Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What a glitch!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 25, 2011
Hello there!
I was farming Kane and ran into an outfit I thought looked pretty cool. However, on further inspection, the torso was disconnected from my left leg. I decided I was going to see if that was just a character card glitch. It wasn't. When I stitched it to my outfit, the outfit completely disappeared from my character and into my mount. Pretty cool glitch. My only problem is how weird it makes the great looking outfit look. Also, when I walk, my arms and legs move, the outfit stays in one place. I was just wondering if anyone has ran into this swashbuckler suited outfit and the same thing happened to them. Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
THELIGHTNINGDEMON on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:
Hello there!
I was farming Kane and ran into an outfit I thought looked pretty cool. However, on further inspection, the torso was disconnected from my left leg. I decided I was going to see if that was just a character card glitch. It wasn't. When I stitched it to my outfit, the outfit completely disappeared from my character and into my mount. Pretty cool glitch. My only problem is how weird it makes the great looking outfit look. Also, when I walk, my arms and legs move, the outfit stays in one place. I was just wondering if anyone has ran into this swashbuckler suited outfit and the same thing happened to them. Thanks!
It is an current problem on both the swashbuckler outfits dropped by Kane. The powers aren't affected but they look horrible when worn in normal situations ( walking around, riding a mount ) but in battle, it's twice as bad - the outfits refuse to move with your character and just hover in the general vicinity of your pirate!
You're not the only one to notice and report this - hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
It's harmless, and I think it's cool. I hope KI doesn't fix it.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2013
I'm so very glad you took the time to thank me for that. I honestly am annoyed by this any time I fight (PVP OR PVE) I'll see weird oddities such as a musketeer with the critical chance being scaled from will, when it should be agility, or when a buccaneer scales of off will. Such as some depictions below I know this isn't a huge glitch like the swashbuckler robe from the final boss accompanying the queen, (I honestly prefer that not be changed because it makes me laugh) however I would like to see each class be getting their critical chance appear next to that respective attribute (Buccaneers from strength, swashbucklers and musketeers from agility, witch-doctor from will) and would love to see it made so.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2013
(Part 2 to my last message) Also I noticed that my privateer can't find any good weapon to use since they scale from will but our weapons that support the class (Slash weapons in this case) is supported by strength which isn't right to me since we get will buffs and we should have will scaling weapons to heighten the critical chance to where it is supposed to be. Please fix the problem listed above (Both if possible but by far the most important thing to me is the initial problem listed) and in case you don't understand what I am upset about this linked picture should show you what I mean (The mix-matched attribute scaling from the weapons that determines there critical chance), Thanks,

(http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/images/thumb/6/63/(Creature)_Deacon_34.png/200px-(Creature)_Deacon_34.png) (Correct)

(http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/images/thumb/4/40/(Creature)_Captain_Blood_34.png/200px-(Creature)_Captain_Blood_34.png) (Incorrect)

This is because Image one shows Deacon having agility being the stat he scales from whilst image 2 is incorrect because a buccaneer shouldn't get his critical chance from agility. (P.S. Sorry, my O.C.D. makes me upset when incorrect things like this even if they are minuscule issues occur)

-Godofshadowshot
LV.70
LV.29

Also, I also noticed the glitch robe for swashbucklers from Kane and I agree, I would prefer it stay as is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It's a glitch that needs to be corrected, some want to wear it and not look deformed!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 9, 2016 wrote:
It's a glitch that needs to be corrected, some want to wear it and not look deformed!
Where have you been?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Dec 11, 2016 wrote:
Where have you been?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
What, are you saying that players want to look like a dismembered Quasimodo? This glitch sucks and needs correcting!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Godofshadowshot on Dec 9, 2016 wrote:
(Part 2 to my last message) Also I noticed that my privateer can't find any good weapon to use since they scale from will but our weapons that support the class (Slash weapons in this case) is supported by strength which isn't right to me since we get will buffs and we should have will scaling weapons to heighten the critical chance to where it is supposed to be. Please fix the problem listed above (Both if possible but by far the most important thing to me is the initial problem listed) and in case you don't understand what I am upset about this linked picture should show you what I mean (The mix-matched attribute scaling from the weapons that determines there critical chance), Thanks,

(http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/images/thumb/6/63/(Creature)_Deacon_34.png/200px-(Creature)_Deacon_34.png) (Correct)

(http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/images/thumb/4/40/(Creature)_Captain_Blood_34.png/200px-(Creature)_Captain_Blood_34.png) (Incorrect)

This is because Image one shows Deacon having agility being the stat he scales from whilst image 2 is incorrect because a buccaneer shouldn't get his critical chance from agility. (P.S. Sorry, my O.C.D. makes me upset when incorrect things like this even if they are minuscule issues occur)

-Godofshadowshot
LV.70
LV.29

Also, I also noticed the glitch robe for swashbucklers from Kane and I agree, I would prefer it stay as is.
Kossak's Blades from the Ashes of the Armada pack - a staffy/slashy that boosts from Will.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Sorry to not seeing this earlier, but yes many of my friend thought it looked cool, and almost like a magic trick. I see they fixed it though

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
rex1556 on Dec 17, 2016 wrote:
Sorry to not seeing this earlier, but yes many of my friend thought it looked cool, and almost like a magic trick. I see they fixed it though
Yeah, and I'm willing to bet an equal number of people wept when seeing their pirates wear it!