Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unexpected Population Growth

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
By now, I'm sure many of us have noticed that Avery is on Normal population (as opposed to Perfect) on weekends and late afternoons. This started a few weeks ago. It's no doubt due to a combination between subscriptions being on sale last month, combined with the ongoing pandemic.

So... I have to ask. Bat, Falmea, whoever, what is being done to capitalize on this sudden surge in population? Pirate101's a sinking ship, but for the first time in a year we've had a population increase instead of decrease.

This game may not get another chance like this again. I don't know who's controlling the funding for Pirate101 and Wizard101, but this needs to be capitalized on. Please divert some funds to this game. Announce the next update, and make it bigger and more ambitious than another skeleton key boss. Get this ship sailing again, and we'll all be the happier for it. There's so much you could do
- Basic crafting
- a side world (do another monquistan skyway - you have the assets, just need voice actors)
- PvP balance updates
- A regular pack once in a while
At this point, I'm almost confident, having been subbed since launch (and played since beta), I've singlehandedly provided enough funds for one of those.

Look, I don't expect any big names (like Bat) to post in this thread and say "Hey, we're doing x, y, and z." But it'd be nice to at least get some recognition that you all are seeing this population increase, and are getting the attention of the appropriate people.

(Insert ship icon here - can we at least get that?)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Orebit on Apr 25, 2020 wrote:
By now, I'm sure many of us have noticed that Avery is on Normal population (as opposed to Perfect) on weekends and late afternoons. This started a few weeks ago. It's no doubt due to a combination between subscriptions being on sale last month, combined with the ongoing pandemic.

So... I have to ask. Bat, Falmea, whoever, what is being done to capitalize on this sudden surge in population? Pirate101's a sinking ship, but for the first time in a year we've had a population increase instead of decrease.

This game may not get another chance like this again. I don't know who's controlling the funding for Pirate101 and Wizard101, but this needs to be capitalized on. Please divert some funds to this game. Announce the next update, and make it bigger and more ambitious than another skeleton key boss. Get this ship sailing again, and we'll all be the happier for it. There's so much you could do
- Basic crafting
- a side world (do another monquistan skyway - you have the assets, just need voice actors)
- PvP balance updates
- A regular pack once in a while
At this point, I'm almost confident, having been subbed since launch (and played since beta), I've singlehandedly provided enough funds for one of those.

Look, I don't expect any big names (like Bat) to post in this thread and say "Hey, we're doing x, y, and z." But it'd be nice to at least get some recognition that you all are seeing this population increase, and are getting the attention of the appropriate people.

(Insert ship icon here - can we at least get that?)
I make monthly purchases of crowns so I can access the message boards. In the past those crowns went to buy the premium areas; and I've done this through 3 accounts.
I know of at least 2 players who had 3 membership accounts. They had to drop the 2 extra accounts. So if there are crowns players ( like myself ) and members still playing and paying, what has our money been spent on?

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:
I make monthly purchases of crowns so I can access the message boards. In the past those crowns went to buy the premium areas; and I've done this through 3 accounts.
I know of at least 2 players who had 3 membership accounts. They had to drop the 2 extra accounts. So if there are crowns players ( like myself ) and members still playing and paying, what has our money been spent on?
I'd be *very* interested to see where my subscription and crown money has been spent, as well as everyone else's. Collectively, we've all paid for far more than we've seen for the past 5 years.

At the end of the day, all I can say is this - if Kingsisle lets this game die, my Wizard101 subscription is going to be the next thing to go. I'm not going to continue to play a company's games when they don't value my business, or more importantly for them, my money.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Orebit on Apr 28, 2020 wrote:
I'd be *very* interested to see where my subscription and crown money has been spent, as well as everyone else's. Collectively, we've all paid for far more than we've seen for the past 5 years.

At the end of the day, all I can say is this - if Kingsisle lets this game die, my Wizard101 subscription is going to be the next thing to go. I'm not going to continue to play a company's games when they don't value my business, or more importantly for them, my money.
I'm close to the end of my self-imposed deadline on financial support of KI. If I see no hint by June 1st, I'll not be buying crowns.
If all we got was some hint ( no matter how small ) that something is being worked on for P10 and show us, ( no matter how unfinished it is ) that would do much for the player community.
Just so long as it's not another farming dungeon!

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:
Oh your money? Probably going to w101, with less than 1% of it actually going to help p101.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Apr 30, 2020 wrote:
Oh your money? Probably going to w101, with less than 1% of it actually going to help p101.
That's what I'm afraid of; either that or those app games.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
Figure I'll just say to the Pirate101 team - thanks for acknowledging the sudden surge in population in the latest newsletter. It makes me feel a lot better about the game's chances (looking forward to the nautical party)

Also - since I know it will be read - I want to apologize to the people working on Pirate101, if I've come across as hostile or angry in my other posts. I love you guys. My anger's only directed at the suits way up the totem pole, not the awesome people working on this game. You guys are still working hard in spite of heavily reduced funding and the low morale among the community, and I appreciate that.

Administrator
Orebit on May 5, 2020 wrote:
Figure I'll just say to the Pirate101 team - thanks for acknowledging the sudden surge in population in the latest newsletter. It makes me feel a lot better about the game's chances (looking forward to the nautical party)

Also - since I know it will be read - I want to apologize to the people working on Pirate101, if I've come across as hostile or angry in my other posts. I love you guys. My anger's only directed at the suits way up the totem pole, not the awesome people working on this game. You guys are still working hard in spite of heavily reduced funding and the low morale among the community, and I appreciate that.
Thanks Orebit, the sentiment is appreciated, and the understanding on everything else...

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Orebit on May 5, 2020 wrote:

My sentiments too. I'm really sorry if I've come off as snappy and unreasonably lately. I know there are issues that need to be addressed, but the due to the coronavirus and my tendency to jump in I forgot to say how much I love your game and contact with your community.

The Nautical XP Party is a step in the right direction, I hope the best for Kingsisle and Pirate101 in future.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
Bat Masterson on May 5, 2020 wrote:
Thanks Orebit, the sentiment is appreciated, and the understanding on everything else...
Does the surge in population of Pirate mean some of the changes to packs will be made? Cough Cough Hoodoo Bundle to Level 70?

Does the surge in population mean that KI will seriously begin thinking of updating the multiple glitches in the game?
Does the surge in population mean that KI will begin designing if not a new world at least continue the storyline?

After having been a player of Pirate 101 since the beginning (at one time 3 paying accounts) and Wizard 101 player since 2011 (at one time 5 paying accounts) , I have devoted 9 years to KI and alot of money (I am ashamed to admit I am a reformed whale). I am now down to one paying account on Pirate. I have 2 more pirates through the Spiral.

What is KI going to do to attract me to stay? Because right now, what you are doing, is not cutting it.