Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Parrot Mount from Boochbeard Bundle

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 12, 2010
I claimed the Pirate Parrot Mount from my Boochbeard Bundle, and I really don't think that it's going as fast as it should be. The stats on it say "very fast", but I can actually walk just as fast as the parrot is flying.

I used the Thunderous Kirin during Beta testing. That one did travel "very fast".

Can we get the parrot to move a little more quickly?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I concur - the speed of the Parrot is disappointing compared the Pony mount I used during Beta.

Ensign
Jul 25, 2011
I also have the Parrot mount. My issue is the size!! Huge! Can't see much and a lot of blind spots. To get onto sigils, and have them light, you have to overshoot them. Consequently on docks my Pirate has boarded other ships due to the sigil being right next to my ships sigil, add in the blind spots and grrrrr and argh!
Frustrating mount so far.

Ensign
Sep 24, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 9, 2012 wrote:
I concur - the speed of the Parrot is disappointing compared the Pony mount I used during Beta.
And the wings obscure ones vision... I want my parrot to hurtle through the air with her wings against her side !!! Or she will be spending most of her time in her cage with the cover on

Ensign
Jul 04, 2009
I can attest that it is faster than being on foot, as I am past quite often.

Ensign
Jul 07, 2012
I was thinking the same thing too.... the parrot seems slow.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
AlexandriaRuby on Oct 9, 2012 wrote:
I also have the Parrot mount. My issue is the size!! Huge! Can't see much and a lot of blind spots. To get onto sigils, and have them light, you have to overshoot them. Consequently on docks my Pirate has boarded other ships due to the sigil being right next to my ships sigil, add in the blind spots and grrrrr and argh!
Frustrating mount so far.
I assume you don't zoom out all the way. If you zoom out all the way then you can see more of the area around you.

As for the speed issue, it's definitely faster than running on foot, trust me.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
It *seems* slow, but I tested this last night by flying along beside a crown-shop kirin, and we stayed neck in neck, so obviously they go the same speed. Kirin is "Very Fast" like the parrot.

It's just an optical illusion, likely because the stupid bird is so oversized. At least, sure seems that way.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2011
I'm wondering where the Turtle Mount went He is awesome. So, where is the turtle

Myst

Ensign
Jan 11, 2012
mystbec on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
I'm wondering where the Turtle Mount went He is awesome. So, where is the turtle

Myst
they said in one of the hotfixes during beta that he was removed, i am not sure of the reason anymore.

curse my fuzzy memory..

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
allanontheseer on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
they said in one of the hotfixes during beta that he was removed, i am not sure of the reason anymore.

curse my fuzzy memory..
They claimed the turtle was "Oversized".

Obviously they haven't looked at the gargantuan parrot yet. Or tried being mounted on it while in any "dungeon", like Ancient Tunnels.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2011
Thank you elfrun. I missed that one. too bad as it was fun

fuzzy memory too

Ensign
Jul 27, 2011
I think it would have been cool to choose between different mounts. I personally do not like the big mounts. So I have found that even though I have the parrot mount, I have been walking everywhere rather than using the mount. I guess I'll just wait till my birthday on the 25th to spend some money on crowns for a decent mount. In any case, the mount is fast. Just not easy to use, which makes me feel like I am missing something special from a package, since I cannot really use the mount I paid for. I have the same problem of overshooting a sigil or boarding the wrong ship.

Is there an alternative mount we can have?

Ensign
Jul 01, 2009
I guess I am in the minority here, but I love my parrot mount. I will admit that I am used to the bigger mounts and they do not bother me much. Compared to the bird mounts on Wizzy, these are smaller and more compact. If anything, I wish their wing flapping slowed down a bit, but that would be my only complaint. For the really, really tight places, I bought one of the pony mounts.

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
I do like the parrot mount and use it all the time as it is very fast, however I have had a few problems with it like everyone else.

It seems to get stuck on corners when wandering around, especially in Puerto Mico where everything is so small.

It is rather oversized for the game, however as a "free" mount is is not so bad. I mainly purchased the Boochbeard bundle for the beta access and the year's membership so overall I am happy.

Ensign
Jun 20, 2010
i bought the boochbeard bundle and the parrot mount is locked for me did any have any trouble with that also when they bought that bundle or is just me plz help me out here

Administrator
barb031000 on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
i bought the boochbeard bundle and the parrot mount is locked for me did any have any trouble with that also when they bought that bundle or is just me plz help me out here
The Parrot Mount should only appear locked if you're in an area where you aren't able to mount the Parrot. Can you check it out for me and see if that's the case? Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 20, 2010
yes that was the case it was locked when i was inside but when i went outside it came unlocked thank you for your help in this

Ensign
May 01, 2012
Yeah the parrot is faster then on foot , I also bought myself the lobster mount for tight areas like the Ancient tunnels...plus the lobster fits my characters name Crabby!