Hamakala's Difficulty

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
29
I can't be the only one that thinks Hamakala Temple is way too hard, and it's all because of that stupid Ebon Guardian. Whenever you damage it, it summons more enemies. I was so close to beating it on my third try with about a little bit of health left going against one of the Helephants. Then, it killed me. I got so mad because of it. I don't think going solo on it works. Any suggestions?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
genericpirate786 on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
I can't be the only one that thinks Hamakala Temple is way too hard, and it's all because of that stupid Ebon Guardian. Whenever you damage it, it summons more enemies. I was so close to beating it on my third try with about a little bit of health left going against one of the Helephants. Then, it killed me. I got so mad because of it. I don't think going solo on it works. Any suggestions?
It is summoning because it is another round, not from damage. My suggestion is to take it out first. As that is your biggest threat.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
29
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
It is summoning because it is another round, not from damage. My suggestion is to take it out first. As that is your biggest threat.
Actually, I tried it before, yet enemies were still summoned. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
genericpirate786 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
Actually, I tried it before, yet enemies were still summoned. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.
Hmm, It's been a while since I have fought that one. I'll have to re do it and see what I remember.

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
103
Here's my suggestion.

When starting the battle, get rid of the minions first before hitting the Ebon Guardian. That will get rid of most of the problem. After that, attack the Ebon Guardian enough so that a set of enemies appear, but don't deal too much damage that could cause more enemies than you can handle. Defeat all of the summoned enemies as soon as they appear, then aim for the Ebon Guardian. Rinse and repeat until it dies. Ranged companions or companions with great dodge and Riposte would do generally well here since the enemies you fight here have mostly Melee based talents. A good set might be El Toro, Bonnie Anne, and Monkey King. El Toro has a tremendously helpful buff at his second tier, and Bonnie's Scatter Blast is very helpful when you need an enemy to dodge less. Make sure El Toro and Monkey King are fairly leveled and have maximized accuracy and dodge. Bonnie's Overwatch is also helpful in this situation, and make sure she has maximized accuracy as well.

So don't save your big hits on the boss. Save them on the minions instead. If you tried this already and failed, then keep on trying. Cao Tzu is waiting for you.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
29
The Admiral on May 2, 2014 wrote:
Here's my suggestion.

When starting the battle, get rid of the minions first before hitting the Ebon Guardian. That will get rid of most of the problem. After that, attack the Ebon Guardian enough so that a set of enemies appear, but don't deal too much damage that could cause more enemies than you can handle. Defeat all of the summoned enemies as soon as they appear, then aim for the Ebon Guardian. Rinse and repeat until it dies. Ranged companions or companions with great dodge and Riposte would do generally well here since the enemies you fight here have mostly Melee based talents. A good set might be El Toro, Bonnie Anne, and Monkey King. El Toro has a tremendously helpful buff at his second tier, and Bonnie's Scatter Blast is very helpful when you need an enemy to dodge less. Make sure El Toro and Monkey King are fairly leveled and have maximized accuracy and dodge. Bonnie's Overwatch is also helpful in this situation, and make sure she has maximized accuracy as well.

So don't save your big hits on the boss. Save them on the minions instead. If you tried this already and failed, then keep on trying. Cao Tzu is waiting for you.
Well I always have Monkey King, because he's the Monkey King. Since I'm a Privateer, I used the Horse Crossbowman because of how accurate he is when you first get him and Monterey Jack because of his damage. I used El Toro before, but never Bonnie Anne. If this combination works, I'll post back.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
29
The Admiral on May 2, 2014 wrote:
Here's my suggestion.

When starting the battle, get rid of the minions first before hitting the Ebon Guardian. That will get rid of most of the problem. After that, attack the Ebon Guardian enough so that a set of enemies appear, but don't deal too much damage that could cause more enemies than you can handle. Defeat all of the summoned enemies as soon as they appear, then aim for the Ebon Guardian. Rinse and repeat until it dies. Ranged companions or companions with great dodge and Riposte would do generally well here since the enemies you fight here have mostly Melee based talents. A good set might be El Toro, Bonnie Anne, and Monkey King. El Toro has a tremendously helpful buff at his second tier, and Bonnie's Scatter Blast is very helpful when you need an enemy to dodge less. Make sure El Toro and Monkey King are fairly leveled and have maximized accuracy and dodge. Bonnie's Overwatch is also helpful in this situation, and make sure she has maximized accuracy as well.

So don't save your big hits on the boss. Save them on the minions instead. If you tried this already and failed, then keep on trying. Cao Tzu is waiting for you.
So I tried your strategy, and it worked. Thanks! It also worked on the Wood Guardian, too.