Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Welcome to a new world companion!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 27, 2014
If you enter a new world, shouldn't you get a gift companion? You could have a choice of two. For example, if you enter marleybone. You could either try a cat smuggler or a dog pirate. Same for aquila, except with eagles.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
In Marleybone, everyone got Gracie Conrad and CatBeard! I also think every class got 1 other companion, or had the option to.

In Aquila, everyone got Zeena Princess Warrior and Hercules! I also believe every class got 1 other companion or had the option to get another companion.

These are the world companions that are gifts, are they not?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Why? We already get companions through the main or side quest storylines.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
KingOfCoolRanch on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
If you enter a new world, shouldn't you get a gift companion? You could have a choice of two. For example, if you enter marleybone. You could either try a cat smuggler or a dog pirate. Same for aquila, except with eagles.
Why? We get so many companions along the way already that just moving into a new world shouldn't automatically get us another. All that would do is up the number of complaints that "some companion or other doesn't get a promotion", or that "some class or other got a cooler companion than I did" or that "I have too many companions that are no good". Well, that and mean that KI would need to pull resources off doing something that might progress the story to develop and animate the new companions.

Would these companions just think "Oh, human! Gonna go join him/her!" or would there be some vaguely logical reason for them to want to join your crew? If the latter, then KI would have to develop that story as well.

Would you anticipate the folks who have already moved through that world would just magically find a new crew member in the roster?

Don't get me wrong. I love the idea of getting more companions and cheerfully buy them; I just don't see how this particular game milestone would justify it.

This post probably reads rather more snarkily than I mean it to. Sorry about that.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
KingOfCoolRanch on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
have a few problems,considering if your a privateer,privateers would be either be too overpowered or to stressful. but it's a good idea,but how-a-bout it's crown shop unlockuables instead.
skull island example.
Human Pirate(kinda like the henchmen but a fully fledged companion)/cuttthroat pirate.
Monquista example:Holy Monquistan/Monquistan Guard.
Dragonspyre example:Zombie Pirate/Dragon
Valencia Example:Unicorn/Hacked armada troop.
Cool Ranch:Bison/Chicken Lawman.
Mooshu:Ninja Pig/Samoorai.
Marleybone:same as yours.
Aquila:eagle/ophidian.