Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid Odyssey for Decius

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
Sing in me Decius and through me tell the riddle of a hybrid who sneaks by, brings joy to everyone he meets, cheats in battles, and takes 10 years to be discovered.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Buccaneer Boy on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
Sing in me Decius and through me tell the riddle of a hybrid who sneaks by, brings joy to everyone he meets, cheats in battles, and takes 10 years to be discovered.
Squawk Squawk, chirp chirp.
Sang in the words of my people. Don't even try to translate it.

Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
I don't speak Aquilan Linear A or Linear B. Mind clearing things up?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
''Wet Dandilion True No''?

That's vague.I see why you told me not to translate it,deciphering that took my 25 minutes.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Interesting riddle!I love riddles!

So I thought to share some of my own finding based on The Hoodoo master's reply - ''Wet Dandilion True No''

Not sure what would Wet stand for, but Dandelion (if we assume that is the word Decius wanted us to find) originates its name from French word dent-de-lion also known as Lion's Tooth.

True No might mean Trueno as one word. Trueno is a Spanish word and when translated means thunder, or to be more precise Clap of Thunder.

This might mean nothing, but on the other hand it might be correct path on discovering the lion hybrid.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Riddles & ciphers of new hybrids to find all alike, delivered by Decius. You never stop to astound us with them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
''Wet Dandilion True No''?

That's vague.I see why you told me not to translate it,deciphering that took my 25 minutes.
That's a bit simplified. My text books on Aquilan languages ( Bullfinch's Guide ) translates that as "Dewy dandelion of truth, say not nay!" Since a dandelion ( from the Polarion: dent de lion or lion's tooth ) may refer to Manticores perhaps a manticore may become available.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Trimond297 on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
Riddles & ciphers of new hybrids to find all alike, delivered by Decius. You never stop to astound us with them.
For real, there was no clue or riddle in what I said there.
If there was I would let you know.

No clues right now. But there are still a bunch out there for you to find and many more in the works.

Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:

No clues right now. But there are still a bunch out there for you to find and many more in the works.
Not even one? I wrote an epic for you. At least I had it easier than Homer. (Pun intended.)

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:

We're still doing our best to uncover more hybrids.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
The librarian was the only one who could translate the language of the birds....it was used to help him find Shangri-La how interesting....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Well, he took time deciphering it. That took effort! Why don't you add one! I know it must be so on the tip of your beak to break all the secrets, so why don't you give a hard, and real clue to us to the oldest hybrid we've missed. Or, just give us the most puzzling name to one of the hybrids and let us figure it out. Come on, I beat you in a sparring match, is that enough? Thirty times in a row?