Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Wizard101 Breach: A Vast Spiral

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
Let me start off with an apology for bringing Wizard101 into a Pirate101 set place. I know we around here like to talk about the Skyways and such but, honestly, since I am without a Wizard101 sub I can't post what I need to on the W101 message boards and make my points. So this is the best I can do. But I swear I think I might explode with bottle feelings if I gon't say something.
On another note, I am not trying to bring any negativity, fighting, flame wars, any of that over here, again my apologizes if it turns out to be that at any point. I just want make my points, breathe, and move on. So I'd love it if things could stay calm and move smoothly.
There are many points, gaming and story line, I want to hit and this one post will not include all of them so please bare with me. I want show my opinions, observations, and possible reasons/solutions for whats going on Wizard101 because I love that game. It's just like home to me and I'm tired of seeing everything falling apart and people at each other's throats all the time. It's like a disfunctional family to the max!
So where shall I begin?:
2nd Story: Morganthe
I just finished reading the Wizard101 post "malistare or morganthe?!?!" and I saw some backlash against Morganthe for not being a good/well-written villian for the 2nd Arc. Many stated that we don't know much about her and that many don't care about her(this right here will play a major role within what happening to the current fan-community as of late). To understand Morganthe better you have to read her story in reverse from Azteca to Celestia. In Avalon, we learn that this is where Morganth is from and where she apprenticed under Merle before he even started Ravenwood. As far as we are concerned, she was his first student. During Ghost Avalon and the Crystal Caves we actually learn a tremendous amount of back story that you must look at carefully.
Morganthe had always been a bright and charming little girl. She was smart and had a true gift. Apparently, she aced the wizarding tests so far and wanted to become truely powerful like Merle. Unfortunately, she wasn't ready to know the 'Forbidden Knowledge' which probably made her feel like Ambrose was holding her back on her potential. She tried to learned this power but was foiled by Gamma and disappointed Merle, who would have taught her these one day. The duel between Malory, her brother, and Artorius lead to some dark tragedies, leaving Malory dead, possibly scarring Morganthe, and Artorius wounded. Due to this, Merle sees it best to leave Avalon and pursue the Spiral. He offers Morganthe to come with him and continue her studies, but she declines and instead mutates Artorius into the Pendragon, a plan she'd been in kahoots with Malory but he died before she could finish or convince him. It is mentioned that Morganthe paid a price to a Froundling for the Horned Crown but I'm unsure if this played any role in her being evil...
[will be continued]

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
, now that is just awful. All her evil came from the death of her friend, and from curiosity? Her back story almost reminds me of Victor Fries (pronounced freeze). That story is truly heartbreaking.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Let me start off with an apology for bringing Wizard101 into a Pirate101 set place. I know we around here like to talk about the Skyways and such but, honestly, since I am without a Wizard101 sub I can't post what I need to on the W101 message boards and make my points. So this is the best I can do. But I swear I think I might explode with bottle feelings if I gon't say something.
On another note, I am not trying to bring any negativity, fighting, flame wars, any of that over here, again my apologizes if it turns out to be that at any point. I just want make my points, breathe, and move on. So I'd love it if things could stay calm and move smoothly.
There are many points, gaming and story line, I want to hit and this one post will not include all of them so please bare with me. I want show my opinions, observations, and possible reasons/solutions for whats going on Wizard101 because I love that game. It's just like home to me and I'm tired of seeing everything falling apart and people at each other's throats all the time. It's like a disfunctional family to the max!
So where shall I begin?:
2nd Story: Morganthe
I just finished reading the Wizard101 post "malistare or morganthe?!?!" and I saw some backlash against Morganthe for not being a good/well-written villian for the 2nd Arc. Many stated that we don't know much about her and that many don't care about her(this right here will play a major role within what happening to the current fan-community as of late). To understand Morganthe better you have to read her story in reverse from Azteca to Celestia. In Avalon, we learn that this is where Morganth is from and where she apprenticed under Merle before he even started Ravenwood. As far as we are concerned, she was his first student. During Ghost Avalon and the Crystal Caves we actually learn a tremendous amount of back story that you must look at carefully.
