Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about Armour

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
Hi there, I am confused about the stats on a peace of gear. The Ivory Lotus Cap the stats read +8 armor and +12 base armor. What is armor vs. base armor? whats the difference?

Thanks,

dylan

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Daft Dylan on Nov 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi there, I am confused about the stats on a peace of gear. The Ivory Lotus Cap the stats read +8 armor and +12 base armor. What is armor vs. base armor? whats the difference?

Thanks,

dylan
their really isn't a difference, its just another way to say armor

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Daft Dylan on Nov 13, 2014 wrote:

Thanks,

dylan
Base Armor is the amount of Armor your Pirate has by default, it's permanent, which means you have your base Armor even after taking gear off, it's the amount Armor you have without the talents and equipment.

Armor is the amount of Armor your Pirate has via equipped items or talents, talents permanently increase your Armor but do not count towards base Armor, whilst equipped items only increase your Armor so long as they are equipped to your character, if you take the item off, you will lose the amount of Armor given to you by that weapon.