Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Where is Monquista?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Ok, so I've been confused on this one for a while- where is Monquista based off of?
I know the majority of you will see this and think, 'duh, Spain,' but let's think now- the Monquistan symbol is a banana-cized play on the fleur de lee (lie, le?), which is French. But they have Monquistadors, which is a play on conquistadors, who are Spanish. So, while Spain is the most likely choice, the subtle hint of France is most assuredly in there... so is it both?

Also, I would like to see a completely French world where we meet the 3 musketeers... that would be very interesting.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so I've been confused on this one for a while- where is Monquista based off of?
I know the majority of you will see this and think, 'duh, Spain,' but let's think now- the Monquistan symbol is a banana-cized play on the fleur de lee (lie, le?), which is French. But they have Monquistadors, which is a play on conquistadors, who are Spanish. So, while Spain is the most likely choice, the subtle hint of France is most assuredly in there... so is it both?

Also, I would like to see a completely French world where we meet the 3 musketeers... that would be very interesting.
The royal flag of France was blue with three Fleur de Lis on it. But Monquista is very obviously Imperial Spain.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2012

1) Those are bananas because they're monkeys and they like bananas I guess? But, that's still a good point.
2) Yeah...what would it be called? Please an animal that is our size and doesn't think we're huge or tiny...

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
This is an incredibly testy subject for some people. You should check out my post: "The Difference Between Monquista and Valencia" Post under the Valencia section.

Quentin Davenport, lvl 64

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013

I think Polaris is based off France.

Petty Officer
Jul 18, 2012
Monquista seems like a mixture of Spain France and very little bit of American too. Now I know what you are thinking ("What? How does Monquista relate to America?") but because after the war gortez (who reminds me of George Washington a little bit) becomes king (president in GW's case) of monquista (America for GW).
If you look at it from my angle it can kind of seem true but even I admit its a pretty strange theory. And for Darkdoombro345 Polaris a world we may or May not play in is based off of France.

-Stormy Oliver Zabra Level 56 and Cuddles, The Fluffy Armadillo (My pet Armadillo Verde)