Morganthe had always been a bright and charming little girl. She was smart and had a true gift. Apparently, she aced the wizarding tests so far and wanted to become truely powerful like Merle. Unfortunately, she wasn't ready to know the 'Forbidden Knowledge' which probably made her feel like Ambrose was holding her back on her potential. She tried to learned this power but was foiled by Gamma and disappointed Merle, who would have taught her these one day. The duel between Malory, her brother, and Artorius lead to some dark tragedies, leaving Malory dead, possibly scarring Morganthe, and Artorius wounded. Due to this, Merle sees it best to leave Avalon and pursue the Spiral. He offers Morganthe to come with him and continue her studies, but she declines and instead mutates Artorius into the Pendragon, a plan she'd been in kahoots with Malory but he died before she could finish or convince him. It is mentioned that Morganthe paid a price to a Froundling for the Horned Crown but I'm unsure if this played any role in her being evil...
[will be continued]
[Continued]
How she became the evil she is another story or yet to be told(not really). All I can go off of is what is told. With this story you really have to think and pull from the small parts and build off of that. Within the Crystal Caves, the Statue of Morganthe states from a memory "I have a plan to twist him to our cause..." Malory and Morganthe are brother and sister from a powerful family. It is possible that their family tried to over through Artorius or manipulate him into being their pawn. According to Malory, what was suppose to happen is he would have sabotaged the king's armor so Artorius's duel with the Unsung Knight (Sir Pike) would have Artorius dead, the Unsung Knight jailed and for Malory to rise into power. Obviously, this did not happen.
This whole event is what caused Morganthe to go mad for power, want made her so power hungry. Had her family not wanted to take control of Avalon, she would have been a plain ol' Wizard like us (but also Ravenwood would have never been founded unless Ambrose got tired of Avalon). Because Morganthe couldn't control Avalon, and with the ever lasting death of her brother (if she ever cared about him) over her head, she set out on a new quest. A quest of domination further from Avalon. The entire Spiral.
Granted, yes, this back story for Morganthe takes much more thought probably than the simplicity of the Malistaire arc but since this game is aimed at teens and families mostly, and since kids really think at all, why not give your brain a little thinking?
The Return of Malistaire(Major Spoiler! Don't read if you haven't flown to the comet!)
So in the second arc, around Azteca, Malistaire makes a reapearnce as an undead lich (isn't that just fitting for a fromer Death wizard? lol) We do battle Malistaire however he is undying so you can't kill him. In the end, he gets hurtled into the Spiral by a rock (it doesn't look as funny than how it sounds). I have a theory for a possiblity in the next arc/world. If Malistaire doesn't appear in the next world, then we already know there is to be a third arc and Malistaire will be the major enemy because a certain someone had to resurrect him. Only instead he wont be the same misunderstood character we knew and loved. His emotions of devoted love and loneliness have been clouded with revenge, anger, hatred, and mercilessness from loosing his undead empire (plus Morganthe might have bribed him or tolded him nonesense). Now it will be like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows and in every new world we have to find a Horcrux that Morganthe cealed his soul in or something to kill him.
If he does reappear in the next world then that means he'll be a minion in the final battle with Morganthe. Or he could kick her to the curb and rule the Spiral alone. Either way one of them is going to back stab each other or work together to defeat us. I'll I hope for is something epic! lol

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Quentin Atherton on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
, now that is just awful. All her evil came from the death of her friend, and from curiosity? Her back story almost reminds me of Victor Fries (pronounced freeze). That story is truly heartbreaking.
I sort of thought the same as you but now I see it in a pretty different way.

