Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I see the quest images are pouring in so far.

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Nice that someone's getting the task done on the central wiki, but I have one thing to say... Can anyone place in companion choice dependent images? There is still, for examples, Subodai, Lucky Jack Russell, Mormo, and pretty much, anyone else you've missed. There are still class choice dependent companions with different quotes, along with others. Can anyone place them and arrange them in a somewhat order? I mean to say is, there's other companions besides the one's anyone's shared on the central wiki. If anyone else feels like there's some missing, please let them know. Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Trimond297 on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
Nice that someone's getting the task done on the central wiki, but I have one thing to say... Can anyone place in companion choice dependent images? There is still, for examples, Subodai, Lucky Jack Russell, Mormo, and pretty much, anyone else you've missed. There are still class choice dependent companions with different quotes, along with others. Can anyone place them and arrange them in a somewhat order? I mean to say is, there's other companions besides the one's anyone's shared on the central wiki. If anyone else feels like there's some missing, please let them know. Thanks!
I may be too tired, but I am not sure what you are asking. Could you please elaborate?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
I may be too tired, but I am not sure what you are asking. Could you please elaborate?
Of course. I shall explain this to you.

To be clear, there are other Companions, besides the ones contributors chose to place their dialogue in the many main story and side quests, that say their different dialogue lines that follows on the same situation as others did in the storyline, depending on how players make their choices in the tutorial's Puppet Show portion that affects on how they receive certain Companions as they progress, based on the choices of loss of the Pirates' parents, class choice, and world origin of which they were raised in. Doesn't anyone remember this? Perhaps they've had their hands full with the game to forget to remember and realize that they could include different companions' dialogue from different classes and origin choices.

Think of the other Companions in groups of 5, that is to say, the MooShu 5, Kraken Skulls 5, and the Presidio 5. Just because one of the choice dependent Companions from the groups of 5 have already placed their lines in the wiki, doesn't mean that their lines should be the only ones in the dialogue images. Say if anyone were to visit the quests' dialogue images and say "That's the only one of the Companions who says that? What if there are others who wish to have their lines placed in?". It feels like they're left out of this.

For example, Wing Chun's lines have been placed in some quests to the central wiki, but Subodai, Kan Po, Kobe Yojimbo, and Egg Shen have not had their lines placed in these quests yet. Then, Milo Graytail of the Presidio 5 may have some of his lines in the dialogue, but not Dead Mike, Birgus Latro, Gaspard De Vole, and Lucky Jack Russell's lines as well. And finally, Emmet from the Kraken Skulls 5 have some of his lines in the many quests, but not Sarah Steele, Barnabus, Mormo, and Louis Le Bisque's lines, too.

I think these quests in the central wiki should be revisited to include these different companion dialogue lines in them, but place them in a more circular manner, so that this way, others will know of how different Companions in certain parts of the story follow the same plot situation. Picture this in your head and figure this out.

Does that help you? If not, by least, I'm sure anyone else can explain this. If so, then perhaps you'll get the idea.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Trimond297 on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
Of course. I shall explain this to you.

To be clear, there are other Companions, besides the ones contributors chose to place their dialogue in the many main story and side quests, that say their different dialogue lines that follows on the same situation as others did in the storyline, depending on how players make their choices in the tutorial's Puppet Show portion that affects on how they receive certain Companions as they progress, based on the choices of loss of the Pirates' parents, class choice, and world origin of which they were raised in. Doesn't anyone remember this? Perhaps they've had their hands full with the game to forget to remember and realize that they could include different companions' dialogue from different classes and origin choices.

Think of the other Companions in groups of 5, that is to say, the MooShu 5, Kraken Skulls 5, and the Presidio 5. Just because one of the choice dependent Companions from the groups of 5 have already placed their lines in the wiki, doesn't mean that their lines should be the only ones in the dialogue images. Say if anyone were to visit the quests' dialogue images and say "That's the only one of the Companions who says that? What if there are others who wish to have their lines placed in?". It feels like they're left out of this.

For example, Wing Chun's lines have been placed in some quests to the central wiki, but Subodai, Kan Po, Kobe Yojimbo, and Egg Shen have not had their lines placed in these quests yet. Then, Milo Graytail of the Presidio 5 may have some of his lines in the dialogue, but not Dead Mike, Birgus Latro, Gaspard De Vole, and Lucky Jack Russell's lines as well. And finally, Emmet from the Kraken Skulls 5 have some of his lines in the many quests, but not Sarah Steele, Barnabus, Mormo, and Louis Le Bisque's lines, too.

I think these quests in the central wiki should be revisited to include these different companion dialogue lines in them, but place them in a more circular manner, so that this way, others will know of how different Companions in certain parts of the story follow the same plot situation. Picture this in your head and figure this out.

