Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I'm new here

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 27, 2014
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Exemplary on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
What's something you'd think I would need to know?
Hi Exemplary, welcome to the message boards.
Well you need to know that you are now an official Message Board Marauder. Your rank will change as your post amounts increase. Here is the current list:

0-49 Ensign
50-99 Petty Officer
100-199 Lieutenant
200-299 Gunner's Mate
300-399 Bosun
400-499 First Mate
500-749 Captain
750-999 Commodore
1000-1499 Admiral
1500-2999 Dread Pirate
3000-???? Pirate Overlord

If you like what someone has said then give em a "Yar" Just click the word "Yar" beside the thumbs up icon in the lower right of the post.

If you have a lot you want to say in one post then use the "Quote" button. It will give you 2000 more characters to type.

I look forward to getting to know you fellow Marauder.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
First off, welcome to the message boards, Exemplary! A good bit of advise I would pass on to new posters is to ask you to do a topic search before posting. Recently we have been getting duplicates of the same topic covering the same ground. If you have something new to add to such topics, add it to a post already in existence.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Welcome aboard Exemplary!

Something that you would surely need to know (but would absolutely come to realize) is that the Message Boards is an awesome place for any pirate looking for further adventure. And that there's a lot of great people here on the boards, all offering up fantastic tips, insight, help, creativity and so much more.

One thing you may or may not know already is that there is a delay from when you click "Submit" to the time your post actually gets posted. The moderators, One-Eyed Jack and Bonnie, need time to look over the incoming posts and make sure they are "acceptable" in nature and content. For this reason posts may take up to 24 hours to actually make an appearance on the boards. This is helpful to know when setting up in game meetings or requesting help from fellow posters, as you'll want to make sure to post a couple days ahead of time to allow for moderation.

I'm sure you'll stumble across other "ooh, that's cool to know" tidbits from here on the boards, so just enjoy your time here, and once again, welcome aboard.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Welcome Aboard Exemplary, great to have ye here.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Ahoy me matie welcom we're glad to have ye and well people explained it already one more thing have fun posting here