Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ideas for future Powers(For Ratbeard to play with)

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
RatBeard said in another thread that he is looking for ideas for powers, so here goes nothing. Feedback and other suggestions will be appreciated, as I can't be the only one with ideas XD. Most of my current ideas are for Witchdoctors, as they usually have the most unique powers, although other class power ideas will be on the way!(expect replies to myself, as I usually improvise these things)
powers:
Mojo's Shroud: +25%(spell power image), and you take 10% more melee damage and -10% damage less from magic/ranged attacks for 5 turns, this is a self target.
Mojo Shield: Initially, this will knock all entities from you by one block(including the player's companions) taking 5-10% of their health in damage(can't critical). After this, the player can't move, but no entity can get within one block of the player, except newly spawned in objects. This effect lasts for 3 turns.
Mojo Lightning: Has unlimited range, is single target, deals x1.5 the current caster's spell power(also increased by players will), and stuns the target for two turns.
Dark Magic: This is considered a buff, however when an opponent approaches the player while this buff is active, it removes all buffs on the opponent. This lasts for 3 turns.
Karma: Any hit you take, deal 50% of damage taken to the attacker. This works on both talents and powers. Lasts for 3 turns. This is a neutral passive. Self target
Death Cheater: The caster loses 25% of their maximum health(cannot be cast if they are under 25% of their maximum health), and is applied with a neutral(the white letters) and permanent curse effect and a permanent neutral called "cheater of death". If you would die with the "cheater of death" passive, you drop to 1% of your maximum health instead, and then gain 50% of the caster's maximum health back, and then the curse and the death cheater effect are removed.

This ought to be interesting to see what we can come up with to make both PvE and PvP a lot more interesting

Have fun making ideas!

-Stormy Sam Templeton 65

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Stormy Sam Templet... on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
RatBeard said in another thread that he is looking for ideas for powers, so here goes nothing. Feedback and other suggestions will be appreciated, as I can't be the only one with ideas XD. Most of my current ideas are for Witchdoctors, as they usually have the most unique powers, although other class power ideas will be on the way!(expect replies to myself, as I usually improvise these things)
powers:
Mojo's Shroud: +25%(spell power image), and you take 10% more melee damage and -10% damage less from magic/ranged attacks for 5 turns, this is a self target.
Mojo Shield: Initially, this will knock all entities from you by one block(including the player's companions) taking 5-10% of their health in damage(can't critical). After this, the player can't move, but no entity can get within one block of the player, except newly spawned in objects. This effect lasts for 3 turns.
Mojo Lightning: Has unlimited range, is single target, deals x1.5 the current caster's spell power(also increased by players will), and stuns the target for two turns.
Dark Magic: This is considered a buff, however when an opponent approaches the player while this buff is active, it removes all buffs on the opponent. This lasts for 3 turns.
Karma: Any hit you take, deal 50% of damage taken to the attacker. This works on both talents and powers. Lasts for 3 turns. This is a neutral passive. Self target
Death Cheater: The caster loses 25% of their maximum health(cannot be cast if they are under 25% of their maximum health), and is applied with a neutral(the white letters) and permanent curse effect and a permanent neutral called "cheater of death". If you would die with the "cheater of death" passive, you drop to 1% of your maximum health instead, and then gain 50% of the caster's maximum health back, and then the curse and the death cheater effect are removed.

This ought to be interesting to see what we can come up with to make both PvE and PvP a lot more interesting

Have fun making ideas!

-Stormy Sam Templeton 65
Dark Magic... I think your on to something!

A past idea of mine:

Recoil shot: The next tier up from Uncanny Shot, move back one square and reduce dodge by 75%...(The rest stays the same)

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
These powers, if they were implemented, would easily make WD the most powerful class in the game by FAR. If Ratbeard decides to add them, they would be toned down a ton.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
powers: I know they don't specialize in powers, but still there can be some cool ones.

Siren's Lure: Has a unlimited range, and is single target. Target is pulled toward the caster by 2 blocks, and is immobilized for 2 turns.

Hydra's Taunt: Deal x.5 weapon power to all enemies, and grants the user +50% armor rating, and a x4 threat level for 3 turns.
Preparation: Reduces all damage to adjacent allies by 30%, however caster takes 20% more damage for 5 turns.
Even Ground: Single target with a range of 3. Target and caster have current buffs and debuffs removed.

powers: There are so many powers already, it is hard to come up with original ideas for them...
Rallying Reliance: Caster and adjacent allies are immune to incoming debuffs for 2 turns.

Advancing Arrogance: +5% X the number of positive buffs on yourself, and -10% for every debuff on yourself for 3 turns.
Temporary Alliance: All enemy minions that attack temporarily heal instead of damage you and your allies for 3 turns. In this period, your threat level decreases by half(so the AI is more likely to attack companions)
powers:
Summon Turret: This minion is a little bit special. It is a musketeer minion that is stationary, and its epics are: Overwatch 2, Burst Fire 1, Double Tap 1, and Parting Shot 2. This minion has a range of 3. Level of this minion is based on the caster's AGILITY stat. The power has a base of 3.

Marking Shot: Single target, x.5 damage, has a base range of three. "Marks" the target for 2 turns. When attacking a "marked" target, the attacker gains a 20% accuracy boost.

Snare Shot: Single Target, and has a base range of three. Immobilizes target for 2 turns(starting the turn you use it(turns of it ends at the start of the opponent's turn).

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
These powers, if they were implemented, would easily make WD the most powerful class in the game by FAR. If Ratbeard decides to add them, they would be toned down a ton.
Oh don't worry my fellow pirate, every class will be overpowered when I'm through with them. Most of the witchdoctor powers have a cost and/or don't last that long. Besides, these are for the next update: these should be powerful no?

Edit: On an additional note, WD are rather a bit underrated/underpowered right now. Shouldn't some of these at least even the scales a bit?

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Oh yeah, almost forgot, powers

Panic: This is a new mechanic(a debuff) that could go a few ways: whatever it is applied to, it will do 1/3 things. a) it prevents attack powers from being played, b) prevents defensive powers from being played(kind of op), or c) prevent summoning powers from being played for at least one turn. Don't really have a power for it, but it is a concept that could be applied to one

Paralyzing fear: Against the enemy team, reduce their movement speed by 3 for 2 rounds. Your team then gains a +1 movement speed for 2 rounds.

Quick Thinker: Self-target power that increases your dodge by 35% for 6 rounds.

For the captain!: This power will divert damage away from you to any ally adjacent to you for 5 turns(the added damage divides evenly among multiple targets)