Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

You're Invited to a Spiral Shindig

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ahoy fellow posters, pirates & peoples. I just wanted to invite you all to an event that I am hosting/throwing this Friday night. As you may know, I will be taking a bit of a break from the game & the forums soon, in order to pursue some dreams of mine. But I didn't want to break away without at least trying to do a little something meaningful & giving back to a Community that has meant a lot to me. So, I am 'hosting' a 'Spiral Shindig and Super Crowns Giveaway'....& you all are invited to attend.

I realized that playing this game & investing so much into it has been a bit selfish on my part (but SOOO worth it) & I wanted to do something that would possibly prove to be a positive for others. So, that is why I decided to throw & host this event on Friday night. I figured that if I was going to be leaving for a bit, I might as well go out with a bang & on a positive note. The event will serve as a random raffle in which a total of 16 prizes will be given out to all who attend & enter the raffle. To enter the raffle, all you have to do is friend one of my pirates in Avery's Court. By getting on my pirate(s) friends list, I can keep track & record all who attend & use this as entry into the raffle. This is not a contest, in the sense that the prizes are not based on anything competitive. All you have to do to enter, is show up in Avery's Court (Frogfather Realm) & friend (only) one of my pirates.

Also, this event is to serve as a means to help others in need. I will be making a $1 donation, per pirate that enters the raffle (by friending my pirate(s), that will go to two charitable organizations-- ALS Association & Children's Medical Center Plano. I'll take the total pirates that enter the raffle, split that total in half & make matching donations to each organization.

The Spiral Shindig will be a great way to meet a make new piratin' friends, enter for a chance to win some prizes & most importantly, make a small difference in the lives of other human beings. Here's the basic details of the event:

What: Spiral Shindig and Super Crowns Giveaway....A Raffle with a Cause.
When: Friday, August 28, 2015
Time: 8:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, to 10 pm EST
Where: Avery's Court, Frogfather Realm, in our pirate-y Spiral
My Pirates: Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, Dashing Boris De Bouff, Charming Quincy Clegg,
Nimble Brom Nesbit, Cynical Devesh Groot, Virtuous Valdus Voss

I will start the event on Valkoor, say hello & then at 8:45 will switch to my first 'Entry Pirate'...Dashing Boris De Bouff. Valkoor's friend list is full, but the other pirates are mostly empty, so they will be the pirates that you'll want to friend, in order to enter the raffle.

A more detailed event description can be found here on P101 Central.

So come support a great cause & enter for your chance to win! Hope to see you Scurvy Scallywags there!

*** Hi Bonnie, if this kind of post isn't allowed on the boards, could you let me know by reply, what would be allowed here. Thank you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
What a wonderful thing to do Valkoor and it sounds like a fabulous time for a great cause. Leave it to you to know how to do things RIGHT and go out with a blast. Just a clarification, should we use all our pirates to friend all your pirates or is your intent one per account. As much as I want all your scallywags on all my lists, I want to abide by the rules you intend.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
What a wonderful thing to do Valkoor and it sounds like a fabulous time for a great cause. Leave it to you to know how to do things RIGHT and go out with a blast. Just a clarification, should we use all our pirates to friend all your pirates or is your intent one per account. As much as I want all your scallywags on all my lists, I want to abide by the rules you intend.
Thank you Chrissy, and that's a great question. I had posted an answer to that very question in the Central Thread, but didn't have room for everything here, in my original post.

I'm hesitant to say that I would love to have every player include all of their pirates in the raffle...and for a couple of reasons. One, I want as many players as possible to have an equal chance. Some players have 2, 3 even 4 or 5 accounts-- so that's up to 30+ pirates for some players. I don't want the greater fortune of some to hold a greater opportunity to win, over those that may only be able to handle one account. I kind of want all players to have an equal chance at winning the prizes. So, one pirate per account would give all players the same number of equal chances.

Also since real money in the form of donations is involved I kind of want to keep that part of it somewhat manageable for me (just in case)-- I may run around the Spiral in all green, but like my momma used to say..."I ain't made of money!" Actually I do have a min/max donation amount set just in case....I mean we are talking about a potential millions of players here (ok, so highly unlikely)

In addition, I will have to manually sort through all of the entries (names on the list(s)), create a list for the random name picker and copy/paste that list in order to conduct the raffle. At one pirate, per account, it makes this a little bit easier to control and handle-- especially if there is a rather large turnout.

So, I am kind of going with a 'gentlemen's/ladies' agreement' in the fact that I'm hoping players stick to one pirate, per account. I know that some will probably use more than one pirate per account, to increase their chances, but I'd like to think that most pirates, despite being of a scurvy sort, will be honest about it.

I'll try to add any other important information that I can think of and if anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them as quickly as possible.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
Oh, I kind of unintentionally dodged one of your intended questions-- that wasn't my intention!

I'll gladly add all of you's to all of me's lists, Chrissy. I'll just get together with you & do it soon after the raffle is over. I certainly know where and how to find you.

