Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

we may not ever reach el dorado

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 02, 2013
ok so ive been thinking and woldnt we most likely destroy the map to prevnt the armada from getting there and then we wold destoy the armada dont kell haul me im just saying we might not get there

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
musketer592 on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
ok so ive been thinking and woldnt we most likely destroy the map to prevnt the armada from getting there and then we wold destoy the armada dont kell haul me im just saying we might not get there
I have complete and utter faith in Blind Mew that he would not write such a plot twist. He has even said that it would be too much of an anticlimax if we did not get there after all the build up. Never fear thoughtful pirate, Blind Mew will get us there. Now as to when.............That would be telling.

Petty Officer
Jun 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
I have complete and utter faith in Blind Mew that he would not write such a plot twist. He has even said that it would be too much of an anticlimax if we did not get there after all the build up. Never fear thoughtful pirate, Blind Mew will get us there. Now as to when.............That would be telling.
hey dont steal Mew's catchfrays (sorry not that good at spelling, corse of habit) if everyone uses it, it will get old. DONT KEELHAUL ME

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
There's a logical reason why the PC would be foolish to destroy the map pieces already collected. Sure, that would slow the Armada down, but Kane would not be stopped from eventually completing his "Grand Design" that way. Marco Pollo figured all this stuff out to contrive the map, and Avery said Kane is "smarter than any living being". Couple his intelligence with no inherent age limit and it becomes a certainty that Kane will eventually get to El Dorado. In fact, Kane surely knows how to get to El Dorado already. Since someone (like Catbeard) knows exactly where Pollo's crew entered the stormgate, and what windstone they used to do so (I'm guessing Red), All Kane really has to do is park a battlestation on that spot, and wait for the stormgate to appear. Unless Kane is destroyed, he has time for even that cumbersome plan to succeed and time to make a much better one. It's even possible from our present perspective that Kane built that monstrous contraption in the middle of Valencia on the very spot Marco Pollo's crew gated there from, and is currently waiting there until the spiral turns back to that known spot, while he works out a quicker plan. Besides, the threat lurking in El Dorado needs to be evaluated, and probably needs to be mitigated permanently before an entirely different Baddie gets there and releases it upon the spiral.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
hey dont steal Mew's catchfrays (sorry not that good at spelling, corse of habit) if everyone uses it, it will get old. DONT KEELHAUL ME
You have a point. A wise director told me once that a special effect used too much just isn't special any more. I try to remember that in any creative projects I contribute to. I only used his catchphrase because I was referring to him and I totally meant to imply that I was only quoting him.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
except that gold is shiny and we want it ^_^

Petty Officer
Jun 02, 2013
Row4n412 on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
There's a logical reason why the PC would be foolish to destroy the map pieces already collected. Sure, that would slow the Armada down, but Kane would not be stopped from eventually completing his "Grand Design" that way. Marco Pollo figured all this stuff out to contrive the map, and Avery said Kane is "smarter than any living being". Couple his intelligence with no inherent age limit and it becomes a certainty that Kane will eventually get to El Dorado. In fact, Kane surely knows how to get to El Dorado already. Since someone (like Catbeard) knows exactly where Pollo's crew entered the stormgate, and what windstone they used to do so (I'm guessing Red), All Kane really has to do is park a battlestation on that spot, and wait for the stormgate to appear. Unless Kane is destroyed, he has time for even that cumbersome plan to succeed and time to make a much better one. It's even possible from our present perspective that Kane built that monstrous contraption in the middle of Valencia on the very spot Marco Pollo's crew gated there from, and is currently waiting there until the spiral turns back to that known spot, while he works out a quicker plan. Besides, the threat lurking in El Dorado needs to be evaluated, and probably needs to be mitigated permanently before an entirely different Baddie gets there and releases it upon the spiral.
never thought of that, mabe we will destroy the grand desien and then get kane, i just wanted to get to polaris or grizzlehiem im paranoid of not going there its in my nightmares not getting there (polaris and grizzilhiem i mean)

Ensign
Oct 19, 2010
Although this theory is well thought out and logical, it has one flaw. A puppet show directly states that "The storm gate to El Dorado never appears in the same place twice, and doesn't stay open for long." That and the battle station in Valencia could just be for home world defense, or worse, pirate eradication. It could even be the "Grand Design" altogether, and we're just throwing the monkey wrench once we get in. As long as our pirate hero sails the spiral while conquering the armada, we qill reach El Dorado first.

-Silver Wolf, 65

Ensign
Feb 19, 2013
I think that we will reach EL DORADO but by the time we get there the game will be over and losing players so right now still waiting for the new world i think its Krokotopia

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Actually, its not that bad of an idea. El Dorado is Kane's key to finishing the Grand Design. No map means no way to ED, and thus, no Grand Design.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Blixet on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
except that gold is shiny and we want it ^_^
I like shiny, it's so shiny and sparkly and makes hawkules stop talking about his dad, also if I hold it right catbeard drops his sword and fish and runs after it, ratbeard laughed until I made the light go on him. And catbeard kept on saying "WHERES THE LIGHT! GIVE IT BACK RATBEARD OR ILL SLAP YOU WITH MY FISH!!! YOULL RUE THE DAY YOU TOOK IT NOW GIVE IT BACK!!!" Then when I showed him the light catbeard used ratbeards face as a launching pad (hate it when my cat does that) and flew off into the tub which he was supposed to go because he smelled like fish. (And a hint of olives, every since he tried it Titus hawkules and Bonnie had to get some more pretty much every day.) *sniff sniff* o. o what smells like hickory smoked sausage... Either it's ratbeard is cooking or he set fire to the meat locker once again. Never should have said he Could explode stuff in there without saying he couldn't touch the thermostat (64° degrees only, saves cash) well since all my meat is on fire (back to the shadow fortress once again) I'll have to go put it out, I'll see you
And yes everyone wants it

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
I agree with chrissy, blind mew wants to get to el dorado just as much as we do

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Dang, wow, maybe it is actually possible that kane know's where el dorado is, and if he gets there... skull island will fall. dun dun DUN!

Petty Officer
Jun 02, 2013
fearless robert sp... on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
I agree with chrissy, blind mew wants to get to el dorado just as much as we do
I want the gold, too but mew sed it is very complicated to get there and with no map, the threat will be gon FOR GOOD but someone may have made a copy ( the armada pillaged a library in Valencia) so they might have a few pieces more than we thought