Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about Free to Play

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 12, 2011
Hi! I've played this game since it came out, and I've been questioning how the Free-to-Play areas worked. I got a membership recently, but before I did I was able to complete two out of three of the rat quests. When I got the membership, I completed the last one and went on to Jonah Town, the Presidio, and eventually finished the Free-To-Play areas. I've done this on a buccaneer and a swashbuckler without a membership. However, today I found another buccaneer who couldn't access the sea chest in the High Cave. This was for Moe's quest, and he says he's been buying crowns to access these areas. I found this shocking and weird since I have been doing these quests since they've changed. I've never gotten the message I usually get in Jonah Town, where I get the parents' ship. Is it different for some players or for some classes? It wouldn't make sense for classes since I was a buccaneers as well-so maybe players? I would love to get feedback soon! xx

Administrator
Hi. This has changed a couple of times since the launch of the game. While adjusting the free-to-play experience, we kept earlier free-to-play privileges active for those that were playing Pirate101 at the time. In other words, you may be able to play for free up to Jonah Town because you were playing back when Jonah Town was included in the free content. If you have a friend join today, they'll be limited to the Free to Play areas listed here: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/chapter_pricing

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*