You see Malory's death probably did play a part in all this (it would be nice if Alhazred or King Artorius would just pop up around now to really explain what they are trying to write) but over all Morganthe was just brought up evil or this whole event is what has corrupted her. With the success of turning King Artorius evil was just a taste for her on what she could to (invade a world and have it sunk down below the tides(Celestia), rule a whole world for some time(Zafaria), and destroy a whole world while collecting the Nine Lords of Night(Azteca). Yeah, she's pretty bad). Her own potential, her own dark successes, it was all slowly, well has, corrupted her. So while Malistaire's emotion was of love and longing which could make you like him, Morganthe's was corruption which would make us kinda hate her. But I admire her overall character design and her power. Malistaire couldn't even ruin a whole street while she blew up a world. lol

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
[Continued]
How she became the evil she is another story or yet to be told(not really). All I can go off of is what is told. With this story you really have to think and pull from the small parts and build off of that. Within the Crystal Caves, the Statue of Morganthe states from a memory "I have a plan to twist him to our cause..." Malory and Morganthe are brother and sister from a powerful family. It is possible that their family tried to over through Artorius or manipulate him into being their pawn. According to Malory, what was suppose to happen is he would have sabotaged the king's armor so Artorius's duel with the Unsung Knight (Sir Pike) would have Artorius dead, the Unsung Knight jailed and for Malory to rise into power. Obviously, this did not happen.
This whole event is what caused Morganthe to go mad for power, want made her so power hungry. Had her family not wanted to take control of Avalon, she would have been a plain ol' Wizard like us (but also Ravenwood would have never been founded unless Ambrose got tired of Avalon). Because Morganthe couldn't control Avalon, and with the ever lasting death of her brother (if she ever cared about him) over her head, she set out on a new quest. A quest of domination further from Avalon. The entire Spiral.
Granted, yes, this back story for Morganthe takes much more thought probably than the simplicity of the Malistaire arc but since this game is aimed at teens and families mostly, and since kids really think at all, why not give your brain a little thinking?
The Return of Malistaire(Major Spoiler! Don't read if you haven't flown to the comet!)
So in the second arc, around Azteca, Malistaire makes a reapearnce as an undead lich (isn't that just fitting for a fromer Death wizard? lol) We do battle Malistaire however he is undying so you can't kill him. In the end, he gets hurtled into the Spiral by a rock (it doesn't look as funny than how it sounds). I have a theory for a possiblity in the next arc/world. If Malistaire doesn't appear in the next world, then we already know there is to be a third arc and Malistaire will be the major enemy because a certain someone had to resurrect him. Only instead he wont be the same misunderstood character we knew and loved. His emotions of devoted love and loneliness have been clouded with revenge, anger, hatred, and mercilessness from loosing his undead empire (plus Morganthe might have bribed him or tolded him nonesense). Now it will be like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows and in every new world we have to find a Horcrux that Morganthe cealed his soul in or something to kill him.
If he does reappear in the next world then that means he'll be a minion in the final battle with Morganthe. Or he could kick her to the curb and rule the Spiral alone. Either way one of them is going to back stab each other or work together to defeat us. I'll I hope for is something epic! lol
Morganthe's Path and Plan
So back to Morganthe's story line. After mutating King Artorius, and Ambroses departure, Morganthe some how became Queen of the Umbra Legion, the Shadow Web. I think this took place in Zafaria, but, as of Azteca, Zafaria could have been no more than a colony to the Shadow Web. Within her new spider fortress, she devized a plan on how to rule the Spiral, which will be told in the next world. Unfortunately for her, the Zafarians called the help of the Council of Light, which booted her out and sealed away her power. So her legion set out for a new home and a new start. The next best thing was to learn the Astral magics of Celestia. Some of her Agents went to make a home in the Spiral, while the others lead an attack on Celestia. As many of you know, the Celestians then summoned a Storm Titan who betrayed them and sank their world, silencing Morganthe for centuries. Once she reawakened, she finished her work of learning the Celestial Magics, the only one she didn't master was Sun I believe, then fled back to her old kingdom in Zafaria to gain her Deck of Shadows as she wouldn't be able to do anything with the Astral Magics without a deck.
