Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So... Many... side... quests...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
So I got to Mooshu, and I love it. I am almost done, but I am quite shocked at how many side quests there are. Like there are probably over 250 side quests. I am assuming they are because of the people waiting for the Marleybone/Aquila update so they had something to do, but I mean you could gain 5 or 6 levels by doing all those! Any tips on which ones are best to do (since I cannot do all of them) would be great.

Witty Gavin Bristol-level 49

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Witty Gavin on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
So I got to Mooshu, and I love it. I am almost done, but I am quite shocked at how many side quests there are. Like there are probably over 250 side quests. I am assuming they are because of the people waiting for the Marleybone/Aquila update so they had something to do, but I mean you could gain 5 or 6 levels by doing all those! Any tips on which ones are best to do (since I cannot do all of them) would be great.

Witty Gavin Bristol-level 49
Sure you could do them all. I did, on all my pirates, even after the Marleybone updates.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
The largest xp boost (2025) side quest I've seen is Tribute Band given by Genjo Isayama in Sujimura Village so definitely take that one. If you don't do any side quests at all you'll finish the main storyline quests at Level 63 and will have to do some to max.

I recommend only doing enough to max when you complete the main storyline quests and then go back and complete the rest if you want too. On my first pirate, I did all the side quests when in the area and ended up maxing mid-Marleybone. I had to spend forever farming gold to max all of my companions, many which came from the side quests. Where as, had I maxed and then completed those side companion quests, they would be 1-3 levels ahead of 65. Another bonus, if you decide to max your companions, all the training tomes you receive from completing side quests will accumulate for the next big update. My Witchdoctor has over 90 training tomes because of this and I expect my Buccaneer and Musketeer will have even more because I didn't turn in the class trainer quests.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
That is a good strategy Victor, although for me -personally- I like to do the side quests of a world while in that Book, as the side quests enhance and deepen the appreciation and understanding of the world's culture and what is happening within it.

Mooshu has so many splendid side quests that I would be sorry to leave any of them out. They range from the quiet & gentle (picking flowers and meditatively offering them at a shrine in an act of contrition -- and believe me, my character yearned to seek forgiveness after being tricked into doing a wicked act), the comic (the haiku quest and the 'Rooster of Doom' come quickly to mind - hilarious!), the simply beautiful (a very brief example was a quest to catch fish - the fish were so pretty!), the thoughtful (such as the interaction between a benevolent governor and his faithful subjects), the reflective (Ju Hao, the reformed bandit, for instance), the dramatic (Shiruku's quest comes to mind, but there are many others), and even epic conflicts!

If you must pick and choose, however, I would strongly recommend you pick up the seemingly simple sidequest from chef Motomori in Subata. An innocent favor turns into an ambush, assassination attempts, deception, kidnappings, and ending in a truly epic battle! Indeed, my first time playing through I was astonished at the strength and complexity of the storyline, thinking 'this is a sidequest!?' There are many terrific stories scattered through the game; my recommendation is to take time to enjoy them.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
At least your pirate can now pass level 50 since Marylebone and Aquila is added as playable worlds.Maybe Krokotopia and Polaris in the next update.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Doing sidequests in MooShu comes with rewards :P

Savior of MooShu badge - Celestial Dragon pet
MooShu Mystic badge - Imperial Lion pet