Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Better girl clothing.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 23, 2011
To be honest, I would really like to see some better clothing options for girls in the game. Many outfits that girls can wear are boy outfits. I wouldn't mind a few off the shoulder tops for swashbuckler girls, something like what Bonnie Anne has on, or maybe a Sarah Steele type outfit for girls. Or maybe a mustang sally like outfit. I'm asking for anything explict since this IS a FAMILY game, Just stuff that are a little more feminine like Madame Vadima's gypsy outfit. To be honest, its really weird to see a girl wear a tuxedo. And they can for girls only, not boys. I think you guys should start catagorizing boy clothes from girl clothes and making more girl stuff.

Please and thankies.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Good ideas & welcome to the boards Tundra Cloth. I am looking forward to seeing what else you have up your idea sleeve.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh yes, Tundra Cloth (interesting name... I love the tundra plants and lichens, though I have never actually been to a tundra except on a mountain top...oops, distracted again)

I would indeed love more feminine clothes, especially in an Age of Pirates period-ish style (ie, 16th - 18th C. approximately, though Aquila would benefit from lovely Greek chitons and decorated Roman tunicas available for us, I think). My girl buccaneer of course needs to wear armor, and armor is sensible for my privateer, but my other girls would jump at the chance to wear pretty clothes. My swashbuckler Anne likes her 18th C. gentleman's suit, which is attractive, but she would really love to wear a gown! She'd have to learn to manage a gown with those flips in the air, though.

I will say that my witchdoctor Anneke got early on a very cute outfit with a laced leather bodice, grass skirt, and a necklace of flowers and oddments that I thought was very feminine indeed. And a leather bodice, for those characters who can wear light armor, could be reasonably considered as light armor (this is the kind of post that I wish I could draw pictures for; easier to explain with pictures than words, oh well).

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Agreed...one of my pirates (my privateer) is designed around a more 'girly' theme, and I would love to put her in a more feminine outfit. I had hopes for Marleybone, but nothing really fit the bill. The robes we can find in Aquila are close, but a bit too baggy and shapeless...again, not really what I'm looking for...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I would like to add, that even though I would indeed appreciate more feminine clothing, I think the costuming of Pirate101 is very well done indeed. I really love the details, from the braid trim on a coat, to shoe buckles, to the front fly buttons on the breeches of some Marleybonians, the buttonholes (goodness knows I've made enough of those in real life on 18th C. men's garments), the stitching details on the Mooshu armor, Egg Shen's cherry blossoms on his haori... I could go on, but you get the idea.

Ensign
Sep 11, 2012
No way, Kingsisle learned from Wizard101 they should never do this.

Community Leader
Who am I to go against such a request....

I agree would be nice if the girls had some slightly more feminine garb to wear. Although when it came to pirating, even the female pirates I have seen actually did wear garb more attuned to "male", likely because it was more appropriate for battle/fighting when such activity was required.

I read the comment about the "off the shoulder tops" however, and it reminded me of comments early on that I had read where some people of some religions were offended with this sort of garb. Even asked that the companions garb be changed. As I recall the situation basically was diffused with the situation being that the companions wearing such garb were "animals", not human.

If this were made available for our pirates however, our pirates ARE human. This could be an issue.
Not with me, but with some!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Monquistans78 on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Um... why? Were guys dressing up as girls or something, lol.

That's what's funny about the clothes in this game. If a guy dresses as a girl, it look funny, but when a girl dresses as a guy, it looks epic, lol

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Monquistans78 on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
I too would love some more girly clothing. When I found out that Marleybone was coming I got excited thinking of the types of clothing Marleybone had in W101 with the various dresses and skirts. I was somewhat disappointed when I got to Marleybone in pirates and found only military and factory worker outfits. I still love these outfits, I was just disappointed not to see a single dress or gown.

Monquistans78, if you are referring to the comments about the wizard101 Halloween costume, that was a different issue. That was about not giving players an option between the skeleton costume and the witch costume. I was included in the group of players that were disappointed that at Halloween my female wizard could only dress up as a witch. If you really consider it, there's not much difference between a female wizard and a witch. (I did love the boots that came with that costume and kept stitching to all the other boots I used).

