Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Second Chance & Quick Adjust

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
I feel that these powers could use some changing, as dodging a ball of lightning could possibly end up in you getting hit again, this time it's a super hit.

So this is how I would change it. If you dodge the attack, and that power activates, only half of the normal damage is done. This would help a lot because every time I dodge the first attack, I have to be lucky enough to dodge the second. If you don't dodge the second time, you get hit the same amount of damage. With the change I made, If you didn't dodge the second time, you would at least get a little 'reward' (less damage) for dodging the first time.

Also remember, any changes that goes to the enemies also goes to the companions and yourself, and vice versa.

So if you have a better idea to change this one, or you don't like it at all, leave it down below.

Ensign
May 25, 2013
Riposite. need I say more

Tyler Deathsong level 8 Death

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
they don't need to be changed tbh.

They do what they should be doing as in giving you or the enemies another shot at hitting their target.

There is already skills out there that lower damage if this 2 skills was change to what your asking then things like pvp would become very stale. Everyone would use the same companions just to have that lower damage chance.

Cruel Darius Blake(65)

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
to Spark of the land
I like the original idea, but I'm not sure whether all players would like it, since if a companion has Second Chance or Quick Adjust, it would be somewhat unfair for the player's team.

to boy Deathsong
Riposte only works with physical damage, and this can still trigger things like First Strike and Vengeance Strike, further unbalancing the turn.

to CaptainBlackBart
I don't understand what you mean by "everyone would use the same companions just to have that lower damage chance," because wouldn't everyone already use the same companions to have a second chance, with maybe a critical?

Ensign
May 25, 2013
To Pirates in the sky... you are completely right

Tyler Deathsong level 10 Death (gained 2 levels)

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
no not alot of people use second chance or quick adjust in pvp.

atleast none that i have played against or for that matter watched

Ensign
May 05, 2011
boy Deathsong on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:

Its *Riposte lol, and btw that only works on Privateers, Buccaneers, and other Swashbucklers.. It doesn't work on Muskets or Witches, just like return fire only works on Muskets, and Witchhunter only works on Witches...

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
CaptainBlackBart on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
they don't need to be changed tbh.

They do what they should be doing as in giving you or the enemies another shot at hitting their target.

There is already skills out there that lower damage if this 2 skills was change to what your asking then things like pvp would become very stale. Everyone would use the same companions just to have that lower damage chance.

Cruel Darius Blake(65)
CaptainBlackBart, can you thn explain the quoted comment? I may have misunderstood.

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
boy Deathsong on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:

I know this is off topic, but why are you saying your WIZARD'S name and level and class at the bottom?

Ensign
May 25, 2013
Spark of the land on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
I know this is off topic, but why are you saying your WIZARD'S name and level and class at the bottom?
Because I want to and my pirate Brave Jack Vane is level 4

Tyler Deathsong level 13 Death

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Spark of the land on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
I feel that these powers could use some changing, as dodging a ball of lightning could possibly end up in you getting hit again, this time it's a super hit.

So this is how I would change it. If you dodge the attack, and that power activates, only half of the normal damage is done. This would help a lot because every time I dodge the first attack, I have to be lucky enough to dodge the second. If you don't dodge the second time, you get hit the same amount of damage. With the change I made, If you didn't dodge the second time, you would at least get a little 'reward' (less damage) for dodging the first time.

Also remember, any changes that goes to the enemies also goes to the companions and yourself, and vice versa.

So if you have a better idea to change this one, or you don't like it at all, leave it down below.
that is the point of second chance... i mean COME ON