Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I can't touch the chicken!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
I'm in the Khotan dungeon at the last battle. Everytime I kill an enemy, another one just comes to protect it. And General Tso's minions always get to me and I have to restart the whole dungeon. What do I do?

Ensign
Jan 08, 2012
get inside the hut and focus all attacks on one enemy protecting the chicken he will not respawn at least he did not for me and stand in that square and you win that should work at least it worked for me

Ensign
Sep 15, 2009
I have the problem too, but it is in a different way. Unlike the first battle (which I failed on) 5 enemies surround the chicken (all 5 squares next to the chicken because there is a wall). There is a total of 7 to 8 enemies possible actually. I defeated an enemy on the bottom left corner protecting the chicken and I tried reaching the chicken. The problem is that I tried to strike the chicken from where the enemy I defeated was, except that my character can't strike. There were no immobilized or other effects on me. I didn't try using my companions since most of my companions were dead before it reached the chicken. Did anyone have the enemies surrounding the chicken thing and know how to defeat the chicken? I want to know so I don't have to go through the dungeon again.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Once you find an opening by defeating one of the warriors protecting the chicken, you just move yourself or a companion to the open square next to the chicken

Ensign
Sep 15, 2009
If you paid attention:
I defeated an enemy on the bottom left corner protecting the chicken and I tried reaching the chicken. The problem is that I tried to strike the chicken from where the enemy I defeated was, except that my character can't strike. There were no immobilized or other effects on me.
What I wonder is about the corner.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Move yourself and your companions into position and focus all of your attacks on the weakest unit protecting the chicken. Once that space opens up take the spot and the boss gives up.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
This is by far one of the easiest dungeons in the game Spoiler Alert If you are a swashbuckler just hide and use the rest of your crew to draw away the boss and others then move in close to chicken use an AoE spell or gun spell that does damage to the guy close to chicken and the chicken itself and you will get the dialogue "Please dont harm my chicken" and you win. Sorry to spoil your hard earned fun guys but that was too easy. Go Swashbuckler abilties AoE= area of effect.. Sorry this is wrong you still have to beat one of the mobs next to the chicken it doesnt matter which but once one space is open you dont have to be in the square you just have to be able to damage the area next to the chicken i used my ability dance of steel which would have put me in the open square if not for ratbeards dialogue (give up or the chicken gets it) WIN!!

Ensign
Sep 15, 2009
@kaladrir I tried using a sword and it worked (my class is a Witchdoctor). I use swords on normal enemies almost every time, but this is like my first time using it on bosses and it actually worked!

Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
AtomBomb12321 on Nov 23, 2012 wrote:
If you paid attention:
I defeated an enemy on the bottom left corner protecting the chicken and I tried reaching the chicken. The problem is that I tried to strike the chicken from where the enemy I defeated was, except that my character can't strike. There were no immobilized or other effects on me.
What I wonder is about the corner.
you don't click chicken to attack it you just move next to it to make it surrender

Ensign
Nov 30, 2012
After reading all the comments, I went for this mission too.

I made all my companions go wide in different directions while my main went straight for the narrow passageway. It looked like two spikes or something. Then I made my companions go straight for the 5 dudes protecting the chicken.

What the rest were talking about, the lower left corner was the weakest bodyguard among the 5 protecting the chicken. Move your mouse over all the 5 bodyguards and u will see that it has the lowest hitpoints.

Just hammer at it until it dies. I guess I was lucky coz I'm privateer and I have 6 healing spells. When the weakest bodyguard dies, move into the space & ratbeard would threaten General Tso to surrender or the chicken gets hammered.

General Tso would surrender. It can be pretty tough when u see all your companions die. Good luck everyone and have fun.

Community Leader
This may not be the complication, but it seems from reading these comments that some pirates are trying to target the chicken once the guard is cleared/defeated.

Unfortunately you do not attack the chicken at all, that is not the goal of the battle.
You must get a pirate/companion into that open square that the guard was in, right next to the chicken.

Once you get a character right next to (adjacent) to the chicken, the general or whatever gives up, because he doesnt want you to hurt that defenseless creature.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jun 14, 2012
I have already finished the quest and found that even with only two companions it was easy, I put my subodai in one corner outside of the inner chamber and put my el toro in the other corner outside of the chamber. Than it was easy for me to go invisible or 'walk in shadows/darkness' and use my assassin's gloom to poison the bottom left corner than use my assassin's strike to lower it's health than i just stepped back and let the poison do it's job.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2009
Hi I moved in then focused on first guard in front of the chicken.. when I finally defeated this guard I used my bombs A.O.E. which for a muskateer has a spread across the whole area , the rest of the guards and the chicken, immediately after i executed this attack the quest is done, surrrender is the only answer .the key here is to be able to threaten the chicken any way possible, once this is accomplished the quest is won.

Community Leader
I found the "Threaten the Chicken" goal frustratingly vague. It took me several failed attempts to learn that:

1. I couldn't target Tso's chicken directly with a ranged attack.

2. Catching the chicken in an AOE's blast radius does not count as threatening it either.

When I think "threaten" I think of damaging something, not grabbing it. I would like to see the goal clarified, perhaps by making the chicken an Interactable object that can only be used from an adjoining square, or by adding a tooltip suggestion from a crewmate to grab the chicken or hold it hostage.

An alternate suggestion would be for KI could add a tutorial quest early in the game demonstrating how a "capture the flag" goal works.

In a way, this reminds me somewhat of Bonnie Anne's second promotion quest; in both cases you win by moving one of your units onto a specific square on the board.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio