Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions for Ratbeard, re: Crafting

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In the post "horrible boss rewards" you hinted that crafting would be coming to Pirate 101. I won't ask when; I know you don't talk schedule. But you said that we could get reagents from boss drops.
Question # 1: Will there be other ways to get reagents?
#2 : Besides personal equipment, what other items will we be able to craft?

That's all the questions I have for now. I know you're busy with a certain 'nefarious' tower ( besides other things ) Just want to say, that I'm excited by the prospect of crafting. Ki and Pirate 101 rocks!

Developer
anecorbie on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
In the post "horrible boss rewards" you hinted that crafting would be coming to Pirate 101. I won't ask when; I know you don't talk schedule. But you said that we could get reagents from boss drops.

That's all the questions I have for now. I know you're busy with a certain 'nefarious' tower ( besides other things ) Just want to say, that I'm excited by the prospect of crafting. Ki and Pirate 101 rocks!
You should expect Crafting in P101 to follow the general outlines of Crafting in W101-- but improved, based upon things we've learned from W101.

You know... like we did with Pets.

As both a player and a designer, I love love love Crafting...

Community Leader
I sure hope that we can also craft ships & ship parts in addition to gear and house furniture? :D

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Crafting...What exactly is it?

Hehehe...Crafting...What is this? Minecraft? HA! Oh, BTW Ratbeard, is this Crafting Feature also going to be added with Book 15? I wouldn't want to be disappointed just for another Improvement update like last time.

Oh, and how can we tell when the update is close?

Petty Alicia Cog

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Ratbeard on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
You should expect Crafting in P101 to follow the general outlines of Crafting in W101-- but improved, based upon things we've learned from W101.

You know... like we did with Pets.

As both a player and a designer, I love love love Crafting...
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Crafting was my favorite thing to do on Wizard101, it kept me from being bored after finishing the worlds!

Do you plan on releasing crafting with the new worlds/story quests in the future? Or is it something that must be focused on separately like Advanced Companions?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
itsamemario4 on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:

Hehehe...Crafting...What is this? Minecraft? HA! Oh, BTW Ratbeard, is this Crafting Feature also going to be added with Book 15? I wouldn't want to be disappointed just for another Improvement update like last time.

Petty Alicia Cog
You get to make your own equipment & housing items ( sometimes a complete house, but that's for high level crafting ) Hopefully, for P101 they will add ship crafting

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013

Petty Alicia Cog
In Wizard101 you can collect reagents (material) that allows you to craft certain things like wands, robes, shoes, hats, etc. Some of those crafted items could have special powers that come with it. In Wizard101, crafting some robes could possibly have a nice spell to come along with it. If crafting were to come in this game, we could find a whole bunch of materials to get some really cool gear for your pirate. Its something I am really looking forward to arriving since Ratbeard already confirmed it will make an appearance at some point in time in this game. Infact, they could be working on it as we speak!

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
O YES!!!!! I can't wait for crafting to come, I bet when it comes the old rabbit in the bazaar will get A LOT more bussiness. It certainly would be cool to make ship parts or even good gear, much more fun than farming bosses

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have very pleased that crafting is coming to Pirate101. I do enjoy that element of Wizard101 a great deal. I am quite curious about the improvements, but I suppose I will have to be patient.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Just thought I'd add my little "whoo hoo!" to the Crafting chorus. Looking forward to it!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's excited for crafting to come to Pirate101.I can't wait.I need a sail,because currently I don't have one.I mean,by the time crafting comes out,I'll get one,but I want one with a sail power that decreases the enemies healing!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I was never really into pet breeding and crafting in W101, but ever since seeing what you guys have done with it here in P101, I am actually VERY excited about what possibilities could be unlocked with Crafting 2.0! If it's as good as the new Pet training regimes, Crafting should be a BLAST!!

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
O I forgot to add this to my first post, so we now have pet training, crafting is in the making but there is 1 more thing that is awesome in w101 and would be awesome if it was added to p101. Farming!!! Is farming also on the to-do lost?

Commodore
May 31, 2009

Petty Alicia Cog
I think the way you can tell if an update is close is when Ratbeard, One-Eyed Jack, and Blind Mew all stop posting as frequently. That means they're busy!

Crafting is when you gather 'reagents' which are sort of like ingredients in a recipe, and you combine them to create new equipment, housing items, pet snacks, transmute reagents, etc. Each item has its own 'recipe' you have to purchase (for gold) and you create the items with the required number of each reagent in the recipe using a Crafting Table.

Some of the equipment is more powerful and can give you a better boost than something you'd buy at the Bazaar or get from a boss drop.

That's how crafting works in Wizard101, but it is a NIGHTMARE to gather reagents.

Question for Ratbeard: Will reagent drops, amounts per harvest, and respawn time (for the reagents out in the worlds) be more player-friendly? On Wizard101 I was stuck for a very long time in both Marleybone's and Dragonspyre's crafting quests due to the low drop/harvest rates on some of the reagents, and I do not want to have to go through that mess again.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
icewizard6589 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
O I forgot to add this to my first post, so we now have pet training, crafting is in the making but there is 1 more thing that is awesome in w101 and would be awesome if it was added to p101. Farming!!! Is farming also on the to-do lost?
Do you mean gardening?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
icewizard6589 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
We may farm to get reagents, but I hope not. Not my favorite thing to do, besides I'm a skysailor pirate not a dirt-farmer!

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
hehe sometimes I get a bit lazy and I don't look over my post, I have misspelled a lot accidently. Gardening is sometimes a little boring but there are a lot of people who enjoy, plus it would be something for free to play pirates to do. Plus if we get plants that give stuff like pets snacks or other great prizes like in w101 it would be worth it.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:

well, i am a very intense minecraft player, it would be awesome if they put it in the game lol

Community Leader
I honestly think gardening is totally wrong for this game. However, fishing is perfect! I would love to fish for reagents. It suits pirates better anyway!

Also, I wonder if they will add a Crafting task for our companions which will collect reagents for us?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
I honestly think gardening is totally wrong for this game. However, fishing is perfect! I would love to fish for reagents. It suits pirates better anyway!

Also, I wonder if they will add a Crafting task for our companions which will collect reagents for us?
Kelsey, gardening, really not fitting to the Pirates' theme, but fishing, that we can do. Fishing is somewhat of a sport to many, and I would no doubt fish for anything there. We may either get a new Companion Order based on fishing, or have our Companions fish with us. The more to fish, the more we get, right?

If Crafting does get to Pirate101, no doubt we would get a new Companion Order for our Companions to collect reagents, even rare ones, too! Have they even thought of that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:

Lazy ways are always the best ways! Yar, send companions out fer reagents, says I

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Lazy ways are always the best ways! Yar, send companions out fer reagents, says I
Hehehe, I have to agree with you there. I'm to the point where I'm not farming ships for Nautical XP, I just send out 5-7 companions to collect it for me. I give a hearty YAR to ye, and agree mightily with the idea of havin' companions fetchin' reagents! (My wizard wishes to add that it would make things much easier for the pirates should their companions be able to gather reagents.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
So, I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of crafting and the gathering of reagents; so much so that I had a dream about ordering my crew to get them, when Ratbeard says "I'm not goin' to do yer grocery shoppin'! "

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I hear tale that we'll actually get different bits and items, each with their own stats, then, sort of like stitching, we'll be able to combine them. The different items will make some hybrid weapon or ship or whatever, and it will have the stats of each of these items. So if I have creepy wood, ghostly string, and bone arrows, I'll get some scary undead bow and arrow, with the stats that each of those items had.

This could come in handy if I ever have some random items from The Hydra, or the minotaur, or something else powerful and scary, but there wasn't exactly anything I could do with them... until I realized I might be able to make a powrful Aquilan sword or something. This would add a whole new meaning to farming, as well as giving us strong items that could be used for even more farming. It's like the circle of life, but better!

...not to mention the really messed up ships we could make...

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011

Petty Alicia Cog
When Ratbeard, One-Eyed Jack, and the rest of the message boards crew start saying "that would be spoiling" more than they do ever, they want to keep stuff a secret a bit more.

Also look out for the test realm to be open. That's a pretty good hint.