As of right now, since I have barely played the other pirates, their lists are pretty empty, save for the pirates on my second account & a couple of other friends. For those already on the list, & it's only a couple on my swash & musket, I'll 'star' them before the event & then remove the star if/when they show up on Friday. That way I'll know that they were at the event and are to be entered into the raffle-- so that it is as fair as possible, for everyone. If a pirate happens to end up on more than one list, they will only be entered into the contest once.

And a note to others, if you are the kind of player that really likes playing solo & also not having other pirates on your friend list, that is perfectly cool with me. But it doesn't mean that you still can't enter for the raffle & prizes. Just friend my pirate for entry, then after the winners are posted & the prizes are 'passed out', of course you can feel free to delete my pirate-- I won't, in any way be offended. And in addition, if you aren't the social type...please feel free to friend & then go off & have some fun in the Spiral or IRL-- or stick around & possibly make some new friends, if you are feeling up to it. There's no pressure here, to stay for the whole event. So go kick some Armada gears, beat up on some bosses, give Moo a cow, hit the Nautical Gauntlet, engage in some Ranked PvP, decorate your house, go hybrid hunting or whatever else floats your boat. Just make sure that before you leave you friend the pirate of mine that is currently in Avery's...that is if you hadn't already friended one of them.

Good luck to everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing/meeting you.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy fellow posters, pirates & peoples. I just wanted to invite you all to an event that I am hosting/throwing this Friday night. As you may know, I will be taking a bit of a break from the game & the forums soon, in order to pursue some dreams of mine. But I didn't want to break away without at least trying to do a little something meaningful & giving back to a Community that has meant a lot to me. So, I am 'hosting' a 'Spiral Shindig and Super Crowns Giveaway'....& you all are invited to attend.

I realized that playing this game & investing so much into it has been a bit selfish on my part (but SOOO worth it) & I wanted to do something that would possibly prove to be a positive for others. So, that is why I decided to throw & host this event on Friday night. I figured that if I was going to be leaving for a bit, I might as well go out with a bang & on a positive note. The event will serve as a random raffle in which a total of 16 prizes will be given out to all who attend & enter the raffle. To enter the raffle, all you have to do is friend one of my pirates in Avery's Court. By getting on my pirate(s) friends list, I can keep track & record all who attend & use this as entry into the raffle. This is not a contest, in the sense that the prizes are not based on anything competitive. All you have to do to enter, is show up in Avery's Court (Frogfather Realm) & friend (only) one of my pirates.

Also, this event is to serve as a means to help others in need. I will be making a $1 donation, per pirate that enters the raffle (by friending my pirate(s), that will go to two charitable organizations-- ALS Association & Children's Medical Center Plano. I'll take the total pirates that enter the raffle, split that total in half & make matching donations to each organization.

The Spiral Shindig will be a great way to meet a make new piratin' friends, enter for a chance to win some prizes & most importantly, make a small difference in the lives of other human beings. Here's the basic details of the event:

My Pirates: Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, Dashing Boris De Bouff, Charming Quincy Clegg,

I will start the event on Valkoor, say hello & then at 8:45 will switch to my first 'Entry Pirate'...Dashing Boris De Bouff. Valkoor's friend list is full, but the other pirates are mostly empty, so they will be the pirates that you'll want to friend, in order to enter the raffle.

So come support a great cause & enter for your chance to win! Hope to see you Scurvy Scallywags there!

*** Hi Bonnie, if this kind of post isn't allowed on the boards, could you let me know by reply, what would be allowed here. Thank you!
sounds awesome valkkoor! Ill be sure to join in. This is one heck of an awesome idea your doing! There's no way ill miss out to help with these organizations! But in the mean time you get the warrior stamp of approval ( stamps idea )

Fearless Talon Lewis

Golden Leo

Sean nightingale

The warriors of the spiral

Captain
Jun 26, 2010

Ye bet I'll be there mate, I wouldn't miss this fer all yum in the spiral, plus I love to help out with charities and such so count me in brother.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

I'll see if I can make it! I have swim practice after school which will take me to about 9:30 pm EST(6:30 pm PST) so I'll be late. However I'll make sure that I'm there.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Thank you Warrior and Jack. It will be great seeing you guys there on Friday. Good luck with the raffle, to both of you.

It is my hope that even if I have less time for the posting and playing, that I can at least do something like this a couple times a year. Who knows...maybe it will spark other players to do the same and all of us together, as a Community, can do just a little bit to help out others in need. And even if this event only enriches the life of one person, that is something worth standing up and letting out a hardy 'YARRR!' for! Happier for one person, is a happy worth fighting for and giving to.

See you guys Friday night!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Well, you know I wouldn't miss a party unless I were sick or away from the computer. I really love the idea of donating to charity. Wonderful way to give back.

Hope to see many of the marauders there, as well as pirates from Central! (I'm looking at you, yes you, in the back...also you with the funny hat...and you in particular, sir with the mask...)

