Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Error Doubloon

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
This was a small one-off visual glitch that I can't seem to replicate but I felt it was worth reporting anyway.

So, I was fighting vultures in the entrance to the Labyrinth in Aquila for the story quest, and as I move my mouse to go to my second monitor, I somehow highlight what I can only assume is a placeholder Doubloon sprite that isn't supposed to show in normal gameplay, as it read:

"Error!"

"No value for (insert gibberish here)"

Attempting to move my mouse back to the screen removed it from the screen(probably because I was no longer focused on wherever I had hovered over to even see it) but I did get a screenshot before I did, and can submit it if needed. It is a pretty minor bug that has literally no impact on gameplay though so idk.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Sounds like the turn pets into eggs doubloon, which has zero use and is impossible to cast in regular PvE gameplay. It really isn't that good in PvP either. No way to rid that doubloon without tricking others into accepting it in trade, or to use a pirate on another account just to transfer it away. That doubloon needs to either be taken out of the game, or made to never appear during PvE gameplay. As it is, if you have such a doubloon then it is likely to come up time and time again no matter how deeply you try to burry it on the doubloon order pages.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Mar 31, 2021 wrote:
Sounds like the turn pets into eggs doubloon, which has zero use and is impossible to cast in regular PvE gameplay. It really isn't that good in PvP either. No way to rid that doubloon without tricking others into accepting it in trade, or to use a pirate on another account just to transfer it away. That doubloon needs to either be taken out of the game, or made to never appear during PvE gameplay. As it is, if you have such a doubloon then it is likely to come up time and time again no matter how deeply you try to burry it on the doubloon order pages.
If we get future bosses that have pets, then that doubloon will be useful.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Mar 31, 2021 wrote:
If we get future bosses that have pets, then that doubloon will be useful.
Even if we do, that doubloon won't be useful for most all of the game, just in a few boss fights. It isn't like players have an option to X out the stuff they don't want to ever appear.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Apr 1, 2021 wrote:
Even if we do, that doubloon won't be useful for most all of the game, just in a few boss fights. It isn't like players have an option to X out the stuff they don't want to ever appear.
True, but we can still discard or maybe in the future that doubloon could be used in ....crafting?