We aren't complaining about what the P101 team has given us, we just want a mix of more feminine looking gear.

Community Leader
I guess, I'm thinking backwards. I've been hoping more of the clothes we get in Pirate101 slips over to Wizard101. I love the styles in Pirate101.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Ensign
Sep 11, 2012
CdeWinter on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
I too would love some more girly clothing. When I found out that Marleybone was coming I got excited thinking of the types of clothing Marleybone had in W101 with the various dresses and skirts. I was somewhat disappointed when I got to Marleybone in pirates and found only military and factory worker outfits. I still love these outfits, I was just disappointed not to see a single dress or gown.

Monquistans78, if you are referring to the comments about the wizard101 Halloween costume, that was a different issue. That was about not giving players an option between the skeleton costume and the witch costume. I was included in the group of players that were disappointed that at Halloween my female wizard could only dress up as a witch. If you really consider it, there's not much difference between a female wizard and a witch. (I did love the boots that came with that costume and kept stitching to all the other boots I used).

We aren't complaining about what the P101 team has given us, we just want a mix of more feminine looking gear.
If you want to know what I am talking about, play "Tomb Raider." They are just making girls look like nothing more than statues to look at. I already am uncomfortable looking at Sarah Steele, Bonnie Anne, and Mustang Sally. If every girl pirate in the game looked like that, I would probably quit it.

Ensign
Sep 11, 2012
Bloody Belle on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:

That's what's funny about the clothes in this game. If a guy dresses as a girl, it look funny, but when a girl dresses as a guy, it looks epic, lol
If you`re talking about Kvtasmania`s clothes, it`s called a kilt.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Bloody Belle on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:

XD In Zafaria, we're given a cloak that goes down to the character's ankles, making it look like a dress. That's just one of the several girly-boy outfits in the game. Of course, they're not all like that (and even as a girl I tend to avoid those outfits), but I imagine KI got bad feedback from that, especially because these 'dresses' were some of the best outfits, status-wise.

I would truly love to dress like Bonnie Anne or Sarah Steele! IRL, I design clothes all the time, and lately the clothes that I design are either dresses for me, or Pirate101 outfits for my characters. Like I've already drawn Jade's clothes in Role Play, and Lizzy's clothes in Roleplay II. I plan on drawing Sarah Steele's, Catbeard's, Bonnie Anne's, and Old Scratch's (with some modifications) outfits too, because these are the clothes that I imagine my pirate characters to wear. Also, I've been working on a few Polaris-themed outfits (drawing, of course, because the best I can do as far as sewing is making my dog's chew toy last ever so slightly longer), and I'm very happy with these outfits (I hope that KI might use them!).

I vote for more feminine outfits!

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
WinterTundra2 on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
To be honest, I would really like to see some better clothing options for girls in the game. Many outfits that girls can wear are boy outfits. I wouldn't mind a few off the shoulder tops for swashbuckler girls, something like what Bonnie Anne has on, or maybe a Sarah Steele type outfit for girls. Or maybe a mustang sally like outfit. I'm asking for anything explict since this IS a FAMILY game, Just stuff that are a little more feminine like Madame Vadima's gypsy outfit. To be honest, its really weird to see a girl wear a tuxedo. And they can for girls only, not boys. I think you guys should start catagorizing boy clothes from girl clothes and making more girl stuff.

Please and thankies.
They've distinctly made the girl dresses different than the boys in Mooshu. Just saying...

Prety Cheryl Walker

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
XD In Zafaria, we're given a cloak that goes down to the character's ankles, making it look like a dress. That's just one of the several girly-boy outfits in the game. Of course, they're not all like that (and even as a girl I tend to avoid those outfits), but I imagine KI got bad feedback from that, especially because these 'dresses' were some of the best outfits, status-wise.

