Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

a few farming questions for ratbeard

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
i have a few questions for you that i hope you can answer, other wise i think you may have been tricking us the whole time about your knowledge of farming techniques. i may have to resort to SpongeBob's bubble blowing technique if you cant answer this. here they are

1 i have horrible luck but if i open all the chests first and then without waiting open the boss chest i usually get a drop and i really never get a drop if i wait. how come that happens?

2 this is not a lie i swear to all my elite gear (have every single one but rookes axe) when i farm very late into the night i get allot more rare gear, (again not a lie) in less than a week i got 3 of bishops keys his glasses one fight and the very next his staff and rooke's shield, can you explain the phenomenon?

3 did you raise the drop rate for bishop? he seems to drop allot more items than he used to

4 why is rooke so stingy? he never seems to drop anything if he does its nothing good, and so far he only drops his stuff on the last fight care to explain?

5 last but not least, is there a secret armada ring somewhere, if not can you make one because i want to have a full armada gear set and sneak into there bases undetected and blow them up, though i probably shouldn't show up to my friends house or anywhere else there are pirates unexpected for that matter though its not your goal it would make allot of people happy

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer (hello i am jack nightingale i want your axe, prepare to die)

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Sorry but that would be telling.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
i have a few questions for you that i hope you can answer, other wise i think you may have been tricking us the whole time about your knowledge of farming techniques. i may have to resort to SpongeBob's bubble blowing technique if you cant answer this. here they are

1 i have horrible luck but if i open all the chests first and then without waiting open the boss chest i usually get a drop and i really never get a drop if i wait. how come that happens?

2 this is not a lie i swear to all my elite gear (have every single one but rookes axe) when i farm very late into the night i get allot more rare gear, (again not a lie) in less than a week i got 3 of bishops keys his glasses one fight and the very next his staff and rooke's shield, can you explain the phenomenon?

3 did you raise the drop rate for bishop? he seems to drop allot more items than he used to

4 why is rooke so stingy? he never seems to drop anything if he does its nothing good, and so far he only drops his stuff on the last fight care to explain?

5 last but not least, is there a secret armada ring somewhere, if not can you make one because i want to have a full armada gear set and sneak into there bases undetected and blow them up, though i probably shouldn't show up to my friends house or anywhere else there are pirates unexpected for that matter though its not your goal it would make allot of people happy

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer (hello i am jack nightingale i want your axe, prepare to die)
I believe all of it happens on coincidence. As they've said throughout updates, they pretty much never touch the loot tables unless of course they add some stuff to it. Ratbeard has mentioned before there really is no way for us to alter the drop rates in any way, shape, or form. So any drops you get while performing some "technique" or farming at a certain time of day is all coincidence. Personally, Bishop is probably my least favorite boss to farm because he literally drops nothing for me. I've spent an entire day helping people in that dungeon and, I kid you not, I got nothing from both his fights except for pet snacks. I would say gold, but my gold stash was already at the limit.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Gruesome Richard on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
I believe all of it happens on coincidence. As they've said throughout updates, they pretty much never touch the loot tables unless of course they add some stuff to it. Ratbeard has mentioned before there really is no way for us to alter the drop rates in any way, shape, or form. So any drops you get while performing some "technique" or farming at a certain time of day is all coincidence. Personally, Bishop is probably my least favorite boss to farm because he literally drops nothing for me. I've spent an entire day helping people in that dungeon and, I kid you not, I got nothing from both his fights except for pet snacks. I would say gold, but my gold stash was already at the limit.
You are sad that you have a lot of gold?
I WILL TRADE, ALL MY GOLD FOR ALL OF YOUR GOLD! (I have less than 50,000 gold.)

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Gruesome Richard on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
all he seems to give me are weapons, i didn't even knew he dropped pet snacks