Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Instant Crash!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
I'm on a Mac, and every time it says pirate101 is initializing, the spinning thing doesn't move and they it forces shutdown. I've redownloaded it 2 different times and each time the same thing happens. I don't know what I should do... Any suggestions?

Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
Same here - it worked just fine until today. I'm on a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.10. I've never had a problem like this before today. I was in the process of updating the game from 1.2 to 1.4 when this happened so maybe there's an issue with the update. Please fix so we can play!!

Ensign
Aug 25, 2012
If you haven't deleted your trash, try dragging the old version back to your Applications folder, delete the new version (v1.4) then re-name in back to the original name. Worked for me.

YMMV

Oldestpirate

Ensign
Apr 08, 2014
oldestpirate on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
If you haven't deleted your trash, try dragging the old version back to your Applications folder, delete the new version (v1.4) then re-name in back to the original name. Worked for me.

YMMV

Oldestpirate
This worked for me as well. I'm on a Macbook Air. Too bad the update doesn't seem to be working on Macbooks.

Ensign
Aug 25, 2012
Yeah, it's not really a fix to get the new version, but it at least gets us back up until KI gets a solution.

Oldestpirate

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

If you haven't already, I would recommend an email to support@pirate101.com to see if they can help you with the issue.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jan 31, 2009
I had the same problem on my Macbook pro as soon as I installed the update. I e-mailed pirate101@codeweavers.com and the reply stated that there was something wrong with the update. They sent me this link: https://www.codeweavers.com/about/blogs/caron/2014/11/24/how-to-manually-uninstall-and-reinstall-pirate101-on-your-mac and after I followed the instructions, the game worked for me again! I hope this helps!

~Casey McCall