So now here we are in Azteca where Morganthe is trying to capture the souls of the Nine Lords of Night so she can hear the Song of Creation and begin to change the Spiral (I think in the next update it will show many of the Worlds and the Spiral slowly shifting to her will). Why did she need to destroy Azteca? I have 4 theories:
1. It gives the Lords of Nights no where to run so they are forced to help her.
2. She needs all the souls of the inhabinants who will die to further help in her ritual as I remember, in order to make a Philosopher Stone, you need a human soul. It is possible that the ritual she needs to complete is to gain a World of souls to pull off.
3. It makes for a more dramatic end.
4. She's just evil like that.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Next World
I have always believed that the final world to the Morganthe Arc shall be Empyrea. Most are yearning for Polaris or Darkmoor but I'm afraid I just can't see it. I could believe Darkmoor for a moment as a Skyway sketch was posted on Facebook from the Kingsisle staff, but as fas as I'm concerned, that was just teaser since Darkmoor was not well mentioned.
So why Empyrea? Well, for starters, Cyrus Drake tells his Myth Students during their level 68 spell quest (which is during the Morganthe Arc) that they have not been to Empyrea yet. Then (spoiler) near the end of Xibalba Morganthe says she must now complete her Celestial Choir which would mean she's going to have the Nine Lords of Night sing for her. But what really grabbed me was the 'celestial' part. Celestial mean of, or in the sky or universe. This whole story line has been centered around celestial bodies, light, the stars, moon, and sun magics. So, the final world will have to correspond with the major plot line and probably mirror Celestia (in design I'd assume). Polaris is more of a cold world and doesn't really have much in the whole celestial theme, nor do I see how a French/Russian-inspired world which tried to take over the Spiral have any correlation to this story. And Darkmoor is more subdued in my eyes; it's all more about death, darkness, and shadows than of the skies.
Another thing is most of the worlds in Morganthe's Arc are old, ancient worlds. Polaris, while it must have history, lacks that oldness to it and Darkmoors seems up-and-coming to me. Empyrea sounds like a world older than El Dorado and probably sits near the highest part of the Spiral; a perfect perch to see the Spiral come together for one's evil schemes.
Lastly, Azteca just got blown to dust, so I feel like the world based off a place after death just fits where we're headed. Could I be wrong? Of course! Nothing is concrete yet. And I thought Mirage was going to be the next world for sure, but Azteca came along

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Mar 17, 2013 wrote:
Next World
I have always believed that the final world to the Morganthe Arc shall be Empyrea. Most are yearning for Polaris or Darkmoor but I'm afraid I just can't see it. I could believe Darkmoor for a moment as a Skyway sketch was posted on Facebook from the Kingsisle staff, but as fas as I'm concerned, that was just teaser since Darkmoor was not well mentioned.
So why Empyrea? Well, for starters, Cyrus Drake tells his Myth Students during their level 68 spell quest (which is during the Morganthe Arc) that they have not been to Empyrea yet. Then (spoiler) near the end of Xibalba Morganthe says she must now complete her Celestial Choir which would mean she's going to have the Nine Lords of Night sing for her. But what really grabbed me was the 'celestial' part. Celestial mean of, or in the sky or universe. This whole story line has been centered around celestial bodies, light, the stars, moon, and sun magics. So, the final world will have to correspond with the major plot line and probably mirror Celestia (in design I'd assume). Polaris is more of a cold world and doesn't really have much in the whole celestial theme, nor do I see how a French/Russian-inspired world which tried to take over the Spiral have any correlation to this story. And Darkmoor is more subdued in my eyes; it's all more about death, darkness, and shadows than of the skies.
Another thing is most of the worlds in Morganthe's Arc are old, ancient worlds. Polaris, while it must have history, lacks that oldness to it and Darkmoors seems up-and-coming to me. Empyrea sounds like a world older than El Dorado and probably sits near the highest part of the Spiral; a perfect perch to see the Spiral come together for one's evil schemes.
