubloon on the boss and it didn't even do the damage it said it would do to the boss. LIKE WHAT! How much resistance does this boss have? He keeps healing all the damage me and my companions do. I had a bunch of dubloons to keep healing myself and had no problem surviving until I ran out. Once I ran out, my companions all died and then I died. This boss needs to be nerfed. Lower his resist and remove his cheat and then maybe skilled players that don't have to rely on max levels to help them can solo this boss.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Nextgenpowerblast on Oct 1, 2019 wrote:
I spent 3 hours on this one fight for nothing! All my dubloons my max level friend gave me are gone! I did everything I could to defeat this boss. I beat all his goons and then my entire crew ganged up on the boss. It was a 4v1! How can there be a boss in the game that is unkillable for the level of pirate it is suited for? I even landed a 10% 1000 damage dubloon on the boss and it didn't even do the damage it said it would do to the boss. LIKE WHAT! How much resistance does this boss have? He keeps healing all the damage me and my companions do. I had a bunch of dubloons to keep healing myself and had no problem surviving until I ran out. Once I ran out, my companions all died and then I died. This boss needs to be nerfed. Lower his resist and remove his cheat and then maybe skilled players that don't have to rely on max levels to help them can solo this boss.
Look at the top of the battleboard screen. The Victory Conditions of this battle have nothing to do with defeating any of the enemies.

You have to attack the crystal pillar and break it, that's all.

Sorry you did not know that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Maybe you should pay attention to the battle orders that appear at the top of the battle board - the goal of that battle isn't to defeat Ch'ok Ak'Ab, but to destroy the last Crystal Statue.
Using that knowledge instead of trying to bust heads will make any battle easier ( & solo-able ) even for low levels.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2019
You're not supposed to kill him you destroy the crystal. Hope this helps.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
You aren't actually supposed to kill Ch'ok Ak'ab. You have to destroy the crystal, and the spirit in this boss will be vanquished. Did you try this already? Good job on defeating his goons, though. I never managed to kill them all.

Try and destroy the crystal statue and the fight will be over.

Hope this helps!
Fair Taryn Lewis

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I see the solution to you dilemma... You did the fight wrong. You're not supposed to defeat Ch'ok Ak'ab, you're supposed to destroy the last Crystal Statue to break his power. Was there a goal to destroy the Crystal Statue at the top of the screen?

Community Leader
I'm almost certain this is a joke post, but fine, I'll bite. Complete the battle order that's very clearly written out on the top of the screen and hinted at by your companions (destroying the center white statue) to win the fight.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Matthew525011 on Oct 3, 2019 wrote:
I'm almost certain this is a joke post, but fine, I'll bite. Complete the battle order that's very clearly written out on the top of the screen and hinted at by your companions (destroying the center white statue) to win the fight.
This is the same poster who claimed Fin Dorsal was broken. I'm beginning to think you're right about this post ( or he just ignores battle orders ).
Want to bet that when he faces Chumba Wumba, he ignores the hint to attack the idols and just tries to beat Chumba down?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 4, 2019 wrote:
This is the same poster who claimed Fin Dorsal was broken. I'm beginning to think you're right about this post ( or he just ignores battle orders ).
Want to bet that when he faces Chumba Wumba, he ignores the hint to attack the idols and just tries to beat Chumba down?
(Whispers in your ear: chumba wumba is broken.)

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Hmmm, true. I read the post. I'll take that bet.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I wonder if KI watched Nextgenpowerblast videos that led to the decision to implement the FTUD.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Everyone calm down, he/she probably just forgot, they might be just returning. Also everyone (at some point) in P101 thinks to themselves "hmm, why I've been stabbing this guy for an hour and he won't die" just to realize you were supposed to do something first.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Oct 4, 2019 wrote:
I thump on Chumba with my max just for giggles once in a while. Once I get bored, I break the idols.

Why is the first suggestion anyone has when they find a fight to be hard is to nerf it?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Oct 5, 2019 wrote:
I thump on Chumba with my max just for giggles once in a while. Once I get bored, I break the idols.

Why is the first suggestion anyone has when they find a fight to be hard is to nerf it?
Because that would be admitting that they're terrible? I always give a full honest effort before I ask for a nerf - that's why I rarely do ask.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Oct 5, 2019 wrote:
Everyone calm down, he/she probably just forgot, they might be just returning. Also everyone (at some point) in P101 thinks to themselves "hmm, why I've been stabbing this guy for an hour and he won't die" just to realize you were supposed to do something first.
What? Did you try to kill General Tso?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Lookit Light on Oct 4, 2019 wrote:
(Whispers in your ear: chumba wumba is broken.)

Heheheheh

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 7, 2019 wrote:
What? Did you try to kill General Tso?
I didn't try to kill General Tso, I learned this mistake early in the game. What I'm saying is that I would honestly bet money that any long time player has made this mistake at some point in the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Oct 16, 2019 wrote:
I didn't try to kill General Tso, I learned this mistake early in the game. What I'm saying is that I would honestly bet money that any long time player has made this mistake at some point in the game.
I can honestly say that this has never happened to me. I look at battle orders, especially for new ones.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
I was shocked when Chumba Wumba came back but I heard Ratbeard loud and clear now I make sure some of my crew is near the idols.

Ensign
Jan 06, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
adam6001 on Jan 16, 2020 wrote:
i got a dinolizard pet from ch'ok ak'ab
Congratulations! Ch'ok Ak'Ab is the only boss who drops that pet.