Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions are awfully imbalanced based upon their character levels

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
It would be nice if all the companions were made somewhat comparable with each other based upon their character levels as that would actually allow the better players to use different companions than one another, thereby adding a lot of variety in the game in terms of who we get to play with and see everyone else using.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
Takhethis on Feb 5, 2021 wrote:
It would be nice if all the companions were made somewhat comparable with each other based upon their character levels as that would actually allow the better players to use different companions than one another, thereby adding a lot of variety in the game in terms of who we get to play with and see everyone else using.
I think the main issue with this is that.... how do you expect to go about this exactly? Give everything Relentless/Burst Fire/Mojo Echo? Even if you just simply gave them more epic talents to choose from some companions like Bonne Anne will still be better than say Lefty, simply because the stat difference between the two is so high it's like comparing apples to oranges.

The only feasible way I could see making trash companions more usable than staple companions like Bonne Anne would be to equalize their stats, but at that rate you're bringing down the good companions just to mildly buff the ones no one uses anyway.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Bakugan2556 on Feb 23, 2021 wrote:
I think the main issue with this is that.... how do you expect to go about this exactly? Give everything Relentless/Burst Fire/Mojo Echo? Even if you just simply gave them more epic talents to choose from some companions like Bonne Anne will still be better than say Lefty, simply because the stat difference between the two is so high it's like comparing apples to oranges.

The only feasible way I could see making trash companions more usable than staple companions like Bonne Anne would be to equalize their stats, but at that rate you're bringing down the good companions just to mildly buff the ones no one uses anyway.
I'd be happy with the same, or nearly the same, number of talents. I'd think the number of talents a companion has would reflect its level, but clearly that is not even remotely the case for some companions. If some have special talents that is fine, like scatter shot, buffing, Zeena's X firetrap. I'd really like to see Zeena restored back to how she was when she first came out. She was a top line companion, now she sits close to the back in the order lineup.