Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gold vs Gear drops

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Well here i am again mentioning the sorry drops in mooshu. Seems to me that gold drops more frequently than gear does, especially from boss mobs which should be the other way around. I had one good day of gear drops from Maruzame castle got most of the good stuff ( still nothing from metal trial) after 75 attempts not one rare drop ! Im currently working on my third toon going through the game with a witchdoctor and the gear for witchdoctors is even rarer than any other class in the game. I never get any drops for witchdoctor on my witchdoctor i gotta play a different class to get anything at all really sad to see. When i do get something for witchdoctor it is junk all willpower gear with resistance. I understand the need for resist gear but lets face it 90% of this game is all melee. I think most people would agree with me that getting gear drops is far more exciting than gold drops even if it is junk. Would like the metal trial looked into as to why i can go through it 75 times and not get one piece of rare gear from it. I got one piece of gear on my swashbuckler for another class but i wouldnt call it a rare maybe a uncommon drop but definately not rare. Please check metal trial to see if rares are in fact dropping normally cause at this point i cant stand to do another metal trial until its fixed. Like i said before mostly just gold drops from it at least for me anyway. Thanks

Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
Dracorro on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
Well here i am again mentioning the sorry drops in mooshu. Seems to me that gold drops more frequently than gear does, especially from boss mobs which should be the other way around. I had one good day of gear drops from Maruzame castle got most of the good stuff ( still nothing from metal trial) after 75 attempts not one rare drop ! Im currently working on my third toon going through the game with a witchdoctor and the gear for witchdoctors is even rarer than any other class in the game. I never get any drops for witchdoctor on my witchdoctor i gotta play a different class to get anything at all really sad to see. When i do get something for witchdoctor it is junk all willpower gear with resistance. I understand the need for resist gear but lets face it 90% of this game is all melee. I think most people would agree with me that getting gear drops is far more exciting than gold drops even if it is junk. Would like the metal trial looked into as to why i can go through it 75 times and not get one piece of rare gear from it. I got one piece of gear on my swashbuckler for another class but i wouldnt call it a rare maybe a uncommon drop but definately not rare. Please check metal trial to see if rares are in fact dropping normally cause at this point i cant stand to do another metal trial until its fixed. Like i said before mostly just gold drops from it at least for me anyway. Thanks
i usually only have gold drops too..but this has been happening since i started the game. on my witchdoctor who is my first pirate, i have never had to empty my bags and she is level 50 now.. i could probably have went the whole game without selling anything.. I have only gotten a few pieces of witchdoctor gear the whole game..but they are supposed to be adding some drops lets hope it goes well :)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The list of changes currently in the test realm (but which will be going live) is an increased item-drop rate from bosses.

-Michael