I would truly love to dress like Bonnie Anne or Sarah Steele! IRL, I design clothes all the time, and lately the clothes that I design are either dresses for me, or Pirate101 outfits for my characters. Like I've already drawn Jade's clothes in Role Play, and Lizzy's clothes in Roleplay II. I plan on drawing Sarah Steele's, Catbeard's, Bonnie Anne's, and Old Scratch's (with some modifications) outfits too, because these are the clothes that I imagine my pirate characters to wear. Also, I've been working on a few Polaris-themed outfits (drawing, of course, because the best I can do as far as sewing is making my dog's chew toy last ever so slightly longer), and I'm very happy with these outfits (I hope that KI might use them!).

I vote for more feminine outfits!
Are you submitting these drawings for fan creations? I would love to see what you are coming up with. x Gives puppy dog eyes x

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Each of my pirate characters has a specially created outfit as I draw them. From Raven with her cloak and dress to Sonata with her near copy of Bonnie Anne's Highlander outfit, I put a lot of time into conceptually drawing each of them with their appearances and outfits. I'm actually in the middle of drawing a new one for Emma right now. XD I would indeed like some more feminine clothing for my girlier characters- such as Angelika van Hoffman and Anneke Holystone.

But if I were to say this from my personalized point of view, I'm not generally into the girly and feminine apparel and I strongly prefer the more... Tomboyesque ensembles. Though, I would indeed like a crossed outfit between girly and tomboyish- like a shoulderless short dress with leggings or something like that. Sarah Steele-ish clothes, really.

But on a more serious note- if what you guys mean by girly, you mean like a gypsy, I'm all for it.

Ciao!

Community Leader
Paige MoonShade on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
I guess, I'm thinking backwards. I've been hoping more of the clothes we get in Pirate101 slips over to Wizard101. I love the styles in Pirate101.
I have to say I agree with Paige. I love the Pirate101 outfits A LOT more than the ones in Wizard101. And it's kinda funny....one of my guy friends is always saying the pirate outfits for guys look like dresses. However, I would love something like Vadima's outfit for my witchdoctor!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Dr Zeppers on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Who am I to go against such a request....

I agree would be nice if the girls had some slightly more feminine garb to wear. Although when it came to pirating, even the female pirates I have seen actually did wear garb more attuned to "male", likely because it was more appropriate for battle/fighting when such activity was required.

I read the comment about the "off the shoulder tops" however, and it reminded me of comments early on that I had read where some people of some religions were offended with this sort of garb. Even asked that the companions garb be changed. As I recall the situation basically was diffused with the situation being that the companions wearing such garb were "animals", not human.

If this were made available for our pirates however, our pirates ARE human. This could be an issue.
Not with me, but with some!
I sort of have a problem with the "off the shoulder tops." I actually belong to one of the religions that disapprove of wearing clothes that expose the shoulders. I'm okay with it on animals and the such, but I wouldn't like it on humans. I mean, I LOVE the idea of having feminine clothing, but I just wouldn't be comfortable with seeing others' pirates having their shoulders shown. If KI were to release clothing like that, then they could potentially lose a lot of customers that were actually offended by the clothing. Some of them including me, my brother, and several of my friends in my neighborhood.

Not saying I completely disapprove of the idea of more feminine clothing all together, just some certain styles of clothing I very much disapprove of.

~Quick Pearl

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
well pirate101's pirate-like spiral is supposed to parody/refrence most areas in the late 1600s to the early to middle 1700s and even the early 1800s

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Each of my pirate characters has a specially created outfit as I draw them. From Raven with her cloak and dress to Sonata with her near copy of Bonnie Anne's Highlander outfit, I put a lot of time into conceptually drawing each of them with their appearances and outfits. I'm actually in the middle of drawing a new one for Emma right now. XD I would indeed like some more feminine clothing for my girlier characters- such as Angelika van Hoffman and Anneke Holystone.

But if I were to say this from my personalized point of view, I'm not generally into the girly and feminine apparel and I strongly prefer the more... Tomboyesque ensembles. Though, I would indeed like a crossed outfit between girly and tomboyish- like a shoulderless short dress with leggings or something like that. Sarah Steele-ish clothes, really.

