Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Potential Solution for the Drop Rates

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 16, 2011
This is being posted on behalf of ItzGray
I honestly think the drop rates were that way from the beginning, but that doesn't change the fact that these drop rates SUCK. Do 100 runs of Moo Manchu (a dungeon that typically takes an hour), and how many Imperial pieces will you get on average? ONE. For what takes ONE HUNDRED hours without the cabin glitch. People shouldn't have to spend thousands of hours (and I'm not kidding, I've spoken to more than a few with over 1000 runs with no boots, one even took over 3000 to get their pair.) to get a pair of boots in a video game, and that's why people do the cabin glitch. Because you shouldn't have to spend thousands of hours to get a pair of boots in a video game. I did the glitch myself to get those Imperial Boots, and 160 runs should not be considered LUCKY for that. (And for those who think I'm a potential believer of myths, here's some mythbusting: I got my Imperial Boots from Moo's battle chest, not the second chance chest.) This is obviously resulting in a brutal war between two sides of the player base. I propose a compromise: Patch the cabin glitch, and raise the drop rates. But not in any ordinary way. I believe drop rates should be based on the length of the dungeon. Here's some base rates to go off of that are probably very low, but they can be subject to change. (Bosses that need no change: Servus Albus, The Nefarious Five (excluding the Turncoat gear set), level 5 rat quest bosses, Verminius Blightbeard (excluding the Pirate Nightmare Pack stitch gear)) 1-5 minutes (Example: Bruno Chapel): 2% 10-20 minutes (Example: Miranda, Obsidian bosses): 5% 25-40 minutes (Example: Tomb of Kow Cheng): 8% 45 minutes-1hr+ (Example: Tower of Moo Manchu): 10% The exceptions are Haywire weapons (from Dreadnaught specifically), which should have a 100% drop rate (therefore a 1/19 chance to drop a specific weapon) due to the infrequency of Dreadnaught spawns. (along with other unique boss items that have a stupid amount of different variations)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dutch Windmill on May 7, 2021 wrote:
This is being posted on behalf of ItzGray
I honestly think the drop rates were that way from the beginning, but that doesn't change the fact that these drop rates SUCK. Do 100 runs of Moo Manchu (a dungeon that typically takes an hour), and how many Imperial pieces will you get on average? ONE. For what takes ONE HUNDRED hours without the cabin glitch. People shouldn't have to spend thousands of hours (and I'm not kidding, I've spoken to more than a few with over 1000 runs with no boots, one even took over 3000 to get their pair.) to get a pair of boots in a video game, and that's why people do the cabin glitch. Because you shouldn't have to spend thousands of hours to get a pair of boots in a video game. I did the glitch myself to get those Imperial Boots, and 160 runs should not be considered LUCKY for that. (And for those who think I'm a potential believer of myths, here's some mythbusting: I got my Imperial Boots from Moo's battle chest, not the second chance chest.) This is obviously resulting in a brutal war between two sides of the player base. I propose a compromise: Patch the cabin glitch, and raise the drop rates. But not in any ordinary way. I believe drop rates should be based on the length of the dungeon. Here's some base rates to go off of that are probably very low, but they can be subject to change. (Bosses that need no change: Servus Albus, The Nefarious Five (excluding the Turncoat gear set), level 5 rat quest bosses, Verminius Blightbeard (excluding the Pirate Nightmare Pack stitch gear)) 1-5 minutes (Example: Bruno Chapel): 2% 10-20 minutes (Example: Miranda, Obsidian bosses): 5% 25-40 minutes (Example: Tomb of Kow Cheng): 8% 45 minutes-1hr+ (Example: Tower of Moo Manchu): 10% The exceptions are Haywire weapons (from Dreadnaught specifically), which should have a 100% drop rate (therefore a 1/19 chance to drop a specific weapon) due to the infrequency of Dreadnaught spawns. (along with other unique boss items that have a stupid amount of different variations)
These are very interesting points, I hope that KI will take it in consideration. I especially like that you are debunking farming myths.
I wish to add to your data, as a player who has earned the Master of Moo badge on 2 of my pirates - I have ALL pieces of Nef-5 and Moo gear from the tower. Including the corrupted pets and Ki-rin mount. It is achievable within a small scale of runs (100) and it's not necessary to risk your account by using an exploit to get it.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
The very best hard to drop items should also be obtainable through badges for the area. Some players simply can't get some items no matter how many times in, while others luck out and get the same ones frequently enough. This of course causes people to rage quit, and rightly so. You should be guaranteed to get a had to drop item upon doing anything 100 times. As such it would be nice to have a list of the items that should be guaranteed bade drops (in addition to them normally dropping), which of course would include Prince of Illios Quiver.

Rather than being badge rewards the game could simply count how many times a player has entered and up their chance of getting the items they haven't ever gotten or lowering the chance of whatever they did already get. In this case there wouldn't be a need to have the items be badge awards.

It should be noted that if the best items are made into guaranteed badge awards if one does a dungeon so many times, then players will know just where to farm for any item they want by sifting through their badge pages and clicking on a tab that lists badges that gives items/equipment.