Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

succulent Tso's chicken? Impossible right now.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 04, 2011
I can find all kinds of strategy tips for the Tower, but nobody gives any for threatening the chicken. I'm stuck. No more quests, and have tried the chicken threat 4 times. Just too many of opponents and I've wasted dabloons, etc. Anyone want to give tips that can help? Any way to find more quests till I'm stronger? lvl 49 musketeer.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Doja2727 on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
I can find all kinds of strategy tips for the Tower, but nobody gives any for threatening the chicken. I'm stuck. No more quests, and have tried the chicken threat 4 times. Just too many of opponents and I've wasted dabloons, etc. Anyone want to give tips that can help? Any way to find more quests till I'm stronger? lvl 49 musketeer.
As I recall my musketeer had only a few problems with this battle, the fact is: you must go into that room to threaten the chicken, so hitting from a distance won't help you there. Go with you're toughest highest level buck and swash companions. Ratbeard is great here. Be prepared to lose a few companions, I usually lost my chosen in this fight and I was down to my last health before I won.
Side quests to increase your level and your companions level is also good, check previous areas to see if you missed some; unfortunately, P101 doesn't have a quest finder, yet. Also, how are you equipped? Can you find better equipment in the bazaar?

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
I'll help you out. I DISPISED that final battle, just give me a time and I'll see if I can make it. I'm on US East Coast time.

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65

Marcus Davenport, lvl 25

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hold back and buff up so that they come to you. That way they clear some squares so you can move into the room quicker. Then get your guys to a guard by the chicken and take one or two out. If you take out just one, most times another will move right into his spot so if you have two going down it will give you the chance to step into that guard's spot. Once you get to a square beside the chicken the fight is over.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is one hard boss to solo,when i was a buccaneer general tso defeated nearly half of my companions. Took about 4 tires to threathen the chicken, it takes alot of determination to beat this boss. Just don't aim Tso himself.Have two of your team distract the minons and the other two to go the chicken room. That's two hints that works for me.Soloing with this boss is really a challenge,try buying a henchmen if that helps or ask a willing player for help.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
I have to agree that that is a really hard boss. When I did the boss, it was so annoying to move into area to signal the fight was over. Mainly, because whenever I cleared up a spot, someone would move to that spot, namely the enemy....and my pet...

I would make sure you use tanky companions for this battle, as well as some hard hitters. Use the tanks (buccaneers) to take some attacks from the minions and Tso, while using the units with high attack to go for the guards around the chicken.

Ensign
Nov 04, 2011
Hi Folks! Thanks for the tips! This message is for Wanted468 (Quentin and Marcus Davenport). Can't figure out how to reply to you personally/singularly, so hope you see this. Thank you much for your offer. You are 2 hours ahead of me in Arizona, so right now it's 1:48pm for me, 3:48pm for you. I will be at Tso's entrance at 3:10pm my time/ 5:10pm your time and again at 7:30pm/9:30 pm today and tomorrow. Then, we could friend each other and decide to go then, or later, or I could call you to port when I'm at the actual Tso sanctuary. Whatever works best for you.

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
Doja2727 on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
Hi Folks! Thanks for the tips! This message is for Wanted468 (Quentin and Marcus Davenport). Can't figure out how to reply to you personally/singularly, so hope you see this. Thank you much for your offer. You are 2 hours ahead of me in Arizona, so right now it's 1:48pm for me, 3:48pm for you. I will be at Tso's entrance at 3:10pm my time/ 5:10pm your time and again at 7:30pm/9:30 pm today and tomorrow. Then, we could friend each other and decide to go then, or later, or I could call you to port when I'm at the actual Tso sanctuary. Whatever works best for you.
Alright, I'll try to be there tomorrow at 7:30 pm my time.

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65

Marcus Davenport, lvl 25

Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
I remember losing all of my companions in this battle, and I was also teamed up with someone! I suggest you get high level companions with high health (they need to be able to take a lot of hits) and just bombard one of the chicken guards, preferably the one with the lowest health. As soon as that guard dies, move in a companion to the square he was in.

"Checkmate."-Bishop

Also, ignore the other guards. Level up companions. Get new items in the bazaar with bonuses of Agility, Dodge, and Health for your pirate. Be sure you have all the talents and powers from Ol' Fish Eyes. Good luck!

Perilous Zoe Nightingale, 57

Ensign
Feb 20, 2015
i do agree that khotan is hard to do i failed like a dozen times (really) and i desided yo do some promoting and leveling up and i finaly did it at level 50 i did every single side quest i have unlocked and ihave bad luck at collecting so i did battles a lot
lvl55 reed

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
If your doing General Tso I need help too let's do it together. I have been thru solo 4 times but your right he's tough now If you want to try together let me know.

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
Never mind I didn't see the date of your post . I'm way late for this one sorry