But on a more serious note- if what you guys mean by girly, you mean like a gypsy, I'm all for it.

Ciao!
Are you submitting your drawings too? These I would also Love to see.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Are you submitting these drawings for fan creations? I would love to see what you are coming up with. x Gives puppy dog eyes x
I would be honored! Anne is really the one who inspired me, because I hadn't picked up a paper in pencil on my own for several months before then. I saw her picture of Virtuous Anne Radcliffe and immediately started working on my own drawings. Also, I think it's thanks to her that I also have new art supplies. Daddy noticed that I was using printing paper and a #2 pencil to draw things such as mountains and screenshots from Wizard101 and Pirate101, and the next thing I know I've got an art kit! I would love to submit my work, and I hope that KI uses my ideas for Polaris clothing. I'm going to go ask Daddy right now if I can submit some work...

~Elizabeth, level 46 ~

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Autumn Dreamwalker on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
I have to say I agree with Paige. I love the Pirate101 outfits A LOT more than the ones in Wizard101. And it's kinda funny....one of my guy friends is always saying the pirate outfits for guys look like dresses. However, I would love something like Vadima's outfit for my witchdoctor!
I fully agree, I love the Pirate101 outfits more than the Wizard101 outfits as well. Which is exactly why I would like to see some full-length dresses and more girly looking clothing created by the Pirate101 artists. I really don't want to see the clothes from Wizard101. (Besides the only Wizard101 outfit that I liked was the marleybonean influenced celestian exlporer outfit)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Are you submitting your drawings too? These I would also Love to see.
I will once I finish the concepts! I've had these characters for over months and their full concepts aren't complete! XD But in the meantime, there's another project I'm working on.... ;) You, Lizzy, Anne, and Scarlet will probably love it is all I can say.

Ciao!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
I will once I finish the concepts! I've had these characters for over months and their full concepts aren't complete! XD But in the meantime, there's another project I'm working on.... ;) You, Lizzy, Anne, and Scarlet will probably love it is all I can say.

Ciao!
*chills* Ooh... I can't wait! *wriggles in seat* Hehehe I'm so excited! I asked Daddy if we can submit some of my work and he said yes, but now it's just a matter of time until I get up the courage, finish the drawings I'd like to submit (for some reason I can't quite draw Jade's face the way I want to?) and wait until my dad gets some time. (I do, after all, need my parent's permission and step-by-step guidance to do this...)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
*chills* Ooh... I can't wait! *wriggles in seat* Hehehe I'm so excited! I asked Daddy if we can submit some of my work and he said yes, but now it's just a matter of time until I get up the courage, finish the drawings I'd like to submit (for some reason I can't quite draw Jade's face the way I want to?) and wait until my dad gets some time. (I do, after all, need my parent's permission and step-by-step guidance to do this...)
Hi Elizabeth, do you have one of those Drawing Manga High-School characters (I think they call it Sho-ji?) books on hand, or perhaps can borrow from the library? (I have one of those books around here somewhere, if you like I can find out the title). They can be very good in teaching general proportions and good for 'toon' faces. Mind you, in Pirate101 (and Wizard) the eyes are not Manga-huge, just a little larger than normal, to represent our characters (though I notice some people do make Manga versions of their characters and that works just fine). You can adjust accordingly to your taste.

For me, I had to adjust my usual drawing style a bit to make Anne's face correctly. I did several sketches, and simply was not satisfied. Then I was watching 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' with my family, and it hit me -- I had to draw all the way around the eye, to make the proper 'toon' eye. You have to use a very light hand for doing that football-shape that defines the eye (notice it tilts towards the nose slightly, and eyes are about another eye-shape apart from each other), and I found that raising the iris just above the lower eyelid, so there is a thin area of white there, works well to give the eye the right 'look' (haha, pun unintended). Anyway, drawing books do help a lot, and experimentation is a good thing. As my parents always told me 'practice makes perfect'! (or at least, builds character )

I'm looking forward to yours and Emma's drawings! Indeed, I am inspired by this thread to make more drawings to submit... once I get a chance. Things are pretty busy these days!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe