Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship to ship pvp

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 18, 2013
I think it would be really cool if we could have ship battles with other players. it would be fun to challenge our friends with our ships to test our ship's strength. I don't have any idea what we would call it, but I think it would be fun.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Awesome Thomas on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
I think it would be really cool if we could have ship battles with other players. it would be fun to challenge our friends with our ships to test our ship's strength. I don't have any idea what we would call it, but I think it would be fun.
So how would this work? Will the most powerful ship just blow the other ship out of the sky? Or would you require the fight to continue by 'boarding'? You see, only the strongest ships ( usually from the crown shop and with crown shop gear ) would stand a chance of winning in the first scenario. By boarding a players ship, the battle becomes more equal. I don't think it would be fun at all.

Ensign
Jul 04, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
So how would this work? Will the most powerful ship just blow the other ship out of the sky? Or would you require the fight to continue by 'boarding'? You see, only the strongest ships ( usually from the crown shop and with crown shop gear ) would stand a chance of winning in the first scenario. By boarding a players ship, the battle becomes more equal. I don't think it would be fun at all.
ah ha!, that is why there WOULD be a boarding mechanism, and it would be called naval PvP!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SatchelMan7 on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
ah ha!, that is why there WOULD be a boarding mechanism, and it would be called naval PvP!
No then, it would just be your standard 1v1 pvp.

Community Leader
I like the idea of ship PVP, I do not want boarding to have anything to do with it however, because then it becomes regular PVP, on board a ship.

I have ZERO interest in regular pvp, ship boarding in pirate101 style, would ruin ship pvp for me.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
But what if I'm too over powered and my ship is too over powered as well... That wouldn't be fair, yes?

Ensign
Jul 04, 2013
Dr Zeppers on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
I like the idea of ship PVP, I do not want boarding to have anything to do with it however, because then it becomes regular PVP, on board a ship.

I have ZERO interest in regular pvp, ship boarding in pirate101 style, would ruin ship pvp for me.
that's true, and it would be crowded with all those companions

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Perhaps two different pvp zones for ship combat? You can sail into the one you wish to participate in.

Zone 1 - Naval Battle:
Ship to Ship combat only, players may not attack someone who is 6 or more levels lower than them (Nautical) to even out the equipment gap. In this zone no ship boarding is allowed. Spawn zones (healing zones) will be present to allow ships to heal before going back into battle. Each zone will have a level 80 npc ship guarding the zone. To sit outside a healing zone and camp for players to reenter combat means certain death for you.
Rewards will be based on your level v enemy level. Ship types, and speed of combat. Rewards can be almost anything from gold, housing items, pet food/cards. This will also introduce a new xp bar, the PVP bar. You will gain xp based on these factors too. PVP level will be good to purchase pvp specific gear, supplies, ships, etc.

Zone 2 - Plunder Battle:
Ship to Ship combat which progresses into boarding parties. Like in Naval Battle you may not attack someone who is 6 levels lower than you, however this also includes true level as well as nautical level. Most of the functions from above will be the same, however each boarding party will be the pirate and his/her top 5 companions. No henchmen will be allowed in combat and top two pets also may join combat.
Rewards will work the same way allowing a player to build their pvp gear. And while this gear can be used in pve, it won't be better than the pve equipment you get from normal quests and drops.

(For some reason adding details to the side of your haul for each ship sunk sounds amazing to me)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Evileen83 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Perhaps two different pvp zones for ship combat? You can sail into the one you wish to participate in.

Zone 1 - Naval Battle:
Ship to Ship combat only, players may not attack someone who is 6 or more levels lower than them (Nautical) to even out the equipment gap. In this zone no ship boarding is allowed. Spawn zones (healing zones) will be present to allow ships to heal before going back into battle. Each zone will have a level 80 npc ship guarding the zone. To sit outside a healing zone and camp for players to reenter combat means certain death for you.
Rewards will be based on your level v enemy level. Ship types, and speed of combat. Rewards can be almost anything from gold, housing items, pet food/cards. This will also introduce a new xp bar, the PVP bar. You will gain xp based on these factors too. PVP level will be good to purchase pvp specific gear, supplies, ships, etc.

Zone 2 - Plunder Battle:
Ship to Ship combat which progresses into boarding parties. Like in Naval Battle you may not attack someone who is 6 levels lower than you, however this also includes true level as well as nautical level. Most of the functions from above will be the same, however each boarding party will be the pirate and his/her top 5 companions. No henchmen will be allowed in combat and top two pets also may join combat.
Rewards will work the same way allowing a player to build their pvp gear. And while this gear can be used in pve, it won't be better than the pve equipment you get from normal quests and drops.

(For some reason adding details to the side of your haul for each ship sunk sounds amazing to me)
This sounds very interesting, if a little complicated. Should ranked pvp come to P101, this could be an extension of the game.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Evileen83 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:

Zone 1 - Naval Battle:

Zone 2 - Plunder Battle:

Arrr! That's a great idea!

Ensign
Feb 25, 2012
I came up with this idea I think this guy stole it but I wanted it were ye sink their ship or board and ye chose ye companions and when ye win ye get a ship part or something lets hope for svs - bloody talon quinn