Lastly, Azteca just got blown to dust, so I feel like the world based off a place after death just fits where we're headed. Could I be wrong? Of course! Nothing is concrete yet. And I thought Mirage was going to be the next world for sure, but Azteca came along
I don't play this game either anymore but I think that the next world will be the Shadow web Or Shadow Lands whatever she says. Because she says '' And now its time for me to return to the Shadow Lands to build my Celestial Choir''

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Zlyxer on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
I don't play this game either anymore but I think that the next world will be the Shadow web Or Shadow Lands whatever she says. Because she says '' And now its time for me to return to the Shadow Lands to build my Celestial Choir''
While, yes, she says it is time for her to return to her home of the Shadow Web, I think that is more of her castle/fortress where her legion has built it. The Shadow Web has been the title of all the Spiders, Goliaths, Shadow Web Mercenaries, and, of course, the Umbra Queen involved with this plot so whether or not it will be an actual world is beyond me. I'm just using the hints they've laid out. I still stick with in being Empyrea next. If it's not that, then I suspect Yago, but nothing else.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
I also stopped playing Wizard101 for Pirate101. This is what I miss about Wizard101. I love the amazing story in Wizard101 and the feeling of shock, drama, and amazement. I also miss a lot of spells. But Pirate101 is still really fun to play.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Hmm I would tell KI to lock this cause it is on the wrong game but since you have no member on wiz it makes sense. So the next world will probably be Empyrea or Darkmoor which not a lot of wiz or pirates like. That's one thing they agree on. Two, when we encounter Empyrea we have to be careful or we will have the same fate as the Pirate101 parents and die of a Sky Squid attack! OH NO! I bet they're gonna be storm and like the storm guys in Twin Giants, Azteca. Well if I could please I could move your posts gladly over to Wizard101. I will do it if you want me to do so as more people will reply from the Wizard Community and not Pirates and I thought they didn't like Ravenwood. Guess they do now as they say in Ravenwood, Wizard Utility, In Magic we trust! Sorry Avery but we're gonna go to Wizard City and tell the wizards to rule Skull Island cause we like the Wizards and no the Hoodoo Witchdoctor teacher did NOT come from Ravenwood. She came from Pigswick Academy and before that came from the spooky world of Darkmoor. I came from Marley and the Wizards came from Earth. Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away .... this occured above mostly.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Prediction and Expectation of Final World:
So I'm only in Cloudburst Forest at level 89 (this is true, but takes too long to explain for right now) yet after the backlash on Azteca here is what I predict of Empyrea, Yago, or this aledged Umbra (Mirage, Nodor, Alissar, Gobblerton, Candy World, they don't quite fit for this story).
After what happened in Zafaria with player feedback on it being too tenedious (and in my opinion too small compared to other 2nd Arc worlds) KI released the massive world, Avalon, with new school pets and 4 new utiltiy spells, and a plethera of training points to be had. This world was very well approved in my eyes of the player community and is probably where most casual players draw the line in terms of their fun (it's really Mooshu-Dragonspyre but some will advance regardless. Yay!).
For the final world, I believe this one will be massive with some of the best animations and graphics yet. I think it will really end the Morganthe Arc tremendously and leave us in utter awe. We'll get new level 98 pets, as well as utility spells, gardening spells and lots of training points like Avalon. Possibly epic astral spells. I pray for an expand in gear compared to Azteca's but we'll see.
But with that comes a price. From Azteca, I know it will cost 1995+ per area. I already know that mobs will start off with 6-pips in the beginning and 7 close to the end. Morganthe will either have the worst cheats we've seen yet or none and completely baffle us (this is unlikely). I fear this world may have the worst criticism compared to Azteca, which looks pretty bad (I still like it).
I do expect that since we are nearing level 100 (maybe 101 for obvious reasons), KI will bring out all the stops for us. New 2-pip wands. Better distance in stats for dropped and crafted gear (but crown gear still be surpreme). Rank 11 spells along with are pets and utitly spells with Myth having some AoE. The return of Elucidate and Simplify. These things really.