Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gear for Mooshu?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 04, 2013
Just wondering...I have pretty bad gear at the moment that I got from the Cutthroat Bundle in Skull Island. I'd like some advice for better gear..maybe I won't have to use henchman all the time if I get some better gear.
'

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
snowprince54321 on May 21, 2017 wrote:
Just wondering...I have pretty bad gear at the moment that I got from the Cutthroat Bundle in Skull Island. I'd like some advice for better gear..maybe I won't have to use henchman all the time if I get some better gear.
'
Welcome to the Message Boards, snowprince54321!
If your old gear is outdated and not helping your stats as it should, I recommend using the Bazaar. Try looking at the gear available to your level and class and see if you can find something better. Check any drop you get after fighting, maybe there's a gem that you've missed, don't just go and automatically sell everything.
For really great gear you will have to farm bosses who drop the best gear. Depending on your class these bosses may reward your farming:
Castillo Sapo - Santa Rana drops a very good hat that benefits musketeers.
Boot Hill Cemetery - the Duck of Death ( English Bill ) has a complete outfit plus weapon that is very useable for most classes.
Miranda - Captain Blood, his Jacket with Blood Flames is the most sought after drop in the game.
Also, please consider using team-up; hiring henchmen is totally un-necessary in this game.
You might want to look at your strategy in fights and which companions you're using & how well you've trained them.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Hey there,

Before we can start on figuring out what gear you need, we need to know what class and level you are. Also how far along the storyline you are, as this determines the amount of dungeons available to you.

In the meantime, I strongly suggest going back and doing any and all side quests you may have accidentally or deliberately overlooked. The exp from the quest + combat accumulates and it is very easy to overlevel in this game (as in hitting level 55 towards the end of mooshu, Level 65 entering aquila and hitting the current level cap before reaching the hydra.)

If this isn't your first playthrough, get your high level pirate to farm the no-auction gear suitable for your level. If it is your first playthrough, make some new pirates of varying classes and put any and all no-auction gear in the shared bank for them to hold onto. Unless you have duplicates, that stuff is too good to sell.

Other things you can do include companion management. Before you log off for the day, send everyone sailing. This makes ship battles easier in the long run due to ready access to high level gear (dropped or via bazaar). When your nautical level matches your pirate's level, send everyone brawling/keel hauling.

Life becomes so much simpler with planning and preparation.

Also research the pirate101 central wiki pages, they will almost certainly answer any gear related questions.

I hope that wall of text helps you make the game easier whilst we wait for your current specs.

P.s. Research captain blood and English bill.

Community Leader
I was able to solo quest through most of the game on my swashbuckler using some of the card-giving no auction level 5 gear from skull island bosses and the blood shoals expansion bosses. If you have any of that, or want to farm for that, go for it. If not, go to the bazaar and find the gear with the highest stats. Also, make sure you're using an appropriate weapon for your class ( Buccaneer: Smashy ; Swash: Stabby ; Musket: Shooty ; Witch: Staffy ; Privateer: Slashy ) Finally, make sure you're using useful, high leveled companions. Since you didn't provide your class, I can't give you an example team, but any companions that talk frequently in the storyline would be a good choice (Bonnie, Starter Companion, Trainer Companions, Kraken Skulls Companions, El Toro, Scratch, etc). There is absolutely no reason to need henchmen frequently in Mooshu. Use team up or ask for help in a populated realm.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
There are many good drops in Mooshu. I didn't have trouble getting better stuff there my first time through, but I did play with a partner. If solo is your style, that would be a tough area. When you hit a dungeon, you might want to get some extra help in Avery's Court. If there are more people, there are more enemy, which means more chests to loot after fights. I think that helps increase the chance you will get something useful. Sometimes nice things are found in those locked chests both in dungeons and lying around outside. Making some friends that can help open a chest when you find one is handy. I don't have anywhere specific to tell you to farm. I don't know what areas you have access to yet, what level gear you can use, or what class you are. Have you checked in the bazaar to see what's for sale there, or is it no auction items you seek? Are you good at any of the mini games? I get some nice stuff from those sometimes, especially ship items.

Ensign
Apr 22, 2017
I use horrible gear.
Cause most the time me inventory is full.

Ensign
Sep 06, 2016
TigershowmanYT on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
I use horrible gear.
If you go to Avery's Court there's a person standing next to the mini games and you can sell gears you don't need or can't use easily there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TigershowmanYT on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
I use horrible gear.
A full inventory & bank will destroy any good drops you get; as Zesty Jeff suggested, sell off gear you don't want. But also put pets you're not training in your Bunk House or Attic. Sell off the ship gear from old ships, the ships as well or if you have a house, put them in the shipyards.
If you have furniture taking up space in your backpack, place it in your house, ship cabin or attic. Also mounts you aren't currently using.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I hope all the good advice worked for Snowprince, and also anyone else who was having the same trouble.