Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Holiday Hybrids?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Does anyone know of any? Or possibly suspect a formula? Post here!

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
I don't know of any but here is one i'd like to see in the game

A Red Nose Jackaloup! Possible combination: a jackaloup with the red baubaloon(sp)

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Been to Bestia recently? The runners on the track have changed. Went and bought a red baubleloon last night, already have a loyal candy cane dragon from last year. Will see what happens, haha. Probably nothing out of the ordinary.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Daft Dylan on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
I don't know of any but here is one i'd like to see in the game

A Red Nose Jackaloup! Possible combination: a jackaloup with the red baubaloon(sp)
Genius!

I'd love to see some sort of gingerbread man - maybe mech golem + red Buabaloon = ginger golem?

Toasted Mashadillows?

Candy Cane Critters?

~Clumsy Calamity

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity PixieShad... on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
Genius!

I'd love to see some sort of gingerbread man - maybe mech golem + red Buabaloon = ginger golem?

Toasted Mashadillows?

Candy Cane Critters?

~Clumsy Calamity
Toasted Marshadillows I love it

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
How about an Ice Scarab and Ratbeard for a.......Snowflake! Oh wait, companion morphing hasn't happened yet.

Then how about the new Frog, with a Christmas pet that grants Turn the Tide for a........
- YuleTide Frog

Or maybe the Bullrog with a new Chocolate Lab pet for Hot Cocoa!

Chestnut Buffaloon with the Fire Toad could = Chestnut on Hoppin' Fire

Maybe a new Manta Ray pet with the Crimson Crawlie for......Manta Claws (complete with red cheeks, a beard, Santa Hat and holding a bowl full of jelly that jiggles as it follows you around).

Raindance Walktopus with the Jackalope for a Rain Deer.

A Red Baubleloon with a Ebon Spectre could be a Christmas Spirit!

A new Starfish pet with the Hoggle could be......BethleHam Star.

The Frostbiter hybrid with a Jackalope for Jack Frost!

hmm, I know there's more in here, I'll be back-- have to hang upside down for a few!

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
Marshadillos gingerbread candy canes. This topic is making me hungry

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Calamity PixieShad... on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
Genius!

Toasted Mashadillows?

Candy Cane Critters?

~Clumsy Calamity
Had an idea for pets similar to that, although mine was more of a Molten Marshadillow pet, not too sure if Pirates prefer molten pets over toasted ones.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Green Babfuloon+ Red Babfuloon = Candiloon a hypothetical holiday hybrid with green and red stripes or spots. A Babfuloon that resemble a tir-colored candy cane,with a third color is added upon hatching from a hypothetical egg the holiday candy egg.

Now that is one pet waiting to be discovered a Candiloon.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Just Another Pirat... on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
Been to Bestia recently? The runners on the track have changed. Went and bought a red baubleloon last night, already have a loyal candy cane dragon from last year. Will see what happens, haha. Probably nothing out of the ordinary.
Was just out at Bestia and see the runners on the track are back to the normal ones for there. Now bunnycorn and the bipedal, antlered, orange and purple critter - faunfawn or something it's called?

My red baubleloon isn't old enough yet to try morphing and I just spent my gold on other morphs so back to farming.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Omg! Holiday pets make hybrids does this finally mean that the blue and pink Chocolopes make the blue and pink Bunnicorn?!?!?!?

Go hatch hatch hatch!

~Clumsy Calamity (Calamity PixieShade)

Community Leader
I just want to remind you to also try to figure out holiday combos, but do NOT use any card pets since Decius did confirm that there's NO hybrids from card pets.

If you need help with figuring out ideas of holiday combos, check out my blog post.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
Frozenmuskets on Dec 7, 2014 wrote:
Does anyone know of any? Or possibly suspect a formula? Post here!
I saw a green and reddish scarab a minute ago in the morph tent .Unfortunately the person had text chat so I couldn't find out more information about it...I'm sure that one of the parents is a skittering Ice scarab though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CrazyVito on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
I saw a green and reddish scarab a minute ago in the morph tent .Unfortunately the person had text chat so I couldn't find out more information about it...I'm sure that one of the parents is a skittering Ice scarab though.
Welcome to the message boards Vito
Now you have my curiosity piqued and I hope more will surface on this. Perhaps you could get a screenshot next time and put it on Central and then link it to your post and we can all discuss it over some yumcake.

Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
Thank you for the welcome. I Wish I could relay more information on the hybrid I saw earlier but it happened so so fast,and the owner was in and out of the morph tent really quick. But, from my observations, I can say this much

1. One of the parents is an ice scarab...Its features are exactly those of an Ice scarab. The pets name is "Scarab" (like Frog..No thrills no frills)
2. It's coloring was Christmas themed (Greenish,reddish), without being over the top like the Santa claws or ostrich.
3. I believe the purple in the skitters and crawls hint represents cold. So we need to think outside the box on future hints.

anyway knowing one of the parents should at least narrow the search a bit. Hopefully we can knock this one out the park in the next few days.

Community Leader
CrazyVito on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for the welcome. I Wish I could relay more information on the hybrid I saw earlier but it happened so so fast,and the owner was in and out of the morph tent really quick. But, from my observations, I can say this much

1. One of the parents is an ice scarab...Its features are exactly those of an Ice scarab. The pets name is "Scarab" (like Frog..No thrills no frills)
2. It's coloring was Christmas themed (Greenish,reddish), without being over the top like the Santa claws or ostrich.
3. I believe the purple in the skitters and crawls hint represents cold. So we need to think outside the box on future hints.

anyway knowing one of the parents should at least narrow the search a bit. Hopefully we can knock this one out the park in the next few days.
Could that be the Coconut Crawlie? It does have a green shell and reddish/purple arms and claws.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
CrazyVito on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:

-----Update------

I can personally confirm that the pet "Scarab" is NOT a hybrid at all and is in fact a dropped pet. This pet is a confirmed drop from the Zenda backdoor dungeon in Monquista. This adds a new pet to the gene pool and I cant wait to find out what hybrids it makes.