Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nerfs and my solutions to absolutely everything

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Hey my guys, I have returned
  1. Musketeers' spike traps should be able to stack.
  2. The world origin bonuses Born Sneak, Born Warrior, and Keen Eyes should give percentage buffs of +5-10% instead of simple +5 stat buffs.
  3. Burning Palm (granted by the Fire Guardian's Medallion) should be nerfed towards actual usability. It currently has 3 range and deals about as much damage as a Mojo Strike. I'd suggest either more damage or a 2-round blindness debuff.
  4. A greater variety of defensive summoning abilities should be made available to witchdoctors in addition to at least 1 alternative to Moo Manchu's robes. Witchdoctors can't afford to be very diverse at the moment because the few good strategies they have are dependent on so few rare items and companions.
  5. Maybe a 50 crown fee to dye individual companions? It'd require some extra customization to prevent conflicts with flag dying.
  6. I've been holding onto this idea for a while. Living abroad? Could we get some foreign versions of the bunkhouse or dorm room? Houses found in public areas throughout the spiral. You'd find one somewhere and buy or rent it from some landlord for a sum of crowns, gold, or scrip. You wouldn't equip or teleport to these kinds of residences, you'd use the front door. A shack in Port Regal. Your own hideout in Arroyo Grande. An entire unused island in Calabria Skyway. Any house that you could walk or fly to directly from the outside world.

I need to elaborate on #4. I don't know why exactly witchdoctors have been so deprived of AoE summon abilities (what they're best at) but I know that this can be justified by the threat of outrageous summon spams. If your enemy summoned 9 more disgusting creatures every round, that'd be pretty annoying. And disgusting. Maybe that'd need to be nerfed. But if witchdoctors had access to several different equipment slots granting multi-summon powers, then they could actually use wands other than the nefarious staff. I could finally give up on Moo (200+ kills, no robe).

Also can Witch Hunter please just go back to its previous state? It was probably nerfed to counter Old Scratch, but as you can see witchdoctors are still terrible. There must have been some kind of bloody PvP reign of terror by witchdoctors in Pirate101 history that all the developers are afraid to bring back. Don't let them get in power or else they'll form some oppressive hoodoo superstate and violate everyone's human rights. We wouldn't want that to happen again.

Unban the charm power.

Lots of ideas here, I'm sure you'll all be commenting on the bit about witchdoctors. Or nobody will comment at all, as per usual. My titles just aren't clickbait enough. I'll try using the triple exclamation points next time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
Hey my guys, I have returned
  1. Musketeers' spike traps should be able to stack.
  2. The world origin bonuses Born Sneak, Born Warrior, and Keen Eyes should give percentage buffs of +5-10% instead of simple +5 stat buffs.
  3. Burning Palm (granted by the Fire Guardian's Medallion) should be nerfed towards actual usability. It currently has 3 range and deals about as much damage as a Mojo Strike. I'd suggest either more damage or a 2-round blindness debuff.
  4. A greater variety of defensive summoning abilities should be made available to witchdoctors in addition to at least 1 alternative to Moo Manchu's robes. Witchdoctors can't afford to be very diverse at the moment because the few good strategies they have are dependent on so few rare items and companions.
  5. Maybe a 50 crown fee to dye individual companions? It'd require some extra customization to prevent conflicts with flag dying.
  6. I've been holding onto this idea for a while. Living abroad? Could we get some foreign versions of the bunkhouse or dorm room? Houses found in public areas throughout the spiral. You'd find one somewhere and buy or rent it from some landlord for a sum of crowns, gold, or scrip. You wouldn't equip or teleport to these kinds of residences, you'd use the front door. A shack in Port Regal. Your own hideout in Arroyo Grande. An entire unused island in Calabria Skyway. Any house that you could walk or fly to directly from the outside world.

I need to elaborate on #4. I don't know why exactly witchdoctors have been so deprived of AoE summon abilities (what they're best at) but I know that this can be justified by the threat of outrageous summon spams. If your enemy summoned 9 more disgusting creatures every round, that'd be pretty annoying. And disgusting. Maybe that'd need to be nerfed. But if witchdoctors had access to several different equipment slots granting multi-summon powers, then they could actually use wands other than the nefarious staff. I could finally give up on Moo (200+ kills, no robe).

Also can Witch Hunter please just go back to its previous state? It was probably nerfed to counter Old Scratch, but as you can see witchdoctors are still terrible. There must have been some kind of bloody PvP reign of terror by witchdoctors in Pirate101 history that all the developers are afraid to bring back. Don't let them get in power or else they'll form some oppressive hoodoo superstate and violate everyone's human rights. We wouldn't want that to happen again.

Unban the charm power.

Lots of ideas here, I'm sure you'll all be commenting on the bit about witchdoctors. Or nobody will comment at all, as per usual. My titles just aren't clickbait enough. I'll try using the triple exclamation points next time.
I can't wholeheartedly "yar" this post, but some of the ideas you present are very good. I'll comment on those instead.
Musketeers can already stack bombs and I believe that the smaller trap can fit inside one of the larger traps - that's plenty damage right there. If you had suggested that Musks could have a new power that casts caltrops ( the spikey traps in ship battles ) I would be 100% for it.
World Origin bonuses as percentage? Absolutely agree.
Burning Palm must be very rare, I've never seen it used. So, no comment on that.
Individual dying of companions is completely unnecessary and probably too complicated to code ( I'm sorry, if you chose hot pink and green for your flag, that is what El Toro will be wearing. )
Completely for extra world housing, even faction housing.
Currently Witchdoctors are the only class to have one of their best powers banned from ranked PVP. Give it back to them!
P.S. I found your title very "click worthy".