Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Am I the only hard that found Monquista hard?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
On my last 3 characters, I had extreme difficulty with Monquista (I don't remember on my first 2) especially towards the end and I've had several companion deaths in the world. The main problem I had was that my companions had useless epics (i.e. Cowards Bane, repel boarders) instead of good epics (i.e. Blade storm, relentless, mojo echo). But I wanted to know, did anyone else struggle with this place?

Lvl 70
Lvl 54
Lvl 18

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 26, 2016 wrote:
On my last 3 characters, I had extreme difficulty with Monquista (I don't remember on my first 2) especially towards the end and I've had several companion deaths in the world. The main problem I had was that my companions had useless epics (i.e. Cowards Bane, repel boarders) instead of good epics (i.e. Blade storm, relentless, mojo echo). But I wanted to know, did anyone else struggle with this place?

Lvl 70
Lvl 54
Lvl 18
It has been so long since I was first in Monquista, first year of P101, that I have only a dim remembrance.
But I do remember that I was defeated several times in Diabolo Cut by the undead monkeys and their relentless attacks. I was also only level 15 ( and I had done all the side quests in SI. )
My other pirates didn't have so much of a problem, after that.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
It depends on your strategy. I haven't been there in a long time, but I can recall that I had a hard time on the Monquista Drains and Diablo Cut. Otherwise, I have a hard time remembering things in Monquista.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Only my first pirate through had any difficulty in Monquista. After that, I knew to be slightly over-leveled through side quests and extra ship battles to bring up nautical would help get me through.

Ensign
Nov 30, 2012
It was kind of hard, but not to the extreme.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
Tle13 on Jul 9, 2016 wrote:
It was kind of hard, but not to the extreme.
It was harder than Valencia part 2 in my opinion, I had like 7-10 deaths in monquista but only 5 in Valencia part 2

Ensign
Aug 26, 2016
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 26, 2016 wrote:

Lvl 70
Lvl 54
Lvl 18
When I first joined Pirate101 on my old account (about 3 years ago), I found Monquista pretty hard, now I'm only finding dungeons hard since I do them alone. I'm still working on Monquista, I had a lot of trouble doing it on my old account since that's when I didn't know what to do

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
It's been nerfed a lot but I remeber it was super hard on my witch

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
My strategy is to do every sidequest as soon as possible so that dungeons aren't hard. I have only been killed in dungeons a couple times, in both of which my companions were injured.

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
I personally never found Monquista too difficult, but then again I may not remember every detail from a few years ago. I would recommend that you keep all of your companion units together, and go after 1 or 2 targets every round. Don't try to spread them out too thin, they probably won't be able to handle one enemy unit at a time by themselves. This is what I've always done, hope this helps!