Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Buy powerful pets with crowns

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
please add a feature where we can buy powerful pets with crowns because the people with powerful pets are just mean and won't hatch with pets thus ruining the point of the hatchery.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I haven't spent too much time at the Morphing Tent, but I have encountered some meanness there, so I know what you mean. You might try setting up a Morph on a fansite, like Pirate101 Central. Depending on what talents you're looking for, you may find someone willing to meet up.

I don't have any particularly powerful pets, since I've mostly hatched looking for hybrids, but I've lucked into a few powers and talents.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zachshock on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
please add a feature where we can buy powerful pets with crowns because the people with powerful pets are just mean and won't hatch with pets thus ruining the point of the hatchery.
Zachshock, why not just ask here for some help morphing a powerful pet? Many here would be delighted to help you get a good, powerful pet, without the need to spend crowns.
Please tell us:
what pet are you looking for?
are there any talents or powers that you want in a pet?
What time ( include time zone ) day and realm would you like for us to morph with you?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
What realm are you in, Zach? I've not run into anyone being mean and refusing to morph in Avery. Some of my pirates have quite decent pets; what are you looking for?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Perhaps people will not morph with you because of the way you ask?

DO you use the player name? do you say PLEASE?

you can also try asking people with mid level pets and work your way up to a higher level pet over time, a lot of people will morph with mid level pets but not starter pets.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Buying powerful pets from the crown shop sounds good

Most people will morph with you unless they have no gold or morph timers, especially if you ask in the morphing tent

Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
I've been doing all those things but that never got me a hatch, after an hour or so being in there I snap and forget what I have done and I close the game.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
You are either unlucky or I have been very lucky, zachshock. I have certainly had people say "no" when I have asked to "morph up" (my weaker pet with a more powerful one) but I have very frequently had people help me out.

One thing to keep in mind that people with really really nice pets that are equipped (so people can check them) tend to be constantly asked to morph. They cannot say "yes" to everyone all the time.

I do find it helps if I address the person I want by name, and I always ask politely. If that pirate has said something via chat recently, so I know they are there, I often salute or bow before making my request. Helps get their attention! If they say no, I always say "thanks, as well. Not sure how much it helps, but I usually also identify what I am hoping to achieve by the morph. Even if the person you ask cannot help, not infrequently someone else overhearing the conversation can and will help (when I am morphing with strangers, I do hang out in Avery).

So, what are you looking for? With the aid of strangers, I have an excellent melee pet with Grants Riposte, Grants Bladestorm, and Grants Relentless as its Talents, so if you are looking for a good melee pet, let me know when and where you want to meet.

-Indigo

Ensign
Aug 27, 2012
Indigo Ring on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
You are either unlucky or I have been very lucky, zachshock. I have certainly had people say "no" when I have asked to "morph up" (my weaker pet with a more powerful one) but I have very frequently had people help me out.

One thing to keep in mind that people with really really nice pets that are equipped (so people can check them) tend to be constantly asked to morph. They cannot say "yes" to everyone all the time.

I do find it helps if I address the person I want by name, and I always ask politely. If that pirate has said something via chat recently, so I know they are there, I often salute or bow before making my request. Helps get their attention! If they say no, I always say "thanks, as well. Not sure how much it helps, but I usually also identify what I am hoping to achieve by the morph. Even if the person you ask cannot help, not infrequently someone else overhearing the conversation can and will help (when I am morphing with strangers, I do hang out in Avery).

So, what are you looking for? With the aid of strangers, I have an excellent melee pet with Grants Riposte, Grants Bladestorm, and Grants Relentless as its Talents, so if you are looking for a good melee pet, let me know when and where you want to meet.

-Indigo
Nice melee pet Indigo! I have a couple of good melee pets(Grants Blade Storm, Relentless, Riposte(I just got that one and neither parent had Grants Riposte so I'm so happy), Vengeance Strike, a couple of Musket grants) but the only pet I have with more then one Epic Power grant is a Sandy Cat Cub with Grants Relentless and Burst Fire(and Grants Kraken's Lament and Triton's Song) so i hope to soon combine my melee pets together to hopefully get a pet similar to yours. Zackshock I would also be willing to morph with you or anyone who would like to morph but I think Indigo might be a little better of a choice. Little hint/pro tip(I use pro tip warily since there're most definitely more powerful and better pirates here) if you were to post a friend finder code or a true friend code you could become friends that way(if KI would allow it, I don't see why not)

I hope I hear some positive morph results from you, zackshock, and I hope I hear from some people wanting to morph,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 61

Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
My questing Witchdoctor and my Privateer need spooky grants ( heals, maybe the assassin mist , heck I'll even accept that melee strike that requires spooky for better poison )

I think I have enough gold ( no morphs discouraged me from continuing this game ) if I don't I'll farm quickly for some.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
When a pirate gets to max level sometimes it's hard to find a place to spend all that gold! What better way to use it than to help out a novice pirate in the Morphing Tent? I frequently drop in to see if there's anything going on and if there are people looking for specific pets... and if I have one of them I'll gladly morph. It relieves my coffers of some excess coinage and it offers both me and the other guy a chance at a new pet.
It doesn't hurt at all to be helpful (usually) and you might get something really worthwhile out of the experience.