Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Hybrid! - Emusaur

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Hello fellow pirates, a new hybrid was found! Can't say I am really impressed by its design to be honest. Its pretty much a pink Quackosaur... Oh well, if you want to know the combination for the pet, all you need is to breed an Orchid Chameleon and an Ostrich. Don't ask me how breeding a lizard and a flightless bird creates a quacking dinosaur. Oh well, I guess its just the magic of the Spiral. So far we discovered 4 hybrids so far, we are making progress. Were making little progress but at least we are making some progress. See you in the Spiral!

Community Leader
Brand New Hybrid Found by Sorceress Miklai - the Emusaur! It's from Orchid Chameleon x Ostrich. Who would've thought of that? You can find proof of it from Sorceress Miklai HERE. I would've thought that the new hybrid would be from Violet Bubblefish x Quackosaurus. Go figure!

You can see its picture HERE.

PS: Decius, are you sure this is not a bugged hatch? I mean Orchid Chameleon x Ostrich? WUT? I would've thought this pet would come from Violet Bubblefish x Quackosaurus.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
Brand New Hybrid Found by Sorceress Miklai - the Emusaur! It's from Orchid Chameleon x Ostrich. Who would've thought of that? You can find proof of it from Sorceress Miklai HERE. I would've thought that the new hybrid would be from Violet Bubblefish x Quackosaurus. Go figure!

PS: Decius, are you sure this is not a bugged hatch? I mean Orchid Chameleon x Ostrich? WUT? I would've thought this pet would come from Violet Bubblefish x Quackosaurus.
I had people asking me that when they saw my Emusaur in the Morphing Tent.

This is my deduction:

What is an Emusaur? It's a feathered dinosaur that looks like an emu. How is it logical that an Orchid Chameleon and Ostrich create one? Well dinosaur means "Terrible Lizard" and they ARE reptiles just like the Chameleon. Plus there is even a dinosaur that was called Emausaurus (close to Emusaur) and P101 prob just used it as a play on words since Emus & Ostriches closely resemble another. Not only that but science tells us that birds are descended from dinos, too.

So it does make sense and I doubt it is bugged. This is most likely what was intended.

~SM~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:

WOW Thx for telling us.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Morphing is not necessarily logical...

CONGRATS!

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
SorceressMiklai on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:

This is my deduction:

What is an Emusaur? It's a feathered dinosaur that looks like an emu. How is it logical that an Orchid Chameleon and Ostrich create one? Well dinosaur means "Terrible Lizard" and they ARE reptiles just like the Chameleon. Plus there is even a dinosaur that was called Emausaurus (close to Emusaur) and P101 prob just used it as a play on words since Emus & Ostriches closely resemble another. Not only that but science tells us that birds are descended from dinos, too.

So it does make sense and I doubt it is bugged. This is most likely what was intended.

~SM~
Great deduction there SorceressMiklai!

Hep Kat'mun comes up with some great combos.
Some at first won't make sense until you see the result. Then again, He is an OLD Krok, sometimes he just doesn't make sense.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
SorceressMiklai on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:

This is my deduction:

~SM~
That makes a lot of sense... I guess I just payed attention to the "bird" aspect of the Emusaur that I forgot it was also a "reptile". It's all making sense now. Your right, the bird appearance because its an Emu, and Emu's have close relation to Ostriches and the reptilian trait from the Orchard Chameleon. Makes me think what other wacky things are in the Spiral. Looks like I know what I am doing this weekend ;)

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:

Some at first won't make sense until you see the result. Then again, He is an OLD Krok, sometimes he just doesn't make sense.
Well if your gonna make a crazy pink dino pet... leave it to the pros!

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
I've tried it out to get an Emusaur but instead I've got a blue ostrich which is okay don't get me wrong

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:

Hey decius has hep kat'mun come up with another combo?
if he has i would love to have a hint.

Fearless Zenobia Dodger

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It has been awhile - three weeks? - since anyone has reported finding a new combination. I have tried a couple of combinations c. 20 times each, with no luck finding a hybrid.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This morning my Privateer, Marian Kidd, successfully morphed an Emusaur! 'Fluffy'! I must say it's the cutest pet I've seen and the sounds it makes - remind me of a squeaky toy, lol!

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
Indigo Ring on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
It has been awhile - three weeks? - since anyone has reported finding a new combination. I have tried a couple of combinations c. 20 times each, with no luck finding a hybrid.

-Indigo
I think Decius heard you. In another thread on 7/9/14 he said

"I can't go into the detail about what lies behind the curtains in Hep's tent, beyond what is already out there. But with some careful note taking I am sure that what you are asking for can be deduced and you won't even have to bring in any more of those Marleybonians."

I said to myself, "Hmmmm", and took a stroll to Bestia.

First, I examined the curtains of Hep's Tent, quite interesting. There was one sillouhette that looked like it might be a Fandango.

We don't need any more Marleybonians? so we have enough? We have 4 Marleybonian pets available (Fandango, Lil Labor Golem, Crocagator, and the Ostrich)

Behind the curtains, inside the tent, in the back corner are two Marleybonians standing around a very cool looking lizard, very similar looking to the images on the web if you do a search for Fan Lizard.

Fandango + Crocagator = Fan Lizard? Who knows, it is as good a theory as any. I have tried this pair a few times with no luck, but I intend to do it 20 times before I give up on it. Will keep everyone here posted!

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Ascew on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
I think Decius heard you. In another thread on 7/9/14 he said

"I can't go into the detail about what lies behind the curtains in Hep's tent, beyond what is already out there. But with some careful note taking I am sure that what you are asking for can be deduced and you won't even have to bring in any more of those Marleybonians."

I said to myself, "Hmmmm", and took a stroll to Bestia.

First, I examined the curtains of Hep's Tent, quite interesting. There was one sillouhette that looked like it might be a Fandango.

We don't need any more Marleybonians? so we have enough? We have 4 Marleybonian pets available (Fandango, Lil Labor Golem, Crocagator, and the Ostrich)

Behind the curtains, inside the tent, in the back corner are two Marleybonians standing around a very cool looking lizard, very similar looking to the images on the web if you do a search for Fan Lizard.

Fandango + Crocagator = Fan Lizard? Who knows, it is as good a theory as any. I have tried this pair a few times with no luck, but I intend to do it 20 times before I give up on it. Will keep everyone here posted!
thank you so much for letting me know