Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Placing "No-trade" in you're shared bank?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Hello everyone, I know I've been a little pushy with my previous topics... Yeah, there are somethings that I don't agree with in this game... But here is another thing I don't agree with. Yup... Another one. Although, I think I have met people who agree with me on this, and it is that you're not allowed to put certain gear inside you're shared bank for your other pirates to take advantage of. Recently I've been farming the Moo Manchu Tower with my Buccaneer and I managed to get the Nefarious Staff as a drop. Now, buccaneers are more of a 'melee' type of class than a magic class. I couldn't equip the staff because it required the "Staffy Weapons 2" talent. I couldn't use it... Bummer, but, I didn't want to sell this valuable and rare piece of treasure either. Thats when I decided to place this decent wand in my shared bank for my Witchdoctor to own, until it told me that I couldn't place no-trade items in my shared bank... *sigh*... So, the only thing I could do is hold on to the wand as it collects dust... I think this is a little bit... Well, uh... Unnecessary I suppose? Heres my reason. There are some items that sometimes a pirate can't use. Like there are class restricted gear, or a pirate doesn't have the requirements to actually equip an item because they don't have the necessary talents, levels, etc. However, when you have a pirate that does have the requirements to own and use that item that your other pirate owns, is a better option. I mean, yes, the nefarious staff isn't a class restricted, however, my buccaneer can't use it because he doesn't have the talents, nor because it doesn't fit his playing style either. Its kinda sad to get rid of a valuable treasure that your can't use, even though another pirate could use it. Its like throwing diamonds into a fire pit even though someone else could have taken better care of those diamonds. I hope this could be reconsidered (unless there is a good reason why this feature was added) and if you don't agree with me, please don't bash me A simple I don't agree and why would make me feel better than criticizing me See you in the Spiral

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Sep 26, 2014 wrote:
Hello everyone, I know I've been a little pushy with my previous topics... Yeah, there are somethings that I don't agree with in this game... But here is another thing I don't agree with. Yup... Another one. Although, I think I have met people who agree with me on this, and it is that you're not allowed to put certain gear inside you're shared bank for your other pirates to take advantage of. Recently I've been farming the Moo Manchu Tower with my Buccaneer and I managed to get the Nefarious Staff as a drop. Now, buccaneers are more of a 'melee' type of class than a magic class. I couldn't equip the staff because it required the "Staffy Weapons 2" talent. I couldn't use it... Bummer, but, I didn't want to sell this valuable and rare piece of treasure either. Thats when I decided to place this decent wand in my shared bank for my Witchdoctor to own, until it told me that I couldn't place no-trade items in my shared bank... *sigh*... So, the only thing I could do is hold on to the wand as it collects dust... I think this is a little bit... Well, uh... Unnecessary I suppose? Heres my reason. There are some items that sometimes a pirate can't use. Like there are class restricted gear, or a pirate doesn't have the requirements to actually equip an item because they don't have the necessary talents, levels, etc. However, when you have a pirate that does have the requirements to own and use that item that your other pirate owns, is a better option. I mean, yes, the nefarious staff isn't a class restricted, however, my buccaneer can't use it because he doesn't have the talents, nor because it doesn't fit his playing style either. Its kinda sad to get rid of a valuable treasure that your can't use, even though another pirate could use it. Its like throwing diamonds into a fire pit even though someone else could have taken better care of those diamonds. I hope this could be reconsidered (unless there is a good reason why this feature was added) and if you don't agree with me, please don't bash me A simple I don't agree and why would make me feel better than criticizing me See you in the Spiral
Since the shared bank is the way you trade items among your pirates, it's logical that you can't put them in there. Annoying, yes, but that's the way it is. Ratbeard is urging us to hold onto that no trade gear, so find some space in your buccaneer's regular bank and hold it for a bit.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A lot of people feel the same as you. Hold on to those rare items! Ratbeard is working to change the no-trade rule!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
:D well on the upside Ratbeard has mentioned to hold onto the Nefarious Tower No-trade items. Meaning an update may make them trade able via shared bank

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It's to keep the item's rare factor in place. If you could trade them then everybody would simply have everything and what would be the advantage of that?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
Have you tried putting it in that particular pirates bank? That way you would at least clean the backpack up some.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
No trade restrictions are not just found in Pirate101, but most MMOs. No trade items have a specific purpose....to prevent "twinking" of characters. Twinking is giving items or gear from one character to another that would significantly make them more powerful than meeting the qualifications for that gear or item. No trade also keeps unique looking gear with the character that actually did the work to obtain it. No trade items are not prevalent through the game, but they are applied to the most unique or powerful items in the game.

Class restrictive gear is designed to keep certain powers/talents to that class only. If you could mix and match between whatever class you wanted, it could potentially make certain classes more powerful than others. Limiting certain powers/talents to certain gear is why they are marked class only.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I agree this no trade items should not have implemented ( included ) in the game. It's ridiculous to farm these items and store them in our storage chest to be left unused.It's like a wasted effort for me and me crews,in that tower. How on earth my Buccaneer use these wands,since she don't train hoodoo skills ? My witchdoctor really want to acquire these items but she can't. It feels like my pirate got scourged ( ripped off ) on behave of her efforts.

Please KI we request, wait we beg you to remove the No trade message.