Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sinking Amber Horde Ships in Subata Skyway

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
Hello, I have to sink Amber Horde ships in Subata Skyway. Would anyone please tell me what they recommend for solo broadside combat? I would like to ask for MooShu ships and not Royal Navy ones, since my nautical level is a bit low for my main level. Also, I would like to also ask a side question. What would be an easy/sort of easy way to raise your nautical levels/experience fast? I don't have many friends online, so I think you can count out teaming with other players on high level ships.

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 44

Community Leader
Dominooooo on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
Hello, I have to sink Amber Horde ships in Subata Skyway. Would anyone please tell me what they recommend for solo broadside combat? I would like to ask for MooShu ships and not Royal Navy ones, since my nautical level is a bit low for my main level. Also, I would like to also ask a side question. What would be an easy/sort of easy way to raise your nautical levels/experience fast? I don't have many friends online, so I think you can count out teaming with other players on high level ships.

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 44
You can always go to the area with ships that are about the same level as your nautical level and fight those. If you're in Moo Shu, you already have a Moo Shu ship, most likely with the most basic equipment you can get from the vendors. While that makes it tough to ship battle in Moo Shu, it makes all the previous areas easier. Go to one of them, find the highest level ship you can fight without having too much downtime in between, and go to town. Also, there is more likely to be other players in lower level areas, depending on the time of day. Think back to what areas in Cool Ranch and Port Royal required the most ship battles and hang out there. Hopefully another player who has a quest for that spot will come along and join you!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Along with hanging out around where those required ship battles happen, switch to a more crowded Realm where more pirates are likely to be battling them already and join their fight. (Realms are on the Globe tab in the Options menu.)

Not only will you be gaining Nautical XP, you can help others along the way.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
Talkin The Plank on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
You can always go to the area with ships that are about the same level as your nautical level and fight those. If you're in Moo Shu, you already have a Moo Shu ship, most likely with the most basic equipment you can get from the vendors. While that makes it tough to ship battle in Moo Shu, it makes all the previous areas easier. Go to one of them, find the highest level ship you can fight without having too much downtime in between, and go to town. Also, there is more likely to be other players in lower level areas, depending on the time of day. Think back to what areas in Cool Ranch and Port Royal required the most ship battles and hang out there. Hopefully another player who has a quest for that spot will come along and join you!
I don't really have items for my MooShu Skiff, since I now have a MooShu Frigate instead and they use pretty much the same nautical levels. When I arrived in MooShu, I was nautical level 24, so I couldn't buy items from the vendor in Hamamitsu Garden. Instead, I used something else that came from a drop that was level 24+. For some reason, I always find the answer after I post for help on the forums, so nevermind about anything :P

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Best ship to use for soloing would obviously be the mooshu galleon, location in Subata Temple. (unless you change your mind about the royal navy ships?)

Dead-eye Luke, Level 50

Ensign
Nov 30, 2012
level 48 navy heavy galleon is the best for 1 vs 1 ship combat without boarding fights.

1 point to note though: you need to be level 44 at nautical before being able to buy the ship parts.