Does that help you? If not, by least, I'm sure anyone else can explain this. If so, then perhaps you'll get the idea.
I think the problem is that there is sooooo much more to updating the wiki than most could even imaging, and only a 'handful' of contributors/players that are helping the wiki masters. Every single item in the game needs to be accounted for in more than 1, 2, 3, 4 or even 5 ways. Right now, I believe that there are only 3 wiki masters that are 'in charge' of this massive undertaking. Meanwhile, there are hundreds of thousands, even millions, that play the game, but not a lot of players that help update the wiki. Anyone who is a member of P101 central and plays the game can contribute and update the dialogues that you are referring to as well as most of what is found on the wiki.

I have seen first hand that the wiki masters have been working feverishly to try and bring things more up to date, but it is hard for 3 people to do by themselves. Yes, there are a bunch of players, including myself, that have recently been contributing to and updating the wiki but quite honestly it would be nice if more people would step up and help out. One of the wiki masters alone has over 25,000 edits/contribs yet that hasn't even made much of a dent when you look at the mass of data, gear, items, dialogues, NPCs, events, quests, creatures, locations, files, images, drops, etc. that make up this massive game. Unless more players step up and learn the ins and outs of editing and contributing, it will be hard for the wiki masters, and the few other that do help, to keep up and fill in all of the content.

Once you get the hang of it, it is not too difficult to do and it is quite fun and rewarding actually...and addictive might I add. So, I would suggest that if there is something in the wiki that you would like to see updated, maybe you could make it a challenge to help update it- you never know, you just might find a new interesting hobby. It is free to register on central and most of us here are already playing the game already, so the rest is just learning how to do it and taking that first step. It is a major 'project' and the more players helping out, the better in my opinion.

Community Leader
I believe I know what your referring to as far as information, however it appears to me, your asking here about content on the Pirate101 Central Wiki, which is 100% managed by Pirate101Central, and no one here (unless one of the posters/pirates posting here is one of their Wikimasters).

I would recommend inquiring on central about central wiki's content!!!

Happy Pirating!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Dr Zeppers on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
I believe I know what your referring to as far as information, however it appears to me, your asking here about content on the Pirate101 Central Wiki, which is 100% managed by Pirate101Central, and no one here (unless one of the posters/pirates posting here is one of their Wikimasters).

Happy Pirating!
That's the idea. I do tend to visit there from time to time to see how it's doing so far.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oh ok I see what you mean. Very good explanation there. I haven't done any dialogue contributions in the Wiki yet. I am not even sure if you can include more than one. It could be a case of if the dialogue spot is filled, then if another is entered it will replace the one already there. I do not know this for sure. Dr. Zeppers has a great point. I would copy your post and paste it into a message for one of the Wiki masters and ask them. They are the experts on how it works. I am a total beginner in learning how to update it judging from the amount of Wiki Woopise letters I am still getting from Darkheart, lol

Ensign
Dec 18, 2009
This is something that came up recently among the Wiki Masters - while it is something we would love to implement for precision in the Wiki, right now we just don't have the manpower to do this kind of update to the Quest Template.

The change to the Quest template itself could be a bit complex and actually putting it into use in quest pages in itself could be a daunting task to some people depending on how which path we take with this. Once we do actually update the Quest Template and confirm it's working correctly then we need to go through every Quest page and edit it to correctly display the "tab" to allow the display of the dialogue from each varied companion. Along with that the Wiki Masters would need to move every image associated with this change as their file name would no longer be "File:(Quest) [PAGENAME] Dialogue #.png" but rather "File:(Quest) [PAGENAME] Dialogue #-#.png". A small change but it's needed to correctly display the image in the Quest pages.

Hopefully this is something we'll be able to take on soon, the Wiki has seen a lot of growth over the past year and a half - We're always looking for suggestions so feel free to share those in the Wiki Forum on Central(I might see them here).

Darkheart
Wiki Master

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Oh ok I see what you mean. Very good explanation there. I haven't done any dialogue contributions in the Wiki yet. I am not even sure if you can include more than one. It could be a case of if the dialogue spot is filled, then if another is entered it will replace the one already there. I do not know this for sure. Dr. Zeppers has a great point. I would copy your post and paste it into a message for one of the Wiki masters and ask them. They are the experts on how it works. I am a total beginner in learning how to update it judging from the amount of Wiki Woopise letters I am still getting from Darkheart, lol
Like learning how to captain your ship and command your crew! It's a reference joke, mind you. Trying to lay out some pirate humor, here. (sigh) But, in all seriousness, I get you. It's difficult for you at first, but you'll get the hang of it in due time. No pressure, no rush.

Well, here's the solutions I can think of for the moment.

