Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The script writers are brilliant!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
So, I'm up to battling General Tso (which is a very tough dungeon, but that's a different story) and I suddenly realized something.

Yeah, General Tso has given his men rifles.

And we delivered a load of cargo to the dock master, earlier, from Captain Reynolds...

And Captain Reynolds had earlier traded medical supplies for rifles...

OH MY GOSH!!! We delivered the rifles to General Tso without realizing it!!!!

The script writers are brilliant!!

Developer
Yeah, that one was fun to set up. We've always played with the idea that even at your most heroic, the pirate still isn't a "chosen one" true hero like in Wizard - sometimes you contribute a little to the chaos, and when you leave a place it's not necessarily in better shape than when you found it.

Unlike the Valencia/Marleybone war, we didn't shine a light on this one. I was curious how many people would catch it - kudos!

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Max DeGroot on Oct 16, 2013 wrote:
So, I'm up to battling General Tso (which is a very tough dungeon, but that's a different story) and I suddenly realized something.

Yeah, General Tso has given his men rifles.

And we delivered a load of cargo to the dock master, earlier, from Captain Reynolds...

And Captain Reynolds had earlier traded medical supplies for rifles...

OH MY GOSH!!! We delivered the rifles to General Tso without realizing it!!!!

The script writers are brilliant!!
Aye, I was quite annoyed when I realized that I armed my enemy.

That is the first no-no of the Art of War.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Interesting twist... but I thought since the Armada were clearly allies of General Tso (and are indeed present in force on his island fortress) they would have delivered weapons and provided training for the use of those weapons to their Mooshuean allies (if I recall correctly, Subodai expresses this very point).

But yes, arming your enemy -- definitely a no no, and certainly highly ironic!