Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

recruit level 67 companion

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
I am worried about what level my Companion will be (Handsome Dan in this case) because I might be getting him 7 days from now and I'm a level 65 and don't know if I can promote him all 3 times! Did any fellow Level 65 have this problem!

P.S. I LOVE HANDSOME DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Usually when you get a Companion that is past the normal promotion level, Epic Powers/Talents can be chosen from the Companion Management Interface (press 'u') along with the attributes that can be added by clicking the icon of the Companion with the Yellow Lightning Bolt on their icon.

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
SlightlyMadWizard on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
Usually when you get a Companion that is past the normal promotion level, Epic Powers/Talents can be chosen from the Companion Management Interface (press 'u') along with the attributes that can be added by clicking the icon of the Companion with the Yellow Lightning Bolt on their icon.
do you know if you can still physically promote that companion as in positively changing it's look?

- Strong Any Armstrong level 65 -

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Probably you will be able to promote Companions recruited who have a level of 67. Of course, your Pirate would have to be able to increase in level and, with a level cap of 65, we'll probably have to wait till at least one or more new worlds comes out.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
manateeloverman on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
do you know if you can still physically promote that companion as in positively changing it's look?

- Strong Any Armstrong level 65 -
You'll still be able to promote him. I've bought a companion in the crown shop one time (Subodai's twin ) and I was able to promote him from each form/promotion by using gold.

Hansom Dan is a card companion, am I correct..? If so, then he should promote as well. Here's a link to what he (and many other companions) will look like after each promotion