Option 1. Why don't you ask the Wiki Masters to give the Wiki an upgrade to allow it to have dialogue image tree branching from other Companions in groups of 5 only instead of one of the 5 having their lines in them? That might help. Think of this and picture it in your head.

Option 2. Place arrows on dialogue images for more than one Companion in the quest dialogue images to bypass the image spot replacement problem. It's what I can picture of in my head if that doesn't work.

If anyone else has other ideas for this, I don't mind.

Community Leader
Trimond297 on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Like learning how to captain your ship and command your crew! It's a reference joke, mind you. Trying to lay out some pirate humor, here. (sigh) But, in all seriousness, I get you. It's difficult for you at first, but you'll get the hang of it in due time. No pressure, no rush.

Well, here's the solutions I can think of for the moment.

Option 1. Why don't you ask the Wiki Masters to give the Wiki an upgrade to allow it to have dialogue image tree branching from other Companions in groups of 5 only instead of one of the 5 having their lines in them? That might help. Think of this and picture it in your head.

Option 2. Place arrows on dialogue images for more than one Companion in the quest dialogue images to bypass the image spot replacement problem. It's what I can picture of in my head if that doesn't work.

If anyone else has other ideas for this, I don't mind.
Not bad ideas at all, you should make such recommendations to the wiki masters (at pirate101central).

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Dr Zeppers on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:

Happy Pirating!
Anyone can edit the wiki, not just the wiki masters.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Pirates in the Sky on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Anyone can edit the wiki, not just the wiki masters.
This is true, but only the masters can change how it is designed.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Zane D on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
This is something that came up recently among the Wiki Masters - while it is something we would love to implement for precision in the Wiki, right now we just don't have the manpower to do this kind of update to the Quest Template.

The change to the Quest template itself could be a bit complex and actually putting it into use in quest pages in itself could be a daunting task to some people depending on how which path we take with this. Once we do actually update the Quest Template and confirm it's working correctly then we need to go through every Quest page and edit it to correctly display the "tab" to allow the display of the dialogue from each varied companion. Along with that the Wiki Masters would need to move every image associated with this change as their file name would no longer be "File:(Quest) [PAGENAME] Dialogue #.png" but rather "File:(Quest) [PAGENAME] Dialogue #-#.png". A small change but it's needed to correctly display the image in the Quest pages.

Hopefully this is something we'll be able to take on soon, the Wiki has seen a lot of growth over the past year and a half - We're always looking for suggestions so feel free to share those in the Wiki Forum on Central(I might see them here).

Darkheart
Wiki Master
I sent some options to provide ways to get around it not long ago, because I have hopes that a Wiki master, such as you, for example, would pass this on to the others and for them to implement one of these solutions. Just providing some good solutions, you know?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
I think the problem is that there is sooooo much more to updating the wiki than most could even imaging, and only a 'handful' of contributors/players that are helping the wiki masters. Every single item in the game needs to be accounted for in more than 1, 2, 3, 4 or even 5 ways. Right now, I believe that there are only 3 wiki masters that are 'in charge' of this massive undertaking. Meanwhile, there are hundreds of thousands, even millions, that play the game, but not a lot of players that help update the wiki. Anyone who is a member of P101 central and plays the game can contribute and update the dialogues that you are referring to as well as most of what is found on the wiki.

I have seen first hand that the wiki masters have been working feverishly to try and bring things more up to date, but it is hard for 3 people to do by themselves. Yes, there are a bunch of players, including myself, that have recently been contributing to and updating the wiki but quite honestly it would be nice if more people would step up and help out. One of the wiki masters alone has over 25,000 edits/contribs yet that hasn't even made much of a dent when you look at the mass of data, gear, items, dialogues, NPCs, events, quests, creatures, locations, files, images, drops, etc. that make up this massive game. Unless more players step up and learn the ins and outs of editing and contributing, it will be hard for the wiki masters, and the few other that do help, to keep up and fill in all of the content.

Once you get the hang of it, it is not too difficult to do and it is quite fun and rewarding actually...and addictive might I add. So, I would suggest that if there is something in the wiki that you would like to see updated, maybe you could make it a challenge to help update it- you never know, you just might find a new interesting hobby. It is free to register on central and most of us here are already playing the game already, so the rest is just learning how to do it and taking that first step. It is a major 'project' and the more players helping out, the better in my opinion.
What? Only three Wiki Masters? Really? That's so much work out of so little people. No wonder progress in the Central Wiki's been slow lately. I don't know how many Wiki Masters are there in the Wizard101 Central Wiki, but I'm pretty sure there's much more than three of them contributing there.

Still, the Wiki Masters need many more helpers to become masters themselves, and I believe there should be more. They're way overbooked on helping the Pirate101 Central Wiki, so they should at least focus on training more newcomers to become Wiki Masters.