Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The problem with Obsidian Skeleton Key Bosses

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
The fights for the Obsidian Skeleton Key bosses are genuinely great and challenging fights appropriate for a challenge at level 70. However, there are some issues that have yet to be resolved with some of these fights. I would like to highlight some problems I have with these fights and how they might be resolved.

Obsidian Brass Monkey does not offer much reward for his fight. He drops gear that is supposed to give a significant boost to our stats instead of Talents or Powers. However, all of these items either do not give substantial enough boosts or are currently glitched to have only one stat.

Verminius Blightbeard does not offer any unique gear or weapons from his fight, making it pointless aside from getting him as a Companion. I would suggest a weapon called the Pirate King's Obsidian Cutlass, a Smashy weapon to compensate for the fact that there is not yet an Obsidian weapon for Buccaneers. Also, the amount of minions Blightbeard has does not scale with the number of Pirates, meaning players fighting it solo are overwhelmed by the massive number of enemies.

Black Annie Rackham has the same problem Blightbeard does, in that she drops nothing of interest to make her worthwhile. I would suggest a weapon called the Obsidian Scaramanga (A reference to Bonnie's weapon from her promotion). It would have longer range and more damage then the Obsidian Deathdealers, without the extra rank of Burst Fire. It could be an alternative for Musketeers who aren't interested in Bill's drops.