Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is your pirate's theme song?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
When I found myself decribing my pirate, one of the first thoughts I had was to discover what my pirate's theme song was. For Loyal Sam Underhill, my choice is Street Fighting Man by the Rolling Stones. What is your pirate's theme song?

Loyal Sam Underhill

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Probably Limelight by Rush. i feel like the song just capture the pirate's aspirations to fame, and how they went from the bottom to the top.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
song of storms from legend of Zelda: orceraina ( i duno how to spell that ) of time. i really love the tune

Captain
May 16, 2011
Modest Hank Ironside's theme song would be a robotic-ish song from the Matrix soundtrack. And when he becomes Inspector Hank(AKA Modest Hank Ironside with black fog), his themesong would be a mix of old Sci-Fi
music. Yeah. Sometin' like that.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Hmm, I'm going to have to think some more about that, but I've got a perfect one for my witchdoctor Anneke Nightingale. It's a medieval song from Northern France, with a sweet, lilting tune, a fantasy romance song whose beginning translates pretty much as "Would you like me now to sing/ A love song, sweet and charming.." The song goes on to describe the arrival of a rather magical young woman, who wears a belt of leaves, and a flower-tasseled purse. When asked about who she is and where she comes from, the verse goes:

"Fair one, where do you come from," [is asked] "Renowned France I call my home,/ Where I am of High Degree." [the maiden answers]

"My father's the Nightingale/Whose sweet songs nightly prevail/ Upon the tallest trees.// My mother is the Mermaid/ On far shores are her songs made/ Upon the salty seas."

It's a beautiful song... I don't know if YouTube has any versions of it [Volez-vous que je vous chant] or if they would be anything like the one I sing, but it is a sweet, dreamy song, not the sort of thing one might expect on an ordinary day -- just like Anneke Nightingale. (Though, of course, I sing it often...)

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
Mine is "Song for Marie" by New Monsoon. It's mostly upbeat and easygoing but has to get tough now and then... just like my Privateer.

Check it out and you'll see what I mean.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Quiet Robert on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Mine is "Song for Marie" by New Monsoon. It's mostly upbeat and easygoing but has to get tough now and then... just like my Privateer.

Check it out and you'll see what I mean.
I'll have to look into that. I've never heard of them.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
My pirate's theme song is called Audiomachine: Blitzkrieg. My pirate and his crew fit the translation of Blitzkrieg: Lightning War.

For honor, for glory, for victory! Slick Michael Radcliffe Lvl. 65

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Hmm, Theme songs.
For my new musketteer, Jenny her theme song would definetly be "Maid on the Shore", which is an old celtic (Irish/Scottish) song about a girl who is one day kidnapped by a group of pirates. However, the girl sings the pirate captain and all of his crew to sleep, steals all of their gold, jewels and other treasure, then escapes back to her home.

For Red Scarlet Kidd, I don't of a good theme song for her. I am partial to "Captain Kidd", an old Newfoundland song that is actually based on the real Captain Kidd's repentance speech he made before his execution. The group Great Big Sea recently enough released a version of Captain Kidd.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
I searched "The maid on the Shore" and I liked it.

As for one of Omar Underwood's themes, it's Samhain Eve by Damh the Bard . I think the mysterious and mystical tune matches the shady persona Omar prefers perfectly (that and the soundtrack to Phantom Manor occasionally).

My Swashbuckler, Alexander Hobbes, Would have Raggle Taggle Gipsies because the story of the song mirrors his transition from nobility to piracy.

If you haven't heard these songs or sequences, give them a hear, they are quite lovely.

I would love to hear your opinions and hear your feedback if you you want to give it.

Sincerely,

Impish Omar UnderwoodThe Undead Obeah
Nimble Alexander HobbesThe Gypsy Prince

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
Modest Hank Ironside's theme song would be a robotic-ish song from the Matrix soundtrack. And when he becomes Inspector Hank(AKA Modest Hank Ironside with black fog), his themesong would be a mix of old Sci-Fi
ya i remember inspector hank

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
I am truly enjoying the variety of responses. Some of us enjoy the modern and techie, others classic rock, and other the elder styles. And it's wonderful that all are right for each individual. I have heard Maid on the Shore before and intend to find the others.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Lol i've been thinking about this thread a lot since I first saw it come up, but I honestly didn't know how to respond. Now, I think I've got a clue... Okay, so my swashbuckler character Elizabeth is one of those 'old souls' who prefers, a lot like me, to curl up in a comfortable chair and read all night. For this character, I believe her theme song would be Moonlight by Beethoven, piano sonata no. 14 in C sharp, a calm, relaxing song. For my musketeer character, she's more of a modern punk rocker and loves to just tear up clockworks. Her theme song, I believe, would be I'm Mad by The Dead Weather. Quite a change in music, yet I like them both.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
I think the first Pirate101 review video's music would match my pirates perfectly.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I would say The Warrior Is A Child by Twila Paris. It is on Youtube and has been the song that is me for decades and fits here perfectly.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Moonlight Sonata reminds me of a Muppet Show sketch where Rowlf the dog is playing the piano with a bust of Beethoven slowly falling asleep as he plays that tune. I love musical humor!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
As for my pirates, Emma is the one I'll start with. As she is country, having lived in Cool Ranch and having tastes relevant to that type of music, I'd say her theme song would DEFINITELY be Gunpowder and Lead, a song by Miranda Lambert. It simply describes how reckless she can be and how she doesn't go down without a fight and is the first to want revenge. Yea.

As for Keira, I'd have to say The Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Why? She has hopelessness in multiple situations, having led herself down a broken road somberly. That or Bless the Broken Road which I believe is by the Rascal Flatts.

Those are the only two I could really think of as of now. -sips tea- Well, see y'all!

Ciao!

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
for the record i started that!

Captain
May 02, 2009
I'd say its between Dynamite by Taio Cruz and The Medallion Calls from Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean series.

Coolster50
A Pirate of every Class

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
Some some that has a lot of fail in it I fail so many times I should go to court for it

Ensign
Apr 15, 2011
Gotta be "What i've done" by Linkin Park

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Donny4life on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
Gotta be "What i've done" by Linkin Park
Yay another Linkin Park fan! It's one of my favorite things to listen to, and to play my drums too. I enjoy the speed of the music and the way some of the beats are odd, with three-quarter notes and even fifth notes on some occasions. Definitely a joy and a challenge to play.

~Elizabeth, level 45 ~

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
I'd say silver joseph vane has not just a theme song he has five
1.i am...all of me by crush 40 or just most sonic themes
2.erectin' a river by wazgul i think
3.pappalardo's ice cream parlor from the lego city undercover soundtrack(BTW In my opinion it's a good game if you have a wii u it's worth your time buying it.)
4.war(a tf2 song)
5.extra dispensial by-
Soldier:THAT SCOUT IS A SPY
*spy backstabs soldier*
Spy:clearly they were outclassed

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
For my Swashbuckler, Andrea Landon (Who I'm proud of if I'm being honest), I'd say hers would be 'Infamous' by Motionless In White or 'Hooligans' by Issues. You can look the songs up if you want, they're hardcore bands so you might have to find a video with lyrics .

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
thats a toughie. hmmmm. goofy goober rock! im... im... IM A GOOFY GOOBER!!!

jack nightgale lvl 42 goofy goober.