Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Does Mustang Sally join your crew?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
Today I rescued Mustang Sally from Fort Elena and brought her back to Santo Pollo ( Cool Ranch ) to reunite with El Toro. They maried. And so I sailed away to Tumble Weed skyway. I know El Toro will join my crew sometime, but does Mustang Sally join my crew?

Loyal Chris Vane: Lvl 32

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
cdude106 on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
Today I rescued Mustang Sally from Fort Elena and brought her back to Santo Pollo ( Cool Ranch ) to reunite with El Toro. They maried. And so I sailed away to Tumble Weed skyway. I know El Toro will join my crew sometime, but does Mustang Sally join my crew?

On my Swashbuckler, she decided to join.

I guess she became a little jealous El Toro was running off,
to have a good time.

On my Buccaneer, I decide to buy her in the crown shop.

Community Leader
cdude106 on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:

She automatically joins with El Toro . . . if you're a Swashbuckler. Otherwise, you just have to buy her in the crownshop when she unlocks at that point.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
She automatically joins with El Toro . . . if you're a Swashbuckler. Otherwise, you just have to buy her in the crownshop when she unlocks at that point.
Do buccaneer's or Witch doctor's get any cool companions?!?! So far I feel like starting over as a Swashbuckler so I can get the crew I want e.e

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Hmm, I am not sure about that.

I picked up every side quest I saw and could and came across in Cool Ranch up to Haunted Skyway, and never had Mustang Sally join my crew. (Swashbuckler)

Community Leader
I don't have a Swashbuckler myself, but if I remember correctly (spoilers!) El Toro joins your crew right as you are completing Cool Ranch just before you head off to Moo Shu as he joins you for the Deacon fight. I would assume that Mustang Sally joins with him, based on my research.

As a side note to Shiningfantasia, for all your worry about not having your crown companions above the level cap, you may be the first person in the game to get an above level cap El Toro, one of the best companions in the game. If that's the case, congrats!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Mobex on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
Do buccaneer's or Witch doctor's get any cool companions?!?! So far I feel like starting over as a Swashbuckler so I can get the crew I want e.e
Maybe someone else can step in here to help answer this, but Buck's get Billy the Kid, who most people don't seem to like but I enjoyed for a few levels and the Lost Ranger, a skeleton cowboy who I didn't like at first but kind of grew on me.

Witchdoctors get the Spirit Bison and Bat Masterson, I believe. And that's just in Cool Ranch. There may be others that I don't know of. I'm trying to compile a list of all the class-specific companions on my blog. The list is far from complete, so if anyone knows any that I don't have there, please let me know!

Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
I guess im pretty sad that i cant get Mustang Sally because im a , but hey, at least El Toro joins my crew :D

Community Leader
cdude106 on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
I guess im pretty sad that i cant get Mustang Sally because im a , but hey, at least El Toro joins my crew :D
You can always get Sally in the crown shop. Don't be sad!

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
You can always get Sally in the crown shop. Don't be sad!
For money. Be really sad

Ensign
Apr 15, 2010
Talkin The Plank on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
So i am a swashbuckler does that mean she will join my crew? o.e just wondering cuz i really want more gilr companions

-Level 76 Balance wizard-
-Level 15 Swashbuckler-

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Thank you Talkin' the Plank. I appreciate your help. And now that you said something, I will look forward to it. xD

Yea, when I play my Witchdoctor, I will grind my way to 50 before even leaving Skull Island (Rofl) that way ALL my companions will be above the level cap. Then we'll see how many people would want to equalize the companion level cap. (And not just me.)

Community Leader
Shiningfantasia on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
Thank you Talkin' the Plank. I appreciate your help. And now that you said something, I will look forward to it. xD

Yea, when I play my Witchdoctor, I will grind my way to 50 before even leaving Skull Island (Rofl) that way ALL my companions will be above the level cap. Then we'll see how many people would want to equalize the companion level cap. (And not just me.)
I would say that if you are willing to do that serious of a grind, you deserve whatever level companions you want. I can't imagine this will be a very popular method of min/max'ing, though!

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Haha, definitely not.

And most likely, I'd be too lazy to do THAT kind of grinding commitment. That would be beyond even me, and could not even fathom trying to reach level 50 on Fin dorsal alone.

I did just now finish the Deacon fight, received the Mooshu skiff, and is now allowed to travel to Hamamitsu gardens. I also received Mustang Sally, who ended up being 52, but at the low end of my list due to the lack of epics.

However, El Toro, as said before, is one heck of a companion, ranking right up there along with my other "super" companions. He is at level 51. However, due to the fact that I am STILL not allowed anywhere outside Hamamitsu Skyway, I still can't complete his promotion quest.

The whole "above level cap" issue is slowly dying out, and my brain is being eaten away at less each day.

Just remember, buyer beware. Buy companions as late as possible to reap maximum benefits that will stay with you throughout the entire current level cap! Buy companions at 50, and you will have the strongest companions in the game. (Depending on which you buy.) I still wish I would have known that before I bought mine. Rats.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Gee. I got her as a Swashbuckler, but who would have known? Out of respect and honor, I feel some pity for all other class Pirates. For the moment being, only Swashbucklers get to recruit Mustang Sally (A.K.A, Carolina) in the main story, but all the other classes must only purchase her by Crowns Shop. It sounds like the other class Pirates, Buccaneer, Witchdoctor, Privateer and Musketeer want her more involved and recruited as part of a Main Story Companion instead of a Crowns Companion to all classes but Swashbuckler.