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I hope that the spiral can truly celebrate your generosity and that you receive many blessings in your work for goodness. I also wish you luck in achieving your dream.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
FireMorgan13 on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
I'll see if I can make it! I have swim practice after school which will take me to about 9:30 pm EST(6:30 pm PST) so I'll be late. However I'll make sure that I'm there.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
It will be great to see you there, Dolan. I completely understand about having after school activities, sports and other responsibilities. All throughout HS, I was always involved in several sports and non-stop practicing. And it often meant missing out on a few other activities here and there. But it was always worth it and being part of a team, while doing something you really enjoy (especially during those years of our lives) is something that will stick with you forever.

Best of luck to you and hopefully you can get dried off with just enough time to make it Friday night.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Wow, this is really unfortunate of me. I just happen to busy on this Friday from 7-11pm. Your generosity continues to amaze me Valkoor, you go out of your way even IRL. You bless children and people that are in dire need which is really, really kind of you. That money could help someone exponentially, which is to say, quite amazing. Thanks for being a great person.

Sorry I can't be there ,
James

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
It will be great to see you there, Dolan. I completely understand about having after school activities, sports and other responsibilities. All throughout HS, I was always involved in several sports and non-stop practicing. And it often meant missing out on a few other activities here and there. But it was always worth it and being part of a team, while doing something you really enjoy (especially during those years of our lives) is something that will stick with you forever.

Best of luck to you and hopefully you can get dried off with just enough time to make it Friday night.
Hey I'm not missing your going-away party completely. That's for sure. Also I need to make sure I add you as a friend before you go. When I said it'll take me to 6:30 p.m., that's about when I arrive home from practice, so I expect I'll catch at least the last 1/2 an hour to 20 minutes of your party.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010

Now I feel bad, the party is going on while I am at school.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Since it is for charity, I will definitely make an appearance. This is very thoughtful of you Valkoor and a wonderful way to support not only Pirate101 but people in need. The world could use more wonderful people like you in it.

We will miss you as you take time away to pursue other things in your life and hope great things for you.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
Well, you know I wouldn't miss a party unless I were sick or away from the computer. I really love the idea of donating to charity. Wonderful way to give back.

Hope to see many of the marauders there, as well as pirates from Central! (I'm looking at you, yes you, in the back...also you with the funny hat...and you in particular, sir with the mask...)
Wonderful, Misty. It will be great seeing you there.

And,lol, you're right! It will be a fun way to get more marauders and Central-ers to meet and hang out. That was one of the thoughts behind posting on both forums. There's quite a cross-over affect between the two sites and I think it would be great for more players to meet, greet and have some fun in the Spiral together.

See you tonight and good luck!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
I hope that the spiral can truly celebrate your generosity and that you receive many blessings in your work for goodness. I also wish you luck in achieving your dream.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Thank you, Dante-- I appreciate that. I'm going to give it all I've got and this event was just a way to launch me towards that first step. It's best to go into something new and somewhat unknown, with a positive outlook and motivating force behind it. And I enjoy trying to help others out, because it helps me out as well (in many ways). We're all together in this game and in life...so we might as well try to actually 'come together'.

Hope to see you there and thanks again!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Well, it appears that my Central thread about the party has been given the piratical hook and with no reason or explanation given to me, as of yet. So I will have to keep up with the raffle/contest/prizes and donation aspect here on the main boards. I'll check with the Central moderators and see if I will at least be able to post the winners there, so that I can be in contact with any of the Central members. I must have posted something that was against the Central rules (not sure what, as I wasn't given any word), but I assure you all that the event is still alive and kickin'. I'll hopefully be posting the names of the winners Monday morning, here on the boards.

I look forward to seeing some great friends, making some new ones and joining you all to contribute to a great cause.

Good luck everyone and I'll see you guys/gals in a few hours (providing this gets posted in time)

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I'm so sorry Valkoor!! In P.E today, I twisted my foot then stepped on it so I pulled something. Nothing serious seems broken, but I've been on the couch since I've been home. I can't walk without feeling pain in my foot. During that time, I forgot the party was today. I'm soooooo sorry. I'll make sure to greet you fabulously when you return.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you very much for the packs, Valkoor. I hope you were able to raise a good deal of money for the charities!
Good luck on your future endeavors!
Esperanza

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello everyone, just wanted to announce the exciting news that the raffle has taken place and all prizes/Crowns rewards have successfully been transferred to the winning pirates. I posted a new 'Spiral Shindig- Winners and Charity Results' thread that lists all of the winners. Once it has been posted I have to add a note and edit it to announce that all prizes have been awarded/transferred to the winning pirates' accounts.

I will merely have to get in touch with Joseph, the Grand Prize winner, on Central and coordinate with him his Bundle of choice.

Congrats to all of the winners and thank you all for coming out to show support!

And thank you to all of those involved with making and allowing the event to happen and for assisting with the Crowns transfers. You guys/gals have noooooooooooooooo